• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii/PSP and PS360 games from Konami/Climax

StuBurns

Banned
Team Silent's main designers should regroup and work with an external studio to give us Silent Hill 5 for the PS360.

I hope it's that.

Spiegel

From the jobs section:

"Climax are one of the leading creative lights of independent games development with a great history, but our future is even more exciting with awesome titles such Overlord: Dark Legend for Codemasters, our stunning and refreshing take on the horror genre and our original ground breaking next-gen game for the PS3 and the Xbox 360. "

Yeah, it's a new Silent Hill for PSP/WII

StuBurns

Banned
Konami don't have an amazing IP collection.

I wonder if the PS360 game is a Konami IP. I could see a new Contra game I guess.

Silent Hill Wii would get a purchase from me instantaneously if it was an original title and they did some cool things with the Wiimote. I hope they bring the other games over too if possible. I'm a huge fan of horror.

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Climax made Silent Hill 0rigins for PSP and PS2. Not really a favorite of mine due to various gameplay related problems (would take too long to list), but Climax cared enough to boost the PS2 version in terms of graphics.
Whatever it is, I hope the gameplay is good. I’m not worried about the visuals.

TheKingsCrown said:
Silent Hill Wii would get a purchase from me instantaneously if it was an original title and they did some cool things with the Wiimote. I hope they bring the other games over too if possible. I'm a huge fan of horror.

If it's a PSP/Wii project I doubt they'll do much to exploit the possibilities of the Wii remote. Expect a lot of needless waggling though.

Eteric Rice

BrodiemanTTR said:
If it's a PSP/Wii project I doubt they'll do much to exploit the possibilities of the Wii remote. Expect a lot of needless waggling though.

Unless they build it on the Wii and port it down.

But that doesn't happen much. :(

GDGF said:
Surely you'll be able to move a flashlight using the Wiimote ala Fragile.

Even if you could, the design of the game wouldn't take advantage of the idea since it couldn't be replicated on the PSP.

Flunkie

Banned
BrodiemanTTR said:
Even if you could, the design of the game wouldn't take advantage of the idea since it couldn't be replicated on the PSP.
Easy. They're developing it for the PSP2 with a second analog stick.

later

It's so funny how everyone is now doing "horror games" on the wii.. Once one developer does a successful game, all others follow. But they're too afraid to take a chance and make something different... FPS games, etc.

later said:
It's so funny how everyone is now doing "horror games" on the wii.. Once one developer does a successful game, all others follow. But they're too afraid to take a chance and make something different... FPS games, etc.

What was the successful game, if I may ask.

wsippel

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Unless they build it on the Wii and port it down.

But that doesn't happen much. :(
The website only mentioned Wii until recently if I remember correctly. If it started as a Wii only project, the PSP version probably is a down port.

TunaLover

Climax seems pretty committed with Wii, just look Overlord, they build a custom engine for it, and it looks gorgeous. I doubt they aren´t giving the same treatment to SHWii gameplay wise.

Sadist

Wait, how many horror titles does the Wii have right now?

But, I agree with a lot of people here, it has to be Silent Hill. Allthough, the whole refreshing take on the horrorgenre makes me a bit sceptical. After Dead Space Extraction you'll just have to wait.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Silent Hill? On the Wii?

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Dascu

Sadist said:
Wait, how many horror titles does the Wii have right now?
If you take a wide definition of the horror genre, there's quite a few of them on the Wii. On top of my head, I can think of:

Out now:
RE4: Wii Edition
RE:UC
REmake Wii (in Japan)
REZero Wii (in Japan)
Fatal Frame 4 (in Japan)
HotD2&3
House of the Dead Overkill
LIT

Upcoming:
Cold Mountain
Dead Space Extraction
The Calling
Suda51's Action/Horror Project
This?

Vaporware:
Winter
Sadness

Shovelware:
Escape from Bug Island
Alone in the Dark

ah now we know why these screens exist! :p

1zdbtqv.jpg

14loe3n.jpg

different devs. i know

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Dascu said:
Wait a minute. Isn't there an on-rails Silent Hill Arcade shooter?
No. It doesn't exist. Never has. Never will.
Anyone talking about Silent Hill: the Arcade is a liar, and you shouldn't believe him.
All screenshots and videos are fake. Yamaoka made them himself just for the lulz.

yoopoo said:
hoho... published by Konami too http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/2009/02/saw-video-game-picked-up-by-konami.html

But the developer is or was Zombie Studios.

The developer for PC, PS3 and 360 versions is/was Zombie Studios. There's always the possibility that Climax have been separately contracted to provide a Wii/PSP version because of their experience with the systems.

I'm hoping that isn't the case, as I'm thoroughly sick of the Saw series (and have been pretty much since the first movie...) and I'd much rather see Climax working on a Wii Silent Hill, or preferably a new horror IP.

Aru

Jocchan said:
No. It doesn't exist. Never has. Never will.
Anyone talking about Silent Hill: the Arcade is a liar, and you shouldn't believe him.
All screenshots and videos are fake. Yamaoka made them himself just for the lulz.

Isn't the iPhone Silent Hill an on-rail shooter ?

Spiegel

Cosmonaut X said:
The developer for PC, PS3 and 360 versions is/was Zombie Studios. There's always the possibility that Climax have been separately contracted to provide a Wii/PSP version because of their experience with the systems.

Okay, It's going to be the Saw game.

AnnSwag said:
Climax made Silent Hill 0rigins for PSP and PS2. Not really a favorite of mine due to various gameplay related problems (would take too long to list), but Climax cared enough to boost the PS2 version in terms of graphics.
Whatever it is, I hope the gameplay is good. I’m not worried about the visuals.

I found Origins to be fairly enjoyable. Never really brilliant but competent nonetheless. If was definitely on the short side, it was a bit dissapointing with its suite of endings (a normal, a bad and a UFO) and 3 out of the 4 locations felt like they were sticking a little too closely to the series hallmarks (not 1, but 2 hospitals and a motel). Saying that I really liked the theatre and what they did with that.

Booser

Didnt IGN hint not so long ago that Konami was bringing an IP to Wii we wouldnt expect?

Silent Hill would fit a lot better with that then Saw.

Dascu

Booser said:
Didnt IGN hint not so long ago that Konami was bringing an IP to Wii we wouldnt expect?
I am not expecting Zone of the Enders.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I AM NOT EXPECTING ZONE OF THE ENDERS.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Link said:
Silent Hill lightgun game incoming.
Well, the game also being on the PSP should be enough to discourage this theory.
If there was no PSP SKU, I'd agree with you.

Top Bottom