• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Spoiler Thread (read OP)

I've pre-ordered the guide today on book depository and it says its coming out 27.March.
I'm in Europe btw.

I bought it primarily for this:

-> Exclusive interview with Bloodborne's creator, Hidetaka Miyazaki
-> The Art of Bloodborne — every page is a masterpiece of its own
-> The Bestiary
-> Hunter's Appendices- here you will find behind the scenes info on the world and its characters from the people who created it!

HORRORSHØW

I bought it primarily for this:

-> Exclusive interview with Bloodborne's creator, Hidetaka Miyazaki
-> The Art of Bloodborne — every page is a masterpiece of its own
-> The Bestiary
-> Hunter's Appendices- here you will find behind the scenes info on the world and its characters from the people who created it!
yup same here.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've managed to stay mostly spoiler-free, hurrah. I should be getting a review copy, but I doubt I'll be getting it much sooner than regular release

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Another round of info
Back to clarify some things
-I haven’t found the scythe yet.

-The trophies so far are bronze tiled with cool artwork of bosses and things

-Yes, there is a galahad style beard and moustache, and also there’s a cool wolverine hugh jackman style beard as well. Really cool stuff. Yes to twirly staches. No to eye patch. But you have the options to wear different glasses. I chose the tinted glasses

-No penalties for dying, except losing all your echoes. Now I have seen that my beasthood stat sometimes goes up, and sometimes goes down. Not sure how this stat works exactly

-In terms of weapons, the highest strength weapon is Kirkhammer and Ludwigs holy blade. I’m not too sure about dex though. And Yes I feel like we might get a gadget that might channel arcane stuff at enemies, but that’s just my speculation, considering enemies have this. But I don’t know if this exists as well. Take it with a grain of salt

BOSS SPOILERS
-It took 3 hrs to beat the Maiden because I was pretty rusty with my dodging, timing, and everything. By the time you get to the gank squad you are more experienced and knowledgeable. Even with all that experience, they still mutilated me. The time I beat them, I was totally in the zone, get parries left and right, dodging at the right time, and of course healing at the right time so I won’t die. The 3 bosses (gank squad) have the same clothing, but different equipment and arsenal. Their beast forms are pretty similar but also have slight differences. Trust me, what the last guy summons is not a minion per say. It is a gigantic trio of beasts that have the potential to one shot you even if you are on the other side of the arena. I think it’s a balance thing, because there is no way you are gonna win the fight with all 3 summoned beasts staying there for the rest of the fight. They rise from the ground, do some attacks, and go back through the portal they are summoned from. The coolest boss I’ve fought yet!

2AdEPT

Similar here. My Boyfriend broke up with me mid-way through our tandem playthrough of dark souls 2... ruined the whole week for me.
Geez, that sucks friends, take it from an old fart, time heals all wounds one way or the other.
It worked! Thanks a ton!

Yeah me also, was embarrassed that I could not go through the interactive trailer and get any code! Will see if the guide theme will be better than this one, but its always nice to have a couple choices.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Unconfirmed Covenant info

Insight appears to build from more than just boss fights. I seem to gain it each time I talk to a new npc or enter a new area as well.

there is a door somewhere in Byrgenwerth that reveals an NPC who asks you for help. If you agree to help him he gives you a small token. If you go into the spider forest with this token an invader will attack you. Killing the invader gives you another item which upon going back to the npc you can join a covenant. No idea what covenant it is yet as I have not got that far myself.

Scythe is fucking awesomeballs.

Giant Spider has a covenant. You can 'kidnap' / incapacitate other players during invasions to take them into a dungeon in your own world where you play the boss. Players must escape your dungeon and are unable to leave until defeating the area boss (you, or an AI boss if they return offline / disconnect to escape).

Holy Hunters, seems to be this games equivalent of the WotW.

Facism

It's like a constant trickle of delicious honey that gets sweeter as time goes on, ending in diabetes and eventual death.

I-hate-u

1098.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
almost passing out, so damn tired... thread keeping me awake.

Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it

iOONH1u.gif

Nivert

So do they actually tell you what each covenant does and how they work in Bloodborne? Because it seems pretty specific for something an NPC would tell you, considering the previous games.

I'd love for it to be true though.

0racle

On my next adventure to Yharnam I will be taking a selfie stick and a camera.

would monsters be considered a spoiler? or do you guys just want environments? I wont take boss shots.

fuck, I want to read that covenant spoiler...but dammit you guys make it sound so epic that I want to keep it as a surprise.

Why u do dis 2 me GAF

edit:
Just got back from a spring training game. Honestly only thing better than video games is baseball.

You sir are a freaking amazingly awesome person for leaving this info here.

Perhaps the stay off GAF while watching baseball is a good idea. It's like freaking Christmas right now.
you're not helping D: lol

Just got back from a spring training game. Honestly only thing better than video games is baseball.

You sir are a freaking amazingly awesome person for leaving this info here.

Perhaps the stay off GAF while watching baseball is a good idea. It's like freaking Christmas right now.

Draft

Covenant sounds cool. Better implementation of the concept behind that boss from Demon's Souls. Cool idea but it rarely worked because of the timing constraint.

Draft

Though I can picture anti-PVP players being especially irritated. Normal consequences of losing an invasion, then bummer, now you're
stuck in the invader's personal dungeon.

I tried not to read too much, but it's hard to do so when all the small things you read build up so much of your hype. Goddamn that Covenant thing seems awesome. I'm not sure I'll be able to stop playing when I'll be starting on midnight.

Top Bottom