• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PC: New Release Date, First Screens and System Specs (March 24, 2015)

Nethaniah

At this point i'm just wondering if people are ignoring R*' s entire trackrecord on purpose or they truly have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

And no, MP3 did not release in an acceptable state.

Jeremy

Gat out of Hell is more than enough to keep me busy

166.gif

The publishers of Dying Light are probably breathing a sigh of relief.

Anyone else actually looking forward to Dying Light more than GTA5?

No one? Ok.

solarus

I can't believe anyone thought it would actually launch on the 27th and are surprised by this, we've had no real news on the pc version and we were so close to the original release date. The overreaction is hilarious, some of you are acting like this is some huge deception and insult, it just needs more time- big deal.

Radec

Can't wait to see who will break the magical 100gb as a minimum required hdd space.

Probably by the end of this gen.

Developers of Bloodborne are shaking now.

How so? Chances are those who have a PS4 already bought GTAV and will buy Bloodborne instead of the PC version to play it again on a higher quality.

They're fine.

Sjefen

I hold off buying the PS4 version waiting for the PC version, I need that FPS mode now. what to do, what to do??

Komo

Banned
You are really mad about the delay of a video game that you have not paid for and thus is not owed to you.

Kneejerk reaction. I've been waiting for this game since it was announced and I'm sick of waiting. Nothing I can do, I guess. I very rarely buy new games, so I guess I'll just keep working on my backlog until then

RedSwirl

I guess the reason I'm not mad at the delay is because of my 100+ game Steam backlog. I literally don't plan to buy any new games between now and the end of March.

komorebi

The publishers of Dying Light are probably breathing a sigh of relief.

Anyone else actually looking forward to Dying Light more than GTA5?

No one? Ok.

I am. I've played through GTA5 twice and still working on the PS4 version. Not really as excited about the PC version anymore after playing PS4. Dying Light looks like a fantastic zombie game and what Dead Island should have been. Real excited to play it.

Lotta people in this thread have a whoooole lot of faith in capitalism (aka "the hype machine" [see also: "the hype train."])

You would be objectively wrong but hey, would not be the first time.

Boosh! Love the ad hominem, great way to follow up after the personal anecdotes. What's next, good buddy?

Gangxxter

I'm glad they've delayed it till March. I want to finish my Bachelor degree by then and I was already worried that the game would upset my plans if released in January.

Besides that I'd take a delayed, bugfree game over a rushed bugfest anyday.

Gruso

I'm ok with this. My new PC was built for this in part, but I'm so busy catching up on other stuff I could barely run before that I don't care.

That 65GB though. I knew my 250GB Steam SSD would need a partner eventually... might happen earlier than planned now. Mostly I'm hoping my ISP has this on their freezone mirror.

Not as mad as I am disappointed about the delay itself, but Rockstar's PR department regarding the topic of delays (especially considering the company delays almost everything they ever announce) really needs some work.

Is it really so difficult to not promise a release date in the first place? That would be 100% better than what they currently do. Fans should be pissed, I don't blame anyone who is.

MrBS

Time for you all to join a 'boycott GTAV' steam group so we can have a new screenshot for 2015 ;)

Now that I have a 970 I should see how GTAIV PC performs these days. Anyway. I will be waiting until the dust settles in the PC performance thread before I make up my mind.

Is it really so difficult to not promise a release date in the first place? That would be 100% better than what they currently do. Fans should be pissed, I don't blame anyone who is.

How do people who get mad at delays manage to like video games without having an aneurysm?

You have paid Rockstar zero dollars, they owe you zero things.

If you plan your life around the releases of video games, you are broken and sad.
Do you know where you are? Since you clearly don't think gaming is a valid hobby, there's probably not much point in arguing with you - but - yes, people plan their 'lives' around video game releases, whether that is hardware upgrades or entire builds, not spending money in anticipation of buying a game on a certain month, taking time off work etc.

I'm sorry that you think there's something wrong with people like that.

Dezeer

I can't believe anyone thought it would actually launch on the 27th and are surprised by this, we've had no real news on the pc version and we were so close to the original release date. The overreaction is hilarious, some of you are acting like this is some huge deception and insult, it just needs more time- big deal.

Well it wasn't so far off when compared to the news for the ng console release, we had a post about "exclusive content" three weeks before launch and some rumors about new the FP(S) mode and before that a post about two months before release, other than that the news cycle had been pretty much the same between console and PC. So saying it wasn't a surprise is an understatement.

And not all people are reacting to the delay itself, but to the way Rockstar handled the news and left it to last possible moment to reveal.

derExperte

Judging from the those requirements its looking like this might end up being a good port, yet the bitching continues because apparently rockstar isn't allowed to make sure this port is worth while even it it means a few delays. And you wonder why some developers have a hard time catering to PC gamers. Damned if you do and dammed if you dont.

Ah, the good ol' 'PC gamers, eh?' But you know, look at how some other studios handled their late ports, like Ground Zeroes or Dead Rising 3. They actively communicated with PC gamers right there on Steam, showed early footage, asked for expectations and opinions. I know this is unheard of in console land and thus a strange concept to some but you can be a tad more open than Rockstar which will generate a ton of goodwill.

SliChillax

Ah, the good ol' 'PC gamers, eh?' But you know, look at how some other studios handled their late ports, like Ground Zeroes or Dead Rising 3. They actively communicated with PC gamers right there on Steam, showed early footage, asked for expectations and opinions. I know this is unheard of in console land and thus a strange concept to some but you can be a tad more open than Rockstar which will generate a ton of goodwill.

Dead Rising 3 is a horrible PC port.

derExperte

Dead Rising 3 is a horrible PC port.

The X1 version was a technical mess to begin with so I'm not sure they could've done much better. But I wasn't really talking about the end result and more about all those weird comments implying PC gamers should shut up and stop being difficult when so far Rockstar has done little to earn our confidence.

Is it an actual bad PC port or does it just do crazy things with the NPC count? I'll probably play it when I upgrade my PC.

You'll need serious horse power to not run into performance problems and sometime it's not apparent why that is.

Wedge7

Ah man, sucks for those who were eagerly waiting, but not a huge deal for me. My originally planned Christmas break game now became my Summer break game lol. Not like I dont have enough on my plate anyway.

Mechazawa

It'll do well regardless, but January would've been a great time to release when there's nothing coming out this month. I don't care much about Rockstar games, but I might've been tempted to pick it up during the zeitgeist.

Now it'll be put on the backburner for a Steam sale pickup while I dig into Bloodborne.

Enosh

hmm kinda low card requirements, but i guess the ting was also on the ps360 so meh

64gig.. I guess 20gig of that is fucking movies and voice work in spanish, german, russian etc -.-

bigdracula

Neo Member
I'm happy to let it bake a few extra months. We've already waited a long time, a little more won't hurt, especially if it means the game will be better optimized as a result.

Top Bottom