• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition-"Jaws of Hakkon" story DLC announced, out tomorrow for XBO/PC

studyguy

for those interested in who Hakkon is.

Hakkon is an avvar god known as the Lord of Winter. The most recent avvar we have encountered in Dragon age were the barbarians in the fallow mire sidequest that saw the inquisitor fighting through them to free some inquisition soldiers taken prisoner

Totally sounds like a mid-main storyline branch off then
Hmm...
I'd imagine Solas will probably be the last DLC or something to close out the story ala DAII

I really hope that since Solas is in the pic, it involves the cliffhanger at the end.
Nah dude, they're saving that for DA4.

And ooh I forgot the Avaar were those weirdo bog people. Maybe you'll follow them into Tevinter or something and get cool ice powers?

also just want to remind people that so far Dragon Age dlc usually is during campaign for the first one and the last one is usually the post storyline one.

Hope it's much more story focused than it is on spending time on collecting stuff.
There's an achievement list on the previous page. Sounds like you might be traveling around a new area destroying items and doing stuff to gain favor with friendly characters :p

Oh well, Bloodborne is dropping so I didn't need the DLC in the slightest any way, but it's a weird choice. Who either a)chooses what system to buy due to early dlc or b) owns the game on both platforms? seems like useless exclusivity to me.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Wonder how much? I'm guessing $14.99.

This is the safe bet. $14.99 was becoming the norm as Mass Effect 3's DLC roster was filling out. I'm seconding your estimate.

We knew this was coming, and we knew it was coming to Xbox One ahead of time, but I didn't anticipate such a fast-paced marketing schedule. Impressive.

I'm not Inquisition's biggest fan (I felt like aside from a few glorious best-in-the-series emotional beats the "critical path" got seriously watered down by loads of resources going into stuff I'm not as big on) but I'll keep close tabs on this anyway. I enjoyed much of my experience despite being so hard on it.

I would be pissed if wasn't going to be playing Bloodborne any way. I will keep this in mind future games though. I hope EA wasn't stupid enough to do this for Mass Effect.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
EA throwing shade on Sony for the whole EA Access thing. Corporations are not above petty bitchslapping, obviously.

For what it's worth, E3 2014's Inquisition trailer listed "premium content first on Xbox One" or some such. This was a known factor since last June.

pahamrick

So, 30+ day delay for PS4 version?
I borrowed my best friend's PS4 back in November to play DA:I. He hasn't asked for it back since he was sucked into WoW, now he's back into FFXIV.

I might bite if it's something of substance and I still have access to playing DA:I.

Salvadora

EA throwing shade on Sony for the whole EA Access thing. Corporations are not above petty bitchslapping, obviously.
This is pretty common among big third party titles.

Not to say I like it, but still.

Lets not pretend it's something personal.

Its been knowm MS was getting timed exclusive DLC since E3.

Now that I think about Sony dropped co promoting Battlefield Hardline pretty damn quick. At E3 it seemed like they where doing that again.

Wonder what happened there.

Does anyone know if I could still get the plat even if the dlc is out? I have to beat the game on nightmare and I have the plat, but Bloodborne is out this week.

Funny since the PS4 version outsold the Xbox One and PC.

The deal was made way before the game came out and PS4 has 2x the units out there worldwide. Of course it would sell better on PS4.

Now that I think about Sony dropped co promoting Battlefield Hardline pretty damn quick. At E3 it seemed like they where doing that again.

Maybe the delay allowed them to get out of it?

Marcel

The deal was made way before the game came out and PS4 has 2x the units out there worldwide. Of course it would sell better on PS4.

Microsoft loves bleeding cash for the Xbox division so buying Dragon Age DLC exclusivity was probably like buying a Coke at the vending machine. Ain't no thing.

RE_Player

Its been knowm MS was getting timed exclusive DLC since E3.

As someone who likes Hardline from a pure marketing and promotions standpoint Sony dodged a bullet dropping Hardline from co promotion. From the stats it's selling considerably worse on all platforms, especially PC.

TomShoe

Banned
Tomorrow? Ok that's no biggie, I'll be playing BB all day, EA can piss off with all these back-alley deals.

Oh no shit. My biggest complaint with Inquisition really. Felt padded to ludicrous levels.

Agreed. I can hardly stand the numerous fetch quests. I have to finish Dragon Age before I can go into the rest of my backlog, but my motivation is very low.

_woLf

As a PS4 player, fuck timed exclusive content for multi-platform games. I will have to try hard to avoid being spoiled. :(

Airgetlam

I had no idea about this timed exclusivity. I'm a little bummed but I'm sure a lot of people will be busy with Bloodborne this week anyway.

Fbh

So trailer tomorrow, right?

It's a shame it's comming first to X1/PC but as long as it hits Ps4 at some point I'm fine with it

Ea had timed exclusive DLC deals way before EA Access was even a thing.

Stuff like this is negotiated months in advance and under a contract. Ea can't just go to MS and tell them "well, the game sold more on Ps4 so the deal is now off....beacue reasons".

Don't count on that being explored in-depth until a sequel,
I can't see them adequately doing anything with The Dread Wolf except for set his role up in Dragon Age 4 within the time constraints of DLC.
Hmm that's a good point.
Corypheus
showed up in DA2 DLC right? So maybe we'll get more idea of what
Solas
is planning (maybe even get some cool Magic quests?) but not really anything of substance. Sort of as a tease.

Top Bottom