• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition-"Jaws of Hakkon" story DLC announced, out tomorrow for XBO/PC

No suprise at the XBOX "exclusivity", but it's still as always laughable seeing it being announced as something positive.

its positive to one group: people choosing which platform to buy. And i bet it barely registers on their radar.

For people on the platform that gets the dlc first: "Cool, guess ill play this now"
For people on the other platform: "Damn, guess i have to wait to play this".

Hopefully after seeing how much better their games do on the PS4 EA will let this marketing deal expire with Microsoft. They are pissing off their largest user base with this kind of crap.

These deals were made before the consoles came out. I doubt they expected Microsoft to shoot themselves in the foot and lose all of the momentum their gained with the 360.

Will be playing Bloodborne anyway but hopefully the exclusivity period isnt too long.

The vagueness of it makes me think it will only be for 2 weeks like BF DLC

erawsd

Looks like it says trailer tomorrow.

Also, no PS4 DLC is bullshit. I thought we were over DLC exclusive shit this generation.

What gave you that impression? Sony has exclusive DLC locked down in Arkham Knight... At least PS4 owners will eventually get this.

Marcel

Hopefully after seeing how much better their games do on the PS4 EA will let this marketing deal expire with Microsoft. They are pissing off their largest user base with this kind of crap.

Sony is the one that gave EA the cold shoulder over the whole EA Access thing so you can probably blame them for not playing ball or not paying enough.

RPGCrazied

Price? And I'm not seeing a trailer anywhere. Doesn't matter since I have the PS4 version, that, and I'm no where near done beating the main game.

H3xum

We need some clarification on this release date. Is it the DLC or trailer

Also, stop this whining. Fruitless.

Edit: well that's that, beaten in true ninja shinobi fashion

Patryn

EDIT: Well, uh... damn.

Regardless, as a PS4 player the exclusivity doesn't bother me because Pillars is coming this week, and I'd be playing that instead of this anyways.

wow. I bought that damn game full price when it came out, and now they wont even sell me, that's right, sell me, an expansion pack at the same time as others...

Well. This really makes me just want to not get it at all.

for those interested in who Hakkon is.

Hakkon is an avvar god known as the Lord of Winter. The most recent avvar we have encountered in Dragon age were the barbarians in the fallow mire sidequest that saw the inquisitor fighting through them to free some inquisition soldiers taken prisoner

RPGCrazied

Hope its an adventure you can do halfway into the main campaign, and not something you need to beat the main game in order to do.

Patryn

Also, does it strike anyone else as odd that we have this DLC, Bloodborne and Pillars of Eternity all dropping in the same week in the middle of March?

Now, November I understand the whole clown-car thing, but March?

Phamit

The dlc first on Xbox was announced at E3 2014

Sony has also a lot funky deals with marketing and dlcs. Playstation user can be happy that Micorsoft thinks timed exclusive dlc is enough

Marcel

Double checked.

Trailer today. The actual DLC is coming tomorrow.

Yntuc3m.jpg

For you, the day Dragon Age DLC graced your console was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Drayco21

Avvar focused for sure then, exciting.

Looking forward to playing this in a couple months or whatever, because anti-consumer DLC exclusivity is keeping me from giving them my money immediately.

Dsyndrome

Sweet, looking forward to when it comes out on PS4! Would not get a chance to play tomorrow as that's Bloodborne day.

Surprised that they announce and release within a day though. How does that do anything for marketing or hype buildup?

Top Bottom