• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Idea Factory International Press Event on 4/16 @San Francisco

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
What possible purpose would this embargo serve?

The only possible thing I can possibly think of is that they forgot to bring their online marketing stuff in order to make the announcement. Or they have to clear it through their PR first. Something like that.

Ibuki

Banned
Honestly I agree about the embargo being stupid. It makes me far more interested in what will be announced if it's that important.

Tapejara

Perhaps IFI wants to have press assets ready to go when they announce everything tomorrow? If they prep the press on what's coming tonight, it'll be easier to rollout information tomorrow morning if/when press packages are ready.

Shizuka

I wonder how far is the reach of NeoGAF. If anyone from IFI is reading this, just lift the embargo already. This is not a nice way to tease your fanbase.

But, in any case, I'll wait another hour after the announcements take place, hopefully something happens.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
In fairness to media outlets, it lets them write their stories and all put them up at the same time. Like any non-review embargo.

It's not like they really need the time. I mean, Gematsu etc does announcements on the spot, adding more as they get announced. Snappy quick is key, then the details can roll out .

I tweeted at them but I doubt it matters. I don't think this is the right way to do announcements these days. Live tweets and involving the fanbase seems much more effective.

That Blanc drink actually sounds reeeeeealy good. The others I'm sort of terrified of just by looking at the ingredients which doesn't bode well for how they actually taste when thrown together. A+ to whoever named the things. Can't compete on name with NISA's "Prinny Bomb" drink from a few months ago but that sort of writes itself and an unfair advantage.

Shizuka

I guess IFI still wants to be like NISA, but this is another opportunity that shows they still haven't reached that point just yet.

Ventara

There's an embargo? What is this crap? Why do this to your fans who are staying up late to catch the announcements? This isn't some AAA release.

I'm drubk

image.php

Ventara

Eh, I'm not really a fan of otome. Maybe it's just me, but there seem to be way more otome games getting localized than galge games.

Edit: Derp, siliconera article is old.

Top Bottom