• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have seen Costa vs Matrix.

Still cracks me up that Materazzi's one Nike commercial appearance was him knocking the shit out of a young player and making him lose a tooth.

#WCLegend

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Were Juve ever truly in for him? I remember reports from time to time, but that is always the way when you have several daily sports papers.
we inquired, perhaps. There was no way he was gonna pick Juve as his 'prime' big team move, he coulda gone anywhere.

And no way we can match PSG's spending power and even if we did ADL would tell us to fuck right off :lol

I admittedly don't know much of his La Liga career.

But until the stamps, the reputation he had in England was not congruent with his behaviour. All I saw was an aggressive striker winding up defenders that were also giving it large themselves.

Now of course I have less recourse to defend him, since the stamps are not defendable. But before them there were people calling him cunt this, and cunt that, when all he was doing was having tussles with defenders, something you can see week in week out of any average PL team. But average PL teams don't get the screentime, they aren't important to the storyline. Costa is and will get framed nicely for it.

The media can skew things in any direction they want. The fact that Vertonghen's choke a night later than the stamps hardly got a peep proves that so clearly.

Honestly, the Vertonghen choke was nothing much. More hands around the neck and a push than a choke. Probably a red by the letter of the law though.

we inquired, perhaps. There was no way he was gonna pick Juve as his 'prime' big team move, he coulda gone anywhere.

And no way we can match PSG's spending power and even if we did ADL would tell us to fuck right off :lol

Need to get the old boys club back together. Italian clubs setting transfer records with each other before it became the Madrid show

pulga

Banned
Stereogatari = the biggest premface in history apparently. Costa has been one of the nastiest, literally and figuratively, players in the game for years now. This is not a new thing or something that is unique to his time at Chelsea.

Was about to say this. Did Stereogatari miss Costa at Atletico? No one's pulling the 'cunt' rep out of their assholes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mexes deliberately tried to murder a Lazio player in front of the ref and on live TV

Yet it was still a 3-4 match ban

Meier

Honestly, the Vertonghen choke was nothing much. More hands around the neck and a push than a choke. Probably a red by the letter of the law though.
Lest we forget....

ByEfXyNIgAEUYzV.jpg:large

L1NETT

Following discussions with the various relevant parties, the football club can now confirm that City's forthcoming F.A Cup Fifth Round tie with Sunderland or Fulham will take place on Sunday 15 February 2015.

Kick off for the tie at the Coral Windows Stadium will be 2:30pm.

The game will be played on the Sunday following advice from West Yorkshire Police. With near neighbours Leeds United set to host Millwall in the Championship on the Saturday (14 February 2015), West Yorkshire Police have asked the club not to play their fifth round tie on the same day (Saturday) or the Friday night.

meh sunday ain't the worst. Will be sat in kop watching Parky's army trollop Fulham no doubt

Yen

People who talk about consistency and reference the Aguero stamp undermine their argument. These retroactive punishments are not meant to "re-referee" a situation. They are meant to referee situations that weren't refereed. In Aguero's case, a free kick was given. Did they make the right decision to not red card him? No, but they did give a foul and therefore it was not open to retroactive punishment -- the situations are not comparable.

And the reason Costa had special attention paid to him by the media is because he is a repeat offender. Within both the game and in his career -- he consistently commits red card worthy offenses. It is the reason Deflategate is such a thing in the US right now. The Patriots history of cheating.
We aren't undermining our argument if we just say "Aguero is a dirty shithouse"
Sergio-Ag-ero-012.jpg

aguero-luiz.gif

I agree it was soft. But the fact it happened in the midst of the Costa fallout and gets ignored is what doesn't sit right.

Was about to say this. Did Stereogatari miss Costa at Atletico? No one's pulling the 'cunt' rep out of their assholes.

Yes I honestly did miss it. I only watched some of their games towards the end of the season.

People who talk about consistency and reference the Aguero stamp undermine their argument. These retroactive punishments are not meant to "re-referee" a situation. They are meant to referee situations that weren't refereed. In Aguero's case, a free kick was given. Did they make the right decision to not red card him? No, but they did give a foul and therefore it was not open to retroactive punishment -- the situations are not comparable.

And the reason Costa had special attention paid to him by the media is because he is a repeat offender. Within both the game and in his career -- he consistently commits red card worthy offenses. It is the reason Deflategate is such a thing in the US right now. The Patriots history of cheating.

The referee saw the Can incident. Without a doubt, and that's the one that was up for debate.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I dunno why you guys care so much about having cunt players

embrace it

_579b9144f568b66d4aac95b7dc0bf879.gif

Shanks stop before I fucking slit your throat

Cunt players are the best when they're actually talented, Costa for example. I love the guy tbh, wish he wasn't playing for Chelsea tho :lol

He's brilliant!

Materazzi is no hero, let's not forget his goal doesn't wipe away the penalty he conceded

and anyone can score a penalty. 50/50 etc

Malouda fucking dived for that penalty. What a cunt, oh wait he was a Chelsea player :p

Cunts do the business. Your mate Roy can attest to that

lol I didn't know Pires was training with Arsenal. There's something strangely nostalgic about it, even though the Arsenal team he was a part of used to give me nightmares.

lol I didn't know Pires was training with Arsenal. There's something strangely nostalgic about it, even though the Arsenal team he was a part of used to give me nightmares.

haha, i was looking at the picture on small and thought who is the Pires looking player we have on the books.

Then saw this post and enlarged it and saw it is

SUPER, SUPER ROB, SUPER, SUPER ROB, SUPER, SUPER ROB, SUPER ROBERT PIRES

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is the biggest cunt incident of the last few years IMO. Should have been a red card, not even a yellow IRRC.
BG4DuP5CEAEzKPZ.jpg

Not only was this on the FIRST leg of the tie but it wasn't even spotted by the ref so they shoulda banned him after the game

But of course they didnt

Forza Chelsea

Not only was this on the FIRST leg of the tie but it wasn't even spotted by the ref so they shoulda banned him after the game

But of course they didnt

So it was just a throwing.

I will always say this. Bayern were the better team in both matches, but in that first leg they also had huge favourable decisions that went their way that then forced Juve to over commit in the second leg.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So it was just a throwing.

I will always say this. Bayern were the better team in both matches, but in that first leg they also had huge favourable decisions that went their way that then forced Juve to over commit in the second leg.
Their 2nd goal was offside

as a result of a non-foul :lol

And Vidal and Lich got suspended

Pls Shanks I don't wanna talk about it

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Lennon is going to Hull on loan, hopefully the first of a few late exits. He's been here too long and stagnated, perhaps this move will revitalise him a bit. He doesn't have a pair of bollocks anymore.

I hope Paulinho and Capoue are next out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom