• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon devs are posting regular updates on Twitter: Weapons, controls, story, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FVxnaNbl.jpg

https://twitter.com/y_tamama/status/583623154905395202

ヨドバシ、スプラトゥーンの販促に力入れてるな
Google translation
Yodobashi, I have put force on the promotional Splatoon

Atleast Nintendo is pushing the game.

May 29th is so far away.

Nice to see at least a bit of effort in the marketing. Lets hope it has a bit of success.

The green squid amiibo is NOT sold separately in Europe. In Europe you can ONLY buy it with the Special Edition of the game. Lucky my ass.

Yup. Only boy and girl inkling are sold seperate. Getting a squid Amiibo in Europe will probably be a pain not long after release.

Vylash

I can see them doing it 6 month to a year after the fact.

But upon release? No way.

if they do it at all, it'll tell people that they don't need to go out and buy amiibos since they can just buy the content later, i don't see them doing it at all

Dr. Buni

Well. They are making those Amiibo cards. That will probably the alternative for the content
We don't know if they will make amiibo cards with the same funcionalities as the toys yet or if they will only make amiibo cards like the Animal Crossing ones.

Knowing Nintendo it is most likely the later.

Mesoian

if they do it at all, it'll tell people that they don't need to go out and buy amiibos since they can just buy the content later, i don't see them doing it at all

I mean, 6 months from May, I doubt people will be buying a whole lot of inkling amiibos anyway, lest they become the new super rares.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I still have no clue whether I'll like this game or not. I'm stoked to play something new and original, though!

Haven't really kept up with the game in a while. Outside turf war and Ranked Battle/Splatzone, are there other multiplayer game types announced?

Cool_M

I mean, 6 months from May, I doubt people will be buying a whole lot of inkling amiibos anyway, lest they become the new super rares.

Well if that's was the case the Hyrule Warriors amiibo content should have been release with the last direct. I don't see Nintendo releasing amiibo content for purchase anytime this gen.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
In what I saw until now (like the interview with Eric from Treehous) Splatzone was mentioned as one of the ranked battle modes, so there might be more in that category.

Blunoise

Do we actually know everyone starts at C-? They could use placement matches.
No like I just said. You have to get to level c- to enter rank battles, you can't just join rank battles. Which is why rank battles are not open during luanch becaus a certain amount of ppl must reach that level for it to be open.

No like I just said. You have to get to level c- to enter rank battles, you can't just join rank battles. Which is why rank battles are not open during luanch becaus a certain amount of ppl must reach that level for it to be open.

like DaBoss said, this is completely irrelevant to the actual ranking system, also you enter rank battles by hitting level 10 not by getting to C- (lol)

Blunoise

like DaBoss said, this is completely irrelevant to the actual ranking system, also you enter rank battles by hitting level 10 not by getting to C- (lol)

Right but I'm pretty sure everyone starts at c- when you play rank battles. Which you first have to get to lvl 10 before

Jintor

ガチマッチには「ウデマエ」という指標があるらしい。
「C-」から「A+」まで9段階あり、バトルの勝敗によって上下する。
つまり、ウデマエが高いヤツほど「強い」ということだ。
ちなみに、対戦はウデマエが近いもの同士で行われるそうだ。

CB5oubnUoAA4yqa.jpg:large

Evidence suggests "Skill" indicators will appear after a match.

There's 9 grades from C- to A+ since the results of battles will vary.

Simply put, if you're the best of the eight players, you'll be "strong".

By the way, it looks like like your skills are practiced with close friends. (?)

Evidence suggests "Skill" indicators will appear after a match.

There's 9 grades from C- to A+ since the results of battles will vary.

Simply put, if you're the best of the eight players, you'll be "strong".

By the way, it looks like like your skills are practiced with close friends. (?)

The last sentence means that the game will (at least try to) match you with people of similar strength/rank to you. I think they mentioned this in Famitsu about a month ago.

Jintor

なお、ガチマッチにはランク10になって初めて参加資格が与えられるそうだ。
「ランク」はレギュラー・ガチを問わずバトルで稼ぐポイントで上がる、言わば「経験」を表す指標だ。
まずはレギュラーバトルで経験を積んで、テクニックを磨くことだ。
CB5o9T6VEAEi2Ig.jpg:large

Furthermore, at the end of a match, seems like "becoming rank 10"(?) and first-time participation qualifications are awarded.

"Rank" is earned as your points rise in battle, regardless of the outcome. You might call it an sign of experience.

As your experience in battle grows, you'll start polishing your skills, too.

The last sentence means that the game will (at least try to) match you with people of similar strength/rank to you. I think they mentioned this in Famitsu about a month ago.

Thanks streets. Could you break down the grammar for me? =W=

thefro

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/585229549102882816

oT6RFAnl.jpg
Splatoon(スプラトゥーン) ‏@SplatoonJP 4h4 hours ago
今日から新しい学校に通う人も多いだろう。
イカの世界にも学校があるのか、制服姿のイカが発見された。
イカの女子高生もカワイイものが好きなのか、ブキが盛大にデコられている。
しかし、制服のままバトルをして先生に怒られないのだろうか?

Stylin'

Jintor

今日から新しい学校に通う人も多いだろう。
イカの世界にも学校があるのか、制服姿のイカが発見された。
イカの女子高生もカワイイものが好きなのか、ブキが盛大にデコられている。
しかし、制服のままバトルをして先生に怒られないのだろうか?

oT6RFAnl.jpg

Stylin'

There's probably a lot of kids going back to school today. [[Translator's note: It's the start of a new Academic year, which I know because I'm sitting in a school staffroom translating tweets]]

They've also got school in the Squid World and we've discovered their school uniform's style! Do Inkling High School Girls also like cute things? Like magnificently-decorated weapons? (?)

That said... wouldn't teachers kinda get mad if your uniform's in the occasional fight?

A handful of questions on the game here guys:

Do we know what the green squid Amiibo does? Is it confirmed to have the same functionality as the other two and is there any need to have more than one amiibo?

And do we know if the game supports two players locally online? As in one on the gamepad and one on the TV? Can you do local play with more than two people?

I watched the treehouse after the direct in hope of getting firm answers on these questions, but no luck.

Blunoise

Do we know what the green squid Amiibo does? Is it confirmed to have the same functionality as the other two and is there any need to have more than one amiibo?

And do we know if the game supports two players locally online? As in one on the gamepad and one on the TV? Can you do local play with more than two people?

I watched the treehouse after the direct in hope of getting firm answers on these questions, but no luck.

That's because they haven't discuss it yet.....that is if even any of that stuff exists, regarding multiplayer

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I assume the squid amiibo unlocks the mission to get this:

squidamiibog1uc2.jpg

(as squid girl => schoolgirl outfit, squid boy => samurai outfit and this was the third costume shown in the Direct).

No info yet on 2 players playing online on the same Wii U and it's safe to assume that the 1 vs. 1 mode (1 on the gamepad and 1 on tv) is the only local MP mode in the game.

DizzyCrow

It also give you exclusive missions and a and exclusive gear but they're not the same as Squid Boy or Girl

No to both unless there are more modes.

Thanks for the replies! :)

How do I quote multiple people? :p

I'll probably get the girl inkling Amiibo, and then decide whether I feel the others are worth it. I hope you can go online with two people, but it's not looking too good after the Treehouse video since they only did it using the gamepad even if they had a Pro controller with them.

I belive the reason for the purple ink on the cover is due to printing conversion, either it's had a bad transer from RGB to CMYK, or it's to reduce gradients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom