• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Official Teaser Trailer #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Hoth to me.

wonder who that is in the middle of the stage there.

i think people forget the Empire had a MASSIVE army built up. Losing leadership doesn't automatically mean the war is over.

30 years later, im sure a ton of political maneuvering has occurred. Doubt every single star system automatically jumped onboard with the Rebellion also. Sure some people want to hold onto the power they had before.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
UCuAiB3.jpg
Fun fact: this too isn't CG. JJ Abrams leveraged Disney (and Apple's) enormous war chests to build a 1:1 scale Star Destroyer.

He threatened to walk in the middle of production if they denied him.

i think people forget the Empire had a MASSIVE army built up. Losing leadership doesn't automatically mean the war is over.

30 years later, im sure a ton of political maneuvering has occurred. Doubt every single star system automatically jumped onboard with the Rebellion also. Sure some people want to hold onto the power they had before.

This is the first time I noticed the figures on the structure. Wow.

shitttttttt

didn't see the trailer til just now and fsdhklsfafdshfds D: , amazing B^)
Solo the god

just wish we could have seen Dash Rendar on the big screen, shadows of the empire is best story from star wars

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I mean young as in old trilogy era. A young actor playing Carrie Fisher in a flashback. A reason to find that lightsaber, who knows.

Yeah, I know, but the saber is accounted for when Leia's that young. There are rumors of a flashback to pre-OT days, but I doubt that's it.

You have that power too is also in RotJ.

Yeah, I forgot because it's out of order and I skip that scene every time I watch RotJ, because it's the worst scene in all six films. To Hamill's credit, this is a much better read of those lines.

jelly

Oh yeah, guess there will be some faces to the cause. Wonder who the big cheese is in the middle.

It very well could be, but don't forget that there are other ice planets in the galaxy just as there are other lava and dessert planets besides Mustafar and Tatooine (the one in the trailer is Jakku, not Tatooine).
Wasn't the whole point of Hoth to be some remote planet far away from everything that the Empire would never consider looking, at least not right away? After they were found out and left what point would either side have for setting up another base there?

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, the Falcon and the Tie Fighter are flying through a derelict upside-down Super Star Destroyer

I can't handle this.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Finn has a lightsaber in those images above then?

Wasn't the whole point of Hoth to be some remote planet far away from everything that the Empire would never consider looking, at least not right away? After they were found out and left what point would either side have for setting up another base there?

That's correct, so I agree, but we don't know how much is being added to this movie as fan wankery, and fans really like Hoth.

Kylo Ren's saber hilt certainly does take some design cues from Vader's saber (which itself took design cues from Anakin's first two sabers)

And Finn definitely has the Skywalker Family Lightsaber

Prine

Banned
So can someone explain why the Rebels are still fighting the Empire, I believe they were severely beaten on RoTJ, even with the leadership removed the Rebels got the better of their armies. But it seems the battle continues?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Oh yes! Please let this be true!

It would be a pretty slick way to thread all three trilogies together without actually using anything from the prequels. She's a great character and that lightsaber did originally belong to her master, so it having some kind of importance to her that would drive her to recover it isn't entirely out of character.

Emperor dead.
Emperor's right hand dead.
Empire's base of operations destroyed.

30 years later, these rebels still can't close shit. Worst rebellion ever.

If I was responsible for explaining this, I would suggest that there was an uneasy peace treaty brokered after a few more years of fighting post-ROTJ, dividing the galaxy into two states and some non-affiliated rim worlds. The new republic would be numerically superior but politically weaker because of its democratic structure. After a few decades of peace the hostilities have broken out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom