• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

h3ro

Are the Prodrives still running the Gulf livery?

<3 that Gulf livery. The British Racing Green with yellow/orange lips is quite nice, but nothing (except perhaps the Martini & Rossi Porsches) beats that Gulf livery.

Sirolf

No Microsoft or Sony stand on the circuit :( (i was there during the qualifications).
I will know soon enough if Microsoft has a conference today.

Backflip

We have someone at the press event in Le Mans. He will be recording stuff there so I hope that we'll be able to upload some cool stuff soon.

saladine1

Backflip said:
We have someone at the press event in Le Mans. He will be recording stuff there so I hope that we'll be able to upload some cool stuff soon.

Who's we, if you don't mind me asking?

Good news everybody...

Microsoft announces that the two Le Mans circuits will feature in Forza Motorsport 3.

Microsoft has announced that the Le Mans Le Sarthe and Bugatti circuits will feature in Forza Motosport 3.

Interestingly they'll be joined in a multi-class racing series in the game so real GT racing can be more accurately simulated.
LONDON, 12 JUNE 2009 – This weekend in Le Mans, Sarthe, France, the world’s best drivers and their finely tuned race cars will compete in the oldest and most prestigious endurance race in the world, at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

To celebrate the 77th 24 Hours of Le Mans, Xbox 360 has partnered with Peugeot Sport to host a press event at the Le Mans circuit together with Peugeot Sport’s top driver, Stéphane Sarrazin. The event, held in Peugeot Sport’s Hospitality at Le Raccordement announces the debut of the famed Le Mans Le Sarthe and Bugatti circuits as well as a new multi-class racing mode, all to be included in “Forza Motorsport 3”, when the game launches exclusively on Xbox 360 in October. A consultant to developer Turn 10 on the re-creation of the track for Forza Motorsport 3, Stéphane took some laps on the in-game version of LeMans with press prior to joining his Peugeot 908 teammates to prepare for Saturday’s race.

In the true spirit of motorsport, no “Forza Motorsport 3” experience is complete without the inclusion of the finely tuned and highly engineered racing machines designed by the world’s most prestigious racing teams. To that end, Xbox 360 also announces at Le Mans the first set of more than 100 race cars that will be featured in the game. For the first time in Forza Motorsport history, fans will be able to get into the cockpit of some of the world’s most famous race cars including the Peugeot Sport 908, the Audi FSI Champion Racing R8 and the Ferrari MOMO Doran Racing F333 SP. With the best graphics and most realistically performing cars in gaming, “Forza Motorsport 3’ will let racing fans worldwide live out their love of motorsport like never before.

In the U.S. this weekend, Xbox 360 and Audi North America invite motorsport fans and media to the Audi Forum New York City for a host of activities celebrating Le Mans. Among them, Xbox 360 and Audi North America are hosting the AXF-24 Audi-Forza Challenge where nine of North America’s top “Forza” drivers as determined by rankings on Xbox LIVE will compete in a simulated 24-hour endurance competition complete with regular pit stops to refuel and replenish as that challenge themselves and each other on the just debuted Le Mans Le Sarthe circuit in "Forza Motorsport 3." The competition runs concurrent to the actual race in France with gamers being split into three teams of three drivers, just like Le Mans racing teams then compete to win an all-expenses paid trip for them and a guest to the 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans race hosted by Audi. Other activities for media and guests include taking their own turns on Lemans in the Forza Motorsport 3 racing pod, witness pit stop demonstrations featuring the real-world Audi R8 and R10 Le Mans race cars as well as view a live broadcast of the race from France. For more info or to register to attend the events taking place at the Audi Forum New York in Manhattan, visit http://audiexp.com/axf24.html

http://xbox.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=18120

h3ro said:
Multi-class racing? I wonder if this means there will be more than 8 cars on track because having 4 LMP1s with 4 GT class cars is pretty useless.

Yeah, I was about to post the same thing. I don't see how they can have multi-class racing with just 8 cars.

I would be fine with lower poly cars in races where you'd want more than 8 cars if that's the only way to make it work, but don't fuck with 60 fps.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sionyboy said:
Anyone else being sent in an endless loop when they try to go to FM.net?

you must be using firefox. does that to me quite a bit, try IE

Manager

Here's the 720p versions, 15 of them:
http://betav2.gamersyde.com/news_8085_en.html

1856_0001.jpg

1856_0004.jpg

1856_0003.jpg

1856_0002.jpg

1856_0007.jpg

1856_0010.jpg

op_ivy

not digging the forza 2 washed out look for that track :/

EDIT: some of the other pics look better. maybe just how some were taken in photomode?

Leonsito

So, they partner with Audi for the game and with Peugeot for Le Mans, strange ...

Also, if the no pit stops is real, there is no point in pick up an Audi for that race :lol

Blimblim said:
No night races, no weather, no pit stops, no blown tires.

None of those things are features that I particularly care about, but if you're going to go on and on about how definitive your game is, you need to have these types of options.

Xirj

WTF at no pit stops... Does that mean no tirewear? This better not have been taken out in order to simlify the game and make it more marketable to beginners.

Blimblim said:

No pit stops? The others I can just about handle, but no pit stops is essentially saying "No races long enough for tires/fuel to become an issue".

I hope Turn 10 clear this up, doesn't sound very sim-like of them.

:eek: at the pictures though, Gamersyde to the rescue!

op_ivy

Xirj said:
WTF at no pit stops... Does that mean no tirewear? This better not have been taken out in order to simlify the game and make it more marketable to beginners.

yeah, thats the one thing from blims list that sucks... forza 2 had it, forza 1 had it. pits were useless for anything but the endurance races, but they were a must for that.

tire wear has to still be in, other forms of damage to the car and cars performance is.... but how will endurance races handle tire wear :(

faberpach

Blimblim said:

:(

No pit stops sux but ok
No blown tires it would have been to amazing.

But no night races and no weather is really sad... really really sad.

it is not always sunny in the real world.

But driving at night usually isn't that fun (for me, at least), and I think weather has actually made Burnout Paradise a slightly worse experience.

dammitmattt said:
But driving at night usually isn't that fun (for me, at least), and I think weather has actually made Burnout Paradise a slightly worse experience.

Yeah, I hate night driving personally. In Midnight Club LA when the map comes up on bootup I'm always like "Don't go dark don't go dark don't -- AW DAMN IT there's the building lights..."

op_ivy said:
yeah, thats the one thing from blims list that sucks... forza 2 had it, forza 1 had it. pits were useless for anything but the endurance races, but they were a must for that.

tire wear has to still be in, other forms of damage to the car and cars performance is.... but how will endurance races handle tire wear :(
The PR from the Audi event in NYC mentions pit stops. I bet they're still in as we knew them before, but nothing more.

Top Bottom