• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should parctice parrying on weak enemies until you can do it confidently.
I am serious. Parrying and Riposte give the most amount of damage possible by your weapon. It is crazy and even the biggest hunks go down easily.
Just check out this short video guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNlQ1W9Wrlg

Best thing, when parrying successfully, you will get no damage whatsoever. Doing it right is super OP.

I made it through DS2 and most of DS1 w/o parrying at all. I could never get the timing down and decide to just try not getting hit.

It's worked out pretty well so far.

So great to be a Steam user with 3 great games, which are getting critically raved reviews, being released this week.

Great way to start off March.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Borealis -- MB-82140350C1A929D2 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition -- MB-536FE668DF8524C6 - Taken by anastef. 22 entrants total.
Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-B4C766D8B209FE17 - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.

t1426000822z1.png

Vlad

So, in anticipation for HM2 reviews, I popped over to PCGamer's main page for the first time in several years, and dear god, what happened to the layout? Whatever happened to just having a chronological list of the most recent stories?

So, in anticipation for HM2 reviews, I popped over to PCGamer's main page for the first time in several years, and dear god, what happened to the layout? Whatever happened to just having a chronological list of the most recent stories?
It happened last year (or was it earlier this year?), turned into a shiny looking mess.

derExperte

gngnghgnggfhsdhadfhhdfxxxxxxx....

Meanwhile the patch download for GTAV failed two times after over an hour and has slowed to a crawl yet again.

You think that is bad? I went to Kotaku a few days ago. Never again.

Phawx

My LP of Parallax:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxfueb8HT-s

Quick Impressions: Parallax is a first person puzzler, in the same vein as Portal. There are portals, but they transport you to an inverse world that may or may not have the same platforming elements. The whole of Parallax is governed by extremely simple rules yet the puzzles can get extremely complex as you iterate through the chapters, requiring you to keep another world in your head as you manipulate the inverse world to bend the other.

The game is also executed perfectly. Each chapter introduces a new iteration of puzzle design that "shows you the ropes" and from there the puzzles get progressively harder. Game runs smooth like butter even when downsampling from 3200x1800.

Recommended.

BruteUA

I was debating bumping up the OT seeing as it's still sat in gaming and only a measly 5 pages long. Then again all 5 peeps on GAF probably playing Rogue are posting about it in here.

It'll be six of us when I get home. I almost vpn'd it last night but then I would have stayed up all night.

Hotline Miami gets praise for its soundtrack, but it doesn't have collectable shanties.

MUnited83

For you.
I'd join you guys, but Rogue is still too expensive for me :p. I like Assassin's Creed games (especially Black Flag because of the ships) but it's nothing i'd pay full price for.

Parsnip

You should parctice parrying on weak enemies until you can do it confidently.
I am serious. Parrying and Riposte give the most amount of damage possible by your weapon. It is crazy and even the biggest hunks go down easily.
Just check out this short video guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNlQ1W9Wrlg

Best thing, when parrying successfully, you will get no damage whatsoever. Doing it right is super OP.

I didn't do any parrying, tanking all the way. Get the most stable shield you can and block everything. :p

I know this has been covered to death, but is HM2 region locked on Nuuvem? I don't see anything on the page, but it's not letting me add to cart?

Grief's tweet about buying games this week made me feel bad.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the 2nd SteamGAF (late) GOTY Awards! Every year, gaffers choose games they thought were GOTY contenders on Steam, and the game with the highest point score is crowned SteamGAF's GOTY. Check out 2013's nail-biting results.

This is the great SteamGAF GOTY recount! The original results were scheduled to be revealed on January 17th, but have been delayed because MRORANGE was kidnapped is a very busy guy. I will try to keep with the spirit of MRORANGE's original GOTY call for votes, results, etc. In the event that MRORANGE shows back up and suddenly gives us the real results before the voting closes, then this recount will not be tallied. Voting will be open for 7 days, and results will be available shortly afterwards.

Rules and deadline:
- Up to 5 games can be chosen.
- 1st choice gets 5 points, 2nd choice gets 4 points and so on ... 5th game will get 1 point.
- You cannot vote for the same game more than once.
- You can write a short paragraph on why you the the 1st choice is a GOTY contender.
- Game must be on Steam and released in 2014.
- Episodic games that overlap multiple years can be counted as long as the first episode was released in 2014.
- Re-releases in 2014 are allowed in the Steam GOTY, for example FFXIII.
- APS used if it's a tie, like last time >_>
- Your vote will be discarded if you fail to follow the rules.

THE VOTING IS NOW CLOSED!
Results in:
t1426273200z4.png

Not really a rule, but a request
- If you submitted GOTY results to MRORANGE, please send me the same PM. Please do not change your choices before sending in your votes.

How to vote:
Copy this and send me a PM:

Code:
Game 5 (1 point) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 4 (2 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 3 (3 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 2 (4 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 1  (5 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE

Why I want this game as GOTY  (Optional) : WRITE COMMENTS HERE

Who has voted so far
Atraveller, Uzzy, NingenJanai, MMBosstones86, yuraya, milean87, Copons, Nete, JustLynx, Parsnip, Mr. Poolman, Kurt Russell, Amzin, Sch1sm, fantomena, ScreamingTrees, Kagemusha, Arthea, jshackles, Freedom = $1.05, Servizio, wetflame, Khronico, Knurek, Phinor, Lomax, Dsyndrome, AHA-Lambda, Tizoc, Turfster, Dio Brando, BruteUA, Xanathus, BinaryPork2737, TheLetdown, ANuclearError, Locust, Nabs, Zero-Crescent, Uraizen, titch, wok, dot, Lain, NightmareTrigger, The_Super_Inframan, KenOD, DillonMabry, PandaPedinte

(If your name is on this list, it means your vote has been tallied)

Ruruja

Wouldn't it just be easier to get MRORANGE to PM you the entries jshackles? He still comes online, he's just abandoned SteamGAF.

Also fuck it, I can't hold out - I'm buying Cities: Skylines.

Nete

Why the hell did I agree on playing an X-wing game this afternoon? Hotline 2 and Skylines unlocking in three hours and I won't be here :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wouldn't it just be easier to get MRORANGE to PM you the entries jshackles? He still comes online, he's just abandoned SteamGAF.

Also fuck it, I can't hold out - I'm buying Cities: Skylines.

I PM'd him but got no response :( My guess is that a lot of people has PM'd him about GOTY results, whether or not he's okay, whether or not he's coming back to SteamGAF, etc.

And judging by the state of my inbox at this moment, it seems that the result is probably the same. In all likelihood, someone's vote will get lost, but there will probably also be those that didn't get a chance to vote earlier and will get a chance now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom