• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Floor Plan Revealed

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The E3 floor plan has been revealed in case anyone wanted to see where everything will be. Unfortunately the little booth are unreadable in these images (the images needed to be about 2200+ pixels across for those to be readable o_O) so I've included links back to the original pdfs for anyone who wants to read those. The meeting room area was also totally unreadable so unfortunately the pdf is the only option for that.

s4305l.gif

30wl11y.gif

PDFs:

Top Image: http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/e3expo/pdf/e3expo09-west-directory5-15-09.pdf

Bottom Image: http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/e3expo/pdf/e3expo09-south-directory5-15-09.pdf

Meeting Room Area: http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/e3expo/pdf/e3expo09-2ndlevel-directory5-15-09.pdf

AniHawk

Ugh. Flashbacks of E304.

Nintendo's booth was right across the way from Sony's and the people in charge of Nintendo's gathered all the fanboys together to yell things so the Sony booth would hear. One of the most embarrassing things about that trip.

Forsete

Who has the biggest space?

Bigger space = better show!

Wii motes are going to fly into the Sony booth.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Wow. I haven't visited Gaming Side of GAF for awhile. Seeing this thread reminded me how I used to study the floor plans for E3 back in the Gamecube days.... Analyzing and dissecting and hoping that Nintendo would come out on top... in floor planning...

Got damn what a waste of my life.

abstract alien said:
High Voltage has a bigger booth than I thought they would...

They're apparently going to be announcing two Wii games at E3, so it makes sense for them to have a decent sized booth.

exarkun

wtf does Sony Online need with such a huge space. It's almost as if they have their own console to push. Waste of space, just make a big Sony one. Meh.

Edit: And what does Gamespot have to do at E3?

Busty

Banned
SOE seem to have quite a stall considering they are supposed to be part of SCE.

I wonder what they might be showing apart from the usual and Free Realms and DC Online.

exarkun said:
wtf does Sony Online need with such a huge space. It's almost as if they have their own console to push. Waste of space, just make a big Sony one. Meh.

well, they're making 2 games for the ps3. who knows if they're not porting another mmo to the ps3.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Busty said:

I wonder what they might be showing apart from the usual and Free Realms and DC Online.
Supposed the beta for The Agency is supposed to start around E3 so that's probably going to have a really huge presence at their booth as well.

exarkun said:

GameSpot runs a floor show every year with a ton of games being shown. It's actually quite well done.

Loudninja

exarkun said:

Sony booth is already big.

pseudocaesar said:
Ergh, why couldnt they split Nintendo and Sony by a neutral third party, like say... ACTIVISION RIGHT FUCKING THERE. Terrible.

Why should they have to be split by a third party? They're console manufacturers and software developers, not warring tribes.

Midas

So, do we have an offical E3 press conferences thread or something? Need to know where I can see them live, for free or for the best price! :D

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Cosmonaut X said:
Why should they have to be split by a third party? They're console manufacturers and software developers, not warring tribes.
You must have missed the great Patapon vs. Pikmin war of E3 2008. There were corpses everywhere.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Tenkai Star said:
Hm I dont find Runic Games anywhere. I think I read they would be there.
They'd probably be in the Perfect World booth since Perfect World is publishing their new game.

guidop

pseudocaesar said:
Ergh, why couldnt they split Nintendo and Sony by a neutral third party, like say... ACTIVISION RIGHT FUCKING THERE. Terrible.

Look where the entrance is, no way they both didn't want to be centre isle

Busty said:

The Agency should see a comeback at E3. A recent report said that a beta would start soon. And the same report said that a MAG beta would be happening soon also, and that was confirmed by Zipper to be true.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
neorej said:
Why does MTV have such a big booth?
Probably Rock Band: The Beatles, Rock Band: Lego, and perhaps a few other Rock Band things like the PSP game.

That and they likely just want to flaunt how much money they have...

AniHawk said:
Ugh. Flashbacks of E304.

Nintendo's booth was right across the way from Sony's and the people in charge of Nintendo's gathered all the fanboys together to yell things so the Sony booth would hear. One of the most embarrassing things about that trip.

Maybe this year nintendo will run the line-ups for their games through the sony booth to make the sony booth look populated.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Cosmonaut X said:

:lol Seriously. This is a grown up industry..

AniHawk said:
Ugh. Flashbacks of E304.

.. Oh.

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
Ugh. Flashbacks of E304.

wow.

Busty

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
The Agency should see a comeback at E3. A recent report said that a beta would start soon. And the same report said that a MAG beta would be happening soon also, and that was confirmed by Zipper to be true.

That's true. I can imagine SOE really touting Free Realms on the PC at this years E3.

The sign up rates have been good and it seems like the sort of thing SCE wouldn't be that interested in.

AniHawk said:
Ugh. Flashbacks of E304.

man, and no one got that on video? now that's some good footage to keep

EA, Sega and Microsoft all right next to each other so Peter Moore doesn't have to walk very far to see his old pals.

I wish I was Peter Moore...

Busty said:

They have the Agency to show off don't they?

Linkified said:
Microsoft booth seems quite small unless its double leveled or something.
That show floor it sits in is much larger of the floor of Sony and the rest sits in. So you have to look according by its scale.

Busty

Banned
Revelations said:
They have the Agency to show off don't they?

Yup, going to beta soon apparently. I imagine they'll be touting Free Realms getting 1 million + users as well.

Linkified said:
Oh k didn't see a scale on the floorplans though.

It's easy to make out. Look at how much bigger everything is in the top floorplan Hall compared to the much more spatious bottom hall. The bathrooms, the CAFE, the stairs, the rivate rooms etc...are all bigger in the top image. The bottom hall has a more perceived zoomed out scale.

DieH@rd said:
booth babes are back! who cares about flood plans...
Flood plans might be important unless you want your booth babes getting wet...

...wait, what was I trying to say? I think I blacked out for a second.

xbhaskarx

Hitman said:
Wow. I haven't visited Gaming Side of GAF for awhile. Seeing this thread reminded me how I used to study the floor plans for E3 back in the Gamecube days.... Analyzing and dissecting and hoping that Nintendo would come out on top... in floor planning...

Got damn what a waste of my life.

:lol

El-Suave

Mangod's shrine so close to the entrance? Do they really want to risk people just getting their autograph/blessing and then leave not looking at the other stuff? ;-)

Top Bottom