• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind available standalone on May 12th

bombshell

The team at Naughty Dog is excited that Left Behind, the critically-acclaimed and award-winning single-player chapter to The Last of Us, will be available as a standalone download via PlayStation Store. The Last of Us: Left Behind standalone will be available on both PS4 and PS3 starting May 12th for only $9.99/€9.99/£7.99. We will be dropping the price of the Left Behind Add-on on PS3 to the same price on that day as well.

16703681653_f387c30341_z.jpg

We’ve also included a two hour trial of the Factions Multiplayer mode. The Left Behind standalone game will have built-in upgrade paths through the in-game store to both the full Factions experience and/or the full game for The Last of Us.

Upgrade prices:

PS4

Full Factions Multiplayer $9.99/€9.99/£7.99
Full digital single-player game with Treacherous Territories Map Pack (if you already own the full Factions Multiplayer) $29.99/€24.99/£19.99
Full digital single-player game, Factions Multiplayer Mode, and the Treacherous Territories Map Pack bundle $39.99/€34.99/£28.99

PS3

Full Factions Multiplayer $9.99/€9.99/£7.99
Full digital single-player game with Treacherous Territories Map Pack (if you already own the full Factions Multiplayer) $19.99/€14.99/£11.99
Full digital single-player game, Factions Multiplayer Mode, and the Treacherous Territories Map Pack bundle $29.99/$24.99/£19.99

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...nd-available-as-standalone-download-may-12th/

stryke

Since Sony has flooded the market with TLOU codes it's pretty easy to find the full game for a few dollars extra compared to this.

eFKac

more choices are always better.

I don't know why wouldn't you want to experience TLoU on the PS4 again though :)

bombshell

Why is it standalone on PS4 when it's included with very TLOU purchase?

There could be a lot of people who played the base game on PS3, but had migrated to PS4 before the DLC was out for the PS3 version. Now they can play the DLC on PS4 without needing to buy the full game again.

Since Sony has flooded the market with TLOU codes it's pretty easy to find the full game for a few dollars extra compared to this.

I wish they did this more. Over here in the UK for the last couple of months you've been able to get AC Unity or Black Flag digitally on Xbone for about £5-£8, but on PS4 neither have been less than £25.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Seems pointless on PS4 but might tempt a few people in.

The other thing it does is allow Sony to release a taster of TLoU on PS+ without needing to release the full game. Although being a prequel it works better if you play it after the main game.

barit

I thought it was a terrible DLC which wasn't very long and yet was padded to hell with filler. :/ If I bought it for 10$ I'd be pretty pissed.

No it's not. Just not the typical dudebro shoot'em up DLC but you need a little empathy to appreciate such work. But it's okay not everyone must like it

Caleranatior

Neo Member
I wish they did this more. Over here in the UK for the last couple of months you've been able to get AC Unity or Black Flag digitally on Xbone for about £5-£8, but on PS4 neither have been less than £25.

That's just because both those games have been bundled digitally with Xbone. Shame we don't get TLOU with every PS4 here like the US does now, then there would be some cheap UK codes around.

borborygmus

No it's not. Just not the typical dudebro shoot'em up DLC but you need a little empathy to appreciate such work. But it's okay not everyone must like it

I'm no dudebro, far from it. I just thought it was far too expository and that the encounters in the main game only just do not overstay their welcome, so the DLC's generic encounters push it over the repetitiveness threshold for me.

I don't have a problem with people liking it, of course.

Nakasan

Fantastic news for me. Played TLOU, loved it, then sold it before the DLC came out. Will buy the smeg out of this.

This is tight. I borrowed TLoU from a friend on PS3 when it originally came out, so I was never able to play this. I don't really plan on getting a PS4 soon.

Or, do I...

Dat 12.75 deal looks P. good.

I thought it was a terrible DLC which wasn't very long and yet was padded to hell with filler. :/ If I bought it for 10$ I'd be pretty pissed.

Same here, it was not anywhere near as good as the main campaign to me. I got bored of it almost immediately but still slogged through.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

You mean $15?

Because it's dropping to $10.

I really wish Naughty Dog would just make the PS3 version free, isn't it included in the PS4 version already?

borborygmus

You mean $15?

Because it's dropping to $10.

I really wish Naughty Dog would just make the PS3 version free, isn't it included in the PS4 version already?

Oh, didn't notice that it'd be a price drop. 15$ is crazy to me for the amount/quality of content that's in it, and 10$ is still too much.

It is indeed included in the remastered PS4 version, which is how I got it.

Sothpaw

TLOU is brilliant, but I really didn't enjoy this DLC. If you aren't interested in watching two teenage girls walk through a mall together for two hours I would stay away. The final combat scenario with Ellie was good though I will give it that.

Top Bottom