• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septic360

Banned
Shocked that ANYONE thought that first trailer was indicative of actual gameplay.

I don't get this amnesia people had about the sheer jubilation about how Uncharted looked, how we got countless articles going into details such as the wings of the flies, the wrinkles on Nathan's face and whatnot.

Then you had ND's tweets talking about how it was in-engine etc. If it is then fair enough but there was a massive discrepancy from the E3 'trailer' and gameplay we were shown. I know, it was in alpha state, but it came after the E3 trailer.

To me, The Order looks way better (but even then, that's an example of how visuals mean jack shit if the gameplay isn't up to scratch).

I trust ND though. They have such an amazingly consistent track record that I would feel silly to doubt them.

I'm not gonna jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon here. If anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, its ND.

Alebrije

No problem , Bloodborned will keep me busy this yea. Anyway it would be great to have a new DLC to TLOU meanwhile.

Hope they use the extra time to maximize the game as they say.

Betty

Banned
GOTY is reserved for Witcher 3.
Uncharted trilogy remastered surely then should be coming this holiday.

Not a chance, Witcher 3 is going to be great, but it lacks name appeal with the consoleites and it's far too similar to the recent Dragon Age Inquistion.

But hey, you never know.

Why do people seem to be happy that this now means we can get an Uncharted HD collection?

I am SO fed up of remasters
we like playing better versions of some of our favorite games. Since there's no shot of the Uncharted games ever coming out on PC (where issues like framerate and resolution can typically be solved on the user's end) we have to hope that Sony decides to remaster their games so that we can get higher framerates and resolutions for some of their classics.

Also, what's the problem with an Uncharted remastered release? How is that affecting you in any way?

I can understand that people are upset about Uncharted delay but Sony still have a lot of exclusive this year :

Exclusive to the platform : 24 vs 7

PS4 (physical) : The Order 1886, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Tearaway unfolded, Disgaea 5, Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Mobil Suit Gundam, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II, Omega Quintet.

PS4 (PSN) : Rime, The Tomorrow Children, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Let it Die, Deep Down, Kill Strain, Alienation, Drawn to Death, Fat Princess : Piece of Cake, Enter the Gungeon, What Remains of Edith Finch, Wattam, Relativity, Ubusana, Onechanbara Z2.

Xbox One (physical) : Quantum Break, Halo 5, Forza Motorsport 6.

Xbox One (XBL) : Raiden V, State of Decay Year-One Survival Edition, Funk of Titans, Cup Head.

Constructor exclusive: 27 vs 4

PS4 (physical) : Dragon Quest Heroes, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, MLB The Show 15, Toukiden : Kiwami, God Eater 2 : Rage Burst, Godzilla, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, FF X/X-2 HD Remaster.

PS4 (PSN) : Gun's Up, Journey, BigFest, Alone With You, Helldivers, Super Stardust Ultra, FF VII, J-Stars Victory VS+, Ys, Salt and Sanctuary, Axiom Verge, To Leave, Pavilion, One Way Trip, Galak-Z, Kodoku, Amplitude HD, Super Time Force Ultra,

Xbox One (XBL) : Screamride, FRU, Spectra, Happy Wars.

Exclusive PS4/PC vs XBox One/PC: 38 vs 18

PS4 : PlanetSide 2, SOMA, Among the Sleep, Broken Age, The Witness, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Titan Souls, Starbound, Day of the Tentacle, Kingdom Under Fire II, Dungeon Defenders II, Killing Floor 2, Volume, Nuclear Throne, Hotline Miami 2 : Wrong Number, Shovel Knight, Bastion, Hatoful Boyfriend, Citizens of Earth, Moon Hunter, OlliOlli 2 : Welcome to Olliwood, Samurai Gunn, The Talos Principle, Distance, Zombie Vikings, Gang Beats, The Forest, Darkest Dungeon, Orcs Must Die Unchained, Holowpoint, Wander, Bombshell, Apotheon, Street Fighter 5, No Man's Sky, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Grim Fandango Remastered, Rocket League.

Xbox One : Ori and the Blind Forest, Cobalt, Lifeless Planet, Knight Squad, Plague Inc. Evolved, Massive Chalice, Silence, Wulver Blade, Dungeons and Dragons : Neverwinter, Space Engineers, SUPERHOT, #IDARB, Smite, Ghost of a Tale, Goat Simulator, Fable Legends, The Escapist, Tomb raider, Pneuma : Breath of Life.

So 90 PS4 "exclusive" games against 29 for the Xbox One, just saying.

You're doing an excellent job.

73V3N

Banned
So should MS get their shit together for only releasing games during the holidays too. Bloodborne comes out in two weeks should they delay it 8 months so they do have a big holiday release.

"but microsoft"

what, he is talking about sony.

also, your post makes no sense.

gCV4JCJ.jpg

lol

Griss

I love how when someone connects the dots and makes a prediction, people line up to tell them they're wrong. (This part is fair enough.) Then, when the predictor is right, the people who were wrong explain how even though the predictor was right, the predictor's logic was still wrong and the people who were wrong were, in fact, the logical, correct ones, and only bad luck undid them.

The fact that Naughty Dog suddenly needed all of these people, some of which in very important positions, was definitely evidence that they'd decided to put more time into the game. Not conclusive proof, but enough to mount an argument.

Shocked that ANYONE thought that first trailer was indicative of actual gameplay.

As am I.

reKon

Banned
Damn, this gen... Uncharted 4 had to release in 2015. As a PC owner I need big exclusives to justify getting the PS4. A second year without a big game on the fall is a total let down for me, the console has sold over 20m units already and Sony don't seem to be able to support the console as well as they should.

As a Vita owner is really hard to not get frustrated by Sony.

As a PC owner, are you lacking games or something? Isn't it better that Uncharted 4 will launch when the PS4 is potentially cheaper? Also, won't a lot of the older PS4 exclusives be much cheaper?

zychi

Banned
I'm convinced UC4 and Zelda will both be pushed to 2016.

They claimed the first video was in-game, then the trailer came out and looked nothing like it. They're a gaming company that needs to market, they all bullshit. Delaying it isn't this magical thing that won't happen because they said one thing. We've had developers release totally broken games in the past year and claim it worked a week before.

There's exactly the same article on the US PSblog, and the "marketing shill" also works at Naughty Dog. I personally value a press release which as most likely been reviewed by the team as a whole over a random tweet from one programmer no matter how skilled she is, but hey believe whatever suit your agenda.

Got ripped on in the last thread because I said the almight ND would delay it.

So I assume the game will be a no-show at E3 but rather will feature an extended demo at PSX? Or do you guys think it'll be playable at E3, then a different demo at PSX?

I'm assuming there'll be another PSX event this year.
Meh don't care. Not a fan of this series

You cared enough to click on the thread and post in it.

Don't you think that's weird?

Koozek

Making complex 3D games is just stupidly hard right now.

Yup. But well, AAA's at the point of no return and it's extremely unhealthy. They can't not make bigger, better and prettier games than before. Something has to change in AAA business. Bad job security (depressing read!) and workforce exploitation is common in the game industrie. Games will be released more broken and buggier and there will be even more Season Passes and DLCs to offset the rising budgets or huge day-one patches which some games can't even be played properly without.

I think slowly but surely mid-budget, AA games will make their return. Indies are getting more and more relevant every year. VR might help, too, as it's more about smaller-scaled experiences and less about cutting-edge production values.

Vire

Man, they didn't even attempt to soften the blow. Usually they wait till E3 or something to sweeten the deal by at least showing some amazing new trailer along with the bad news.

Instead we got a very clinical press release on a random Wednesday morning.

Guri

Seriously, guys, there's a lot of interesting indie games coming out. Just look at some of the PAX reveals. I'm sure at least some of you will find something interesting to keep you entertained at the end of the year. Also some AAA multiplatform titles too. No need to freak out.

Betty

Banned
This really speaks to how much clout Naughty Dog has.

This kind of a delay is almost treasonous.

True, but after last year any developer could just up and say

"Hey, you want another Driveclub, Master Chief Collection or Unity? Then we need more time."

Man, they didn't even attempt to soften the blow. Usually they wait till E3 or something to sweeten the deal by at least showing some amazing new trailer along with the bad news.

I like it better this way.

This really speaks to how much clout Naughty Dog has.

This kind of a delay is almost treasonous.

Ready at Dawn didn't have the pedigree that ND has and they had their game delayed, too.

If anything, this shows that Sony is confident that a good game will sell at any time of the year. Seems like something they learned when they saw the successful June launch of The Last of Us happen.

RDreamer

Going to echo everyone else in saying "GIMME UNCHARTED TRILOGY REMASTER!"

Fucking loved those games and I'd buy the shit out of a remastered trilogy. That'd keep me happy as hell until UC4 comes out.

I'm also not too angry about it, because MGSV and possibly Persona 5 will eat up my vacation time anyway.

What googles? Not only is the time of day different, Drake is also wet which creates a different lighting condition. You said it looks horrendous. I'm failing to see how this is the case.

horrendous compared to the e3 trailer. its the worst looking big budget graphics title on ps4. it doesnt even look better than shadowfall which was a launch title

viveks86

Didn't someone create a thread about ND still hiring and hence the game would be delayed? And we all laughed at him? Yeah...

:/

Lingitiz

No doubt the game has had a really tumultuous dev cycle with the original directors leaving. The way they talked in the recent GI features made it sound like a lot of the old work was scrapped or never made significant progress.

Maybe to let the anger cool down and then show more to get hype levels back to normal. Its a few months delay almost with a years notice. Better than waiting closer to release IMO.

There will be plenty of great games to play this coming holiday... More then a good majority of people have time for... I'd rather them delay this game instead of rushing it out for the holidays... It gives me a better game and more time for some other games.

It does suck for Sony as this was there big holiday system seller and now they have to go up against halo 5 and tomb raider with a bunch of smaller scale titles but I don't work for Sony so I don't really care.

If you bought your ps4 for exclusives it's probably just collecting dust anyways... What's a few more months?

ironcreed

Banned
Well, something big to look forward to next spring then. Hopefully Sony has something special for the holiday season to reveal at E3.

It doesn't matter if it'll work. MS will push it out the door regardless if the state it is in so they can generate sales for their console.

Your point is? I guess this is an M$ hit? Both companies push stuff out to hit dates. MCC worked in their minds and then didn't. Drive club was in a similar boat.

People need to take their console blinders off. Both companies push stuff out early to move consoles. Sony didn't delay this game because they are 4 the Gamerz.

Some of you are way too far into a hunk of plastic and silicon.

teiresias

WTF are Sonys studios freaking doing? So they're basically ceding another holiday season completely to Microsoft. This makes the MS/SE deal for Tomb Raider a genius move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom