• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Spoiler Thread (read OP)

Coconut

Banned
Thoughts on a creature that has appeared:
fucking aliens!? This is getting way more lovecraftian then I previously thought.

Thoughts on a creature that has appeared:
fucking aliens!? This is getting way more lovecraftian then I previously thought.

Don't think they're aliens, if you send survivors to Iosefka's clinic, and you go there, you will see that she turns them into those "alien" like things, im guessing from some form of experiment.

Coconut

Banned
Don't think they're aliens, if you send survivors to Iosefka's clinic, and you go there, you will see that she turns them into those "alien" like things, im guessing from some form of experiment.

The bosses name in that area leads me to believe contrary to your statement.

tesqui

So what's with the locked door (to the left of the chest) in the building near the ball and chain giant in the Cathedral Ward area? I've beaten the game and haven't gotten any key for that door.

Im stuck in the acid swamp in nightmare frontier. What should i do now??

Cry, because that place is scary. After that, explore it and find some hidden items, then in the large poison swamp area proceed to the back where there is a giant guarding the exit. Continuing along that path will lead you to another shortcut back to the beginning and the boss. Beware though, there is some seriously scary things lurking around.

So what's with the locked door (to the left of the chest) in the building near the ball and chain giant in the Cathedral Ward area? I've beaten the game and haven't gotten any key for that door.

If you haven't noticed that is the door that is right behind where you fought the Cleric Beast at the beginning of the game. I have no idea why they didn't add a way to open it since it seems like it would fit the world real nicely.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Finished NG last night. I've tried to pay attention to the story, I read all the item descriptions, listened to NPCs, but I'm still pretty clueless when it comes to the game's story, unfortunately. I feel like this game is as obtuse as Dark Souls 2. Does anyone have a good link to a story thread?

Gun Animal

Is it just me or are most of the bosses in this game optional? Of the five I've encountered only two of them seem to be mandatory, and then theres all the chalice bosses... I know Dark Souls had a few... but the ratio seems skewed differently here.

BeeDog

Is it just me or are most of the bosses in this game optional? Of the five I've encountered only two of them seem to be mandatory, and then theres all the chalice bosses... I know Dark Souls had a few... but the ratio seems skewed differently here.

Yeah, the game has much more optional content than any of the previous Souls games. I think I like that change, to be honest; you have to put some effort into opening the game up even more, always feels super-nice.

My favorite "optional content" part so far is
when I was dropping in the tower of the abandoned old church, and halfway through finding the door that leads to the old workshop which is the originator of the Hunter's Dream.
Really good stuff.

when I was dropping in the tower of the abandoned old church, and halfway through finding the door that leads to the old workshop which is the originator of the Hunter's Dream.
Really good stuff.

Same. Even though there are more and bigger full zones of optional stuff none of them felt like finding something really cool in the gameworld that you were not suppose to find like that area. I guess it could be because the other areas have triggers to them or something.

Gun Animal

Yeah, the game has much more optional content than any of the previous Souls games. I think I like that change, to be honest; you have to put some effort into opening the game up even more, always feels super-nice.

Really good stuff.

Is that from the elevator at the oeden chapel lantern? Im trying to figure out what to do after Vicar...

tesqui

If you haven't noticed that is the door that is right behind where you fought the Cleric Beast at the beginning of the game. I have no idea why they didn't add a way to open it since it seems like it would fit the world real nicely.

Wow I didn't realize that! COOL!

Also considering they took the time to say that it's locked, makes me believe there's a key or some way to open it. All the other doors that serve no purpose don't actually have an intereact prompt. I'm hoping there's still a way to acces it :/

Wow I didn't realize that! COOL!

Also considering they took the time to say that it's locked, makes me believe there's a key or some way to open it. All the other doors that serve no purpose don't actually have an intereact prompt. I'm hoping there's still a way to acces it :/

I'm honestly not 100% positive on that, but from just looking around that is what it appears to be. Gonna do a bit more checking later just to make sure I'm not telling lies or anything.

And yeah, it is odd, the message I mean.

Lace

nNY9fPR.gif

Thank the gods. Some really close calls in that fight.

https://youtu.be/cBzlddmqKic

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
That fight is messed up. Got it in my first try somehow, but it was super close.

MattyG

Banned
Just finished. WOW, that was great.

Is this thread being used for lore discussion like this thread was for Dark Souls II? If this is just a general spoiler thread, I'd love to make a OT where we could discuss and keep track of the lore, new findings as people play, and theories about it. What do you all think?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished. WOW, that was great.

Is this thread being used for lore discussion like this thread was for Dark Souls II? If this is just a general spoiler thread, I'd love to make a OT where we could discuss and keep track of the lore, new findings as people play, and theories about it. What do you all think?

That's what I thought this was, but I think most people need some more time to finish this and aren't madmen who are already at endgame in NG+ like me... Give it a few days, I think.

JVIDICAN

Lol so if you use the jumping exploit in central yarnham at the start of the game
and get into the back of iofeskas clinic, both the real iofeska and imposter can be found. The real iofeska is at the door and the imposter upstairs standing on top of the table that she is hunched over on after the blood moon. No dialogue obviously. But its cool seeing both, and acts as a definite confirmation of them being different people.

Top Bottom