• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

90% of Forza Motorsport Xbox players haven't completed a single online race

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
90-of-forza-motorsport-xbox-players-havent-completed-a-single-online-race.jpg

The In the Big Leagues achievement is one of the first achievements players will unlock when jumping into Featured Multiplayer — it's awarded when players complete their first introductory race in the multiplayer mode, and it's essentially impossible to miss if you are playing online. According to global Xbox achievement data, just 10% of Forza Motorsport Xbox players have the In the Big Leagues achievement, which means 90% haven't are yet to complete a single online race. Out of the Forza Motorsport players on TrueAchievements, around 20% have unlocked the achievement (we need to pump that percentage up, people!).

It's a similar story over on Steam. According to Steam global achievement unlock data, around 27% of all Forza Motorsport players on the platform have the In the Big Leagues achievement, and while it is higher than the Xbox percentage, it's still surprisingly low. Of course, the reason why the percentage is likely higher here is down to Game Pass once again. Steam players would have had to purchase the game, meaning they are likely more invested than Xbox with its Game Pass subscribers, who maybe fired up Forza Motorsport through their subscriptions to see what it was all about before going back to something else.

A few other interesting Forza Motorsport achievements tidbits relating to Featured Multiplayer include: Only 8% of players have completed a clean qualifying lap, just 6% of players have managed a podium finish, and around 1% of players have held an S-rank Safety Rating across five consecutive Featured Multiplayer events. Of course, the achievement for holding a S-Rank Safety Rating across ten consecutive Featured Multiplayer events is even lower.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I haven't either, why would I even want to?

Now back on FM7 I remember Ybarra hosting online races and several nights we would hold events on Mixer (RIP)

He would even let people have access to his Xbox while he was at work and still stream people trying to race like that until someone sold one of his most expensive cars for super cheap to his own account (which Mike promptly banned him from Xbox)

Spyxos

Gold Member
I just did the introduction race. But well, racing games other than Burnout and old NFS games are not really my cup of tea.

Elysium44

Banned
Surprised anyone would buy this game to not play multiplayer, the single player is completely bare bones and pointless. It would be like getting Call of Duty and playing against bots.

lem0n

Online racing with randoms stopped being fun a long time ago. Like mid-360 era. The 10% are just racing with friends no doubt lol

StereoVsn

90-of-forza-motorsport-xbox-players-havent-completed-a-single-online-race.jpg

The In the Big Leagues achievement is one of the first achievements players will unlock when jumping into Featured Multiplayer — it's awarded when players complete their first introductory race in the multiplayer mode, and it's essentially impossible to miss if you are playing online. According to global Xbox achievement data, just 10% of Forza Motorsport Xbox players have the In the Big Leagues achievement, which means 90% haven't are yet to complete a single online race. Out of the Forza Motorsport players on TrueAchievements, around 20% have unlocked the achievement (we need to pump that percentage up, people!).

It's a similar story over on Steam. According to Steam global achievement unlock data, around 27% of all Forza Motorsport players on the platform have the In the Big Leagues achievement, and while it is higher than the Xbox percentage, it's still surprisingly low. Of course, the reason why the percentage is likely higher here is down to Game Pass once again. Steam players would have had to purchase the game, meaning they are likely more invested than Xbox with its Game Pass subscribers, who maybe fired up Forza Motorsport through their subscriptions to see what it was all about before going back to something else.

A few other interesting Forza Motorsport achievements tidbits relating to Featured Multiplayer include: Only 8% of players have completed a clean qualifying lap, just 6% of players have managed a podium finish, and around 1% of players have held an S-rank Safety Rating across five consecutive Featured Multiplayer events. Of course, the achievement for holding a S-Rank Safety Rating across ten consecutive Featured Multiplayer events is even lower.

Wouldn't it be nice if this game wasn't forced always online since apparently 90% of people don't give a shit about the online portion :(. Also, before folks go "Sony too", yes, f Sony for not having proper SP non online campaign that could be separate from online modes. And no, the mediocre scraps you can have without online don't count.

Rykan

Doesn't Sea of Thieves have the same thing, where it turns out most people don't even finish the first voyage? This is exactly why "X amount of people players!" is a completely meaningless statistics.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've never done an online race in GT7 either. I just want to play the career mode. I'm not paying for xbox live or playstation plus.

Zuzu

I’ve played two online races so far and they’re good but the game needs a casual quick play mode where it just drops you straight into a race with randomised car, track and grid position without the need for qualifying and waiting. It’s tedious having to wait for each race to start if you just feel like a quick race. A casual playlist like that would enable you to have more instant fun.

Last edited:

Cohetedor

Not that surprising, I've played gt7 over 400 hours but I've only played 5 short races online with others, it's not what I bought the game for. Forza players are likely the same.

I only race online in Forza with friends, and I haven't had any for a long time, Forza 5 is where we all parted ways.

I still haven't bought the damned game, and I won't be buying it until it's out of beta.

This would be a great time for Sony to put GT7 on Steam.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
On PC but nope haven't played a single online race. I did enter the MP menu once though and got a car for my troubles.

Top Bottom