• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Direct - 7th May 2015

When they showed off the AI octipus girl I found it weird that they didn't decide to have squid v octi in multiplayer, like humans v locust in gears.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
WiiU_Splatoon_050715_screen_Enemy_01_BallKing.jpg

Derp Clam confirmed

gorgeous! isnt' there any screen of the dark area (probably for single player) seen in the Direct?

vanty

When they showed off the AI octipus girl I found it weird that they didn't decide to have squid v octi in multiplayer, like humans v locust in gears.
There's probably a decent chance that playable octopuses will be added later on. Especially if nothing about their design wouldn't allow them to wear the same gear as the squids.

There's probably a decent chance that playable octopuses will be added later on. Especially if nothing about their design wouldn't allow them to wear the same gear as the squids.

most likely, could be a late thing they designed and added in, would be nice if they were added later just to keep things fresh.

Isn't it a pun on "Erizos de mar"?

Yep, but its also a girls name, coming from Erica. Could be also come from the name Eric, although that's no really used much in spanish and it never shortens to Eri as thats only used for females.

The didnt say he or she in spanish though.

Its one of the less obvious puns because it doesnt use the obvious part to sound like Erizo. For example, E. Rizo would have made it more obvious (like all the other names they did) and woudl have been definetly a males name.

Being frank is not only the name, the design could also go two ways. But who knows, maybe it becames clear in the final game.

Manoko

I wish Nintendo would just show us the gear unlocked for each amiibo, and the weapons.
By the way, both of those will only be available in singleplayer right ?

naib

This game looks fan-fucking-tastic.

Unfortunately I'm limited to 4G data speeds right now. Not sure MP is an option for me.

keit4

Banned
I didn't have the chance to watch the ND so i'm a little lost here, do we know something new about the local coop/multiplayer?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
By the way the UK version has so many more puns, they snuck in so many goddamn puns as research staff
Wait, the US dub didn't have the puns? That was the best bit. I noticed it didn't even start with the crappy powerpoint title slide to make it look even more like a bad presentation.

I always ignore the "Nintendo España" channel, as i find it really annoying to have audio and subtitles in two different language :p

I also find that annoying lol.
Just checked that first to see if it was maybe dubbed (like the mario kart 8 one) or what they did with all the puns.

Thankfully they punified everything like in the UK version, Im pretty sure many of the puns, like the research staff are going to be only used in this video.

Top Bottom