• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition-"Jaws of Hakkon" story DLC announced, out tomorrow for XBO/PC

daninthemix

A curious side effect of growing game sizes is that some of us can't let 30GBs just sit there for months after finishing a game, nor do we want to redownload it for some DLC.

Tomorrow? Bad timing with Bloodborne, BioWare. But I will be buying it anyway. Can't say when I will get around to it, though.

I have no doubt this is exactly the reason they're releasing it tomorrow. Not so much for people like you that have both systems, but rather to get some of the mindshare of news this week away from a Sony exclusive.

ironcreed

Banned
I have no doubt this is exactly the reason they're releasing it tomorrow. Not so much for people like you that have both systems, but rather to get some of the mindshare of news this week away from a Sony exclusive.

It's just odd that there was no build up. Are we sure that this is not just for the trailer?

VanWinkle

A curious side effect of growing game sizes is that some of us can't let 30GBs just sit there for months after finishing a game, nor do we want to redownload it for some DLC.

That's why I still go physical. Things are seeming to go increasingly digital, but to me, increasing download sizes means that now's a better time than ever to choose the physical copy.

Will wait for 1080p version, but I appreciate the speedy announcement.

PC version is releasing tomorrow, too. So you don't have to wait.

haimon

Why are you assuming he cares about Destiny? I don't know about him, but I'm not going to get passionate or upset about something I don't care about.
I used destiny since it's the most egregious example of delayed exclusive dlc. Batman is another example, and I am sure there are plenty others.
It's the principle. How many that are slamming timed exclusive dlc are doing it simply because it's not on the platform they game on, but if it's the other way around simply don't care?

Elandyll

Banned
LOL, funny how this kind of thing works both ways.

On a personal note, I'm not happy about -any- kind of third party exlcusivity, on whichever platform (unless the product would not exist at all otherwise).

So yes, -personally- I think the Destiny DLC delayed for a year is BS, like I think Tomb Raider is BS, this DAI DLC is BS, and content being walled off like in Batman Arkham Knight is BS.

Basically:
- content is exclusive to X because they helped bring something new to players that otherwise would not exist: Yes
- content is exclusive because X brought their checkbook and it actually removes something from players not playing on X: No

edit: obviously, talking about AAA prods. Indies have a different set of problems alltogether.

cormack12

Gold Member
I guess they are just going to lump a new location on the world map (similar to Cradle of Sulevin) and you can pick it up from there. Doesn't sound too long, sounds another temple based mission (like Dirthamen), maybe 4 hours?

haimon

On a personal note, I'm not happy about -any- kind of third party exlcusivity, on whichever platform (unless the product would not exist at all otherwise).

So yes, -personally- I think the Destiny DLC delayed for a year is BS, like I think Tomb Raider is BS, this DAI DLC is BS, and content being walled off like in Batman Arkham Knight is BS.

Basically:
- content is exclusive to X because they helped bring something new to players that otherwise would not exist: Yes
- content is exclusive because X brought their checkbook and it actually removes something from players not playing on X: No
We are in agreement, I have been seeing a lot of instances where it was slammed on one platform, but when it was on the user's preferred platform, it was happily accepted.

It's just odd that there was no build up. Are we sure that this is not just for the trailer?

IGN has updated the listing on their site as releasing tomorrow [LINK]. Also, the only other things dropping are The Handsome Collection and a new Life Is Strange episode. It's a pretty barren week, it seems. Well, was. If I were an Xbox One owner I'd be hyped for tomorrow now.

gossi

Worth noting that Forza Horizon 2 DLC "Storm Island" (which significantly expanded the game) launched with 1 day's notice on Xbox One. Nobody even knew it existed, then it existed the following day.

VanWinkle

I used destiny since it's the most egregious example of delayed exclusive dlc. Batman is another example, and I am sure there are plenty others.
It's the principle. How many that are slamming timed exclusive dlc are doing it simply because it's not on the platform they game on, but if it's the other way around simply don't care?

Oh, it's fun to use double standards to call people out, but the fact is people care more about the platform they're able to game on. They don't get angry about another platform that they can't play not getting something that they do. I noticed that you didn't also say, "I assume that none of you that are happy about getting this on XB1 tomorrow complained about Destiny getting exclusive DLC on PS4 that you couldn't play." Same thing. Double standards. It's easier to just not worry about things like this.

Nice try, I am on consoles. Enjoy for everyone playing tomorrow.

Then why didn't you say you're waiting for the PS4 version? One less key to type, so it couldn't be that "the 1080p version" was faster.

Sayers

I'd definitely trade Destiny DLC priority for Dragon Age DLC priority but Destiny doesn't allow trading.

Nice

Destiny says hi. A few weeks compared to a year minimum is nothing.

I'm sure Xbox players are really upset they're missing out on that mission where you run up to an old computer, hold square to release the Dinklebot, listen to him drone on about nonsense for 30 seconds followed by 3 waves of the same enemies you fought for the last 10 hours.

Ashtar

It's pretty funny to me all the people that are complaining about this but didn't bat an eye when the shoe was on the other foot and objectively worst (destiny which was already low on content) I'll admit that it sucks for those that have PS4 though but by now it should be known just chalk it up to the game.

Personal I think the next dlc will be the one to get excited about they'll actually be able to work in the feed back from DAI into it.

Cool but I'll wait. I'm definitely in no rush for dlc when I've barely scratched the surface of the side quest and the main game. I haven't even killed my first Dragon ;______;

Lakitu

st5fu
It's funny that there's this marketing deal for DA: I from Microsoft and yet I pretty much didn't see any marketing from MS at all.

EGM1966

Story DLC? Why in the world would you pay for timed release advantage (I can't bring myself to twist the notion this is even exclusive) for SP content for a title like this?

There can't be any real benefit involved surely? Seems like literally paying for nothing to me.

I mean I can see the goal for MP DLC such as for CoD but SP DLC for a 100 plus already RPG? That's just daft.

d9b

Banned
Finished game long time ago, still mildly interested in DLC. Do we know when it's coming to PS4... I hope soon, before I lost interest completly .

mcfrank

Super annoying that I have Destiny for XBO and DA:I for PS4, so I am getting screwed on both of my two favorite games this generation. Sigh.

Super annoying that I have Destiny for XBO and DA:I for PS4, so I am getting screwed on both of my two favorite games this generation. Sigh.

Well, I assume you chose to get them on those platforms for a reasons (friends etc) but both of the marketing deals and the content exclusivity were known well before release for those two titles, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

mcfrank

Well, I assume you chose to get them on those platforms for a reasons (friends etc) but both of the marketing deals and the content exclusivity were known well before release for those two titles, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Destiny stuff was not a shock, but still annoying. I don't recall seeing anything about XBO timed exclusive DLC for DA when I was at E3 or in the lead up to launch (not saying it wasn't out there, just that I missed it).

Felspawn

i'm actually kind of surprised i'm not as interested in DA:I DLC as i figured i would be. i'm not even worked up in anger about the PS4 version getting delayed. i just feel apethetic to it all. its not like i didnt enjoy the game. i did but i find myself a lot more interested in Pillars or hell even the most recent Skyrim playthought i'm working on then i am on DA:I's DLC

anyone else finding themselves in a similiar boat?

Lucreto

i'm actually kind of surprised i'm not as interested in DA:I DLC as i figured i would be. i'm not even worked up in anger about the PS4 version getting delayed. i just feel apethetic to it all. its not like i didnt enjoy the game. i did but i find myself a lot more interested in Pillars or hell even the most recent Skyrim playthought i'm working on then i am on DA:I's DLC

anyone else finding themselves in a similiar boat?

I knew the Xbox would be getting the DLC first so I expected that so no anger there. I also planned my canon playthrough when the DLC would be announced. I was not expecting it tomorrow. By the time the DLC gets to the PS4 Is will be ready.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I think I'm fine with the base game, to be honest. Dragon Age DLC tends to be... spotty. I'll wait to see how people are reacting before buying it.

Nice try, I am on consoles. Enjoy for everyone playing tomorrow.

No "nice try". You said that you'll wait for the "1080p version". It was a clear jab at the Xbox One, but you completely disregarded the PC version, with is also 1080p (or however high you want it to go). If it was a PC guy who had said that, everyone would be grabbing the pitchforks against the "PC elitist"...

Demon Ice

Banned
XB1 and PC timed exclusivity is a blessing in disguise, gives us plenty of time to enjoy Bloodborne before hopping back into DA:I for this :) I'm impressed they managed to keep it under wraps if it's this close to release, the pic in the OP makes it look like the trailer is coming out tomorrow, not the whole DLC.

Worth noting that Forza Horizon 2 DLC "Storm Island" (which significantly expanded the game) launched with 1 day's notice on Xbox One. Nobody even knew it existed, then it existed the following day.

Nah, pretty sure that was teased for a couple of weeks before it launched. I remember watching some preview footage with the developers.

Top Bottom