• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox partner preview show Wednesday, October 25, at 10am PT (1pm ET / 6pm BST)

MiguelItUp

this was absolutely unnecessary
Yeah, that's where I'm at. I didn't take anything new away from any of this. The things I was already excited about, I'm still excited about. The things I'm not, I'm not, haha. Better than nothing I suppose!

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
In the absence of Silent Hill 2, there's a chance that Alan Wake 2 could do well

Also, I know that it's just in alpha stage, but MGS Delta has stiff characters like PS2 era characters. Fix that, Konami

Last edited:
I think it was solid. I think it was closer to 7 for me due to a lot of known games. But they all were good. Probably I give them 8 due to the quality of those games. Not megatons or mindblowing stuff.

Reactions: Isa
That’s more like it Xbox, no more blowing smoke up your own arse or anymore Phil Spencer talking like he’s auditioning for a role in a car ad, keep it to the point , precise and have good stuff to show. Good job 👍

Ev1L AuRoN

Seeing a glimpse of Metal Gear gameplay was nice, Alan Wake II is amazing everybody knows, I don't care much about the rest.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I think Robocop will be good but I'd be pretty shocked if it was "amazing".

In my head I'm thinking it's going to be a really fun 7/10 type game. We'll see though

I'm going into Robocop with the same kind of expectations that I had with Terminator Resistance.

A love letter to the classic IP. Not expecting it to be a twitch shooter like CoD.

Topher

Gold Member
I'm going into Robocop with the same kind of expectations that I had with Terminator Resistance.

A love letter to the classic IP. Not expecting it to be a twitch shooter like CoD.

Robocop looks like it *could* be a campy fun shooter with all the cheesy 80s one-liners and the over the top narrative. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Based on what we saw, it doesn't look like the devs are taking it too seriously at all......and that is a good thing.

Darsxx82

The format is very accurate. It should be more periodic (every month or 2 months). I am sure that there will be many Studios (specially indis) buying tickets to be part of promotions like the one given by this type of formats.

Many interesting things have been shown and announced.

. That little gameplay has definitely sold me on Alan Wake 2. The setting is...wow

Is the Animal Crossing island the whole Yakuza game or just some large side thing? That Ikaro and Hinderberg looked a little interesting to me. Currently playing Eternights and it gave me that kinda small jank action game I can dig. heh
Robocop looked like crap imo.

Is the Animal Crossing island the whole Yakuza game or just some large side thing? That Ikaro and Hinderberg looked a little interesting to me. Currently playing Eternights and it gave me that kinda small jank action game I can dig. heh
Robocop looked like crap imo.
Knowing Yakuza it is a side thing.

MarkMe2525

It was aight. The metal gear game interested me. I kinda blanked out for a bit so I'll probably go back and watch again.

Still wakes the Deep could be a great game, The Chinese Room are a great little developer. AW2 looked great, really liked the gameplay they showed at the end.

Regarding a minuscule matter, I wish Xbox would use green more in their logos and hardware power buttons. The pure white is a bit bland imo.

wSLUhAK.jpg

Topher

Gold Member
While, yes, it's funny, Neogaf is also not a hive-mind, people have different opinions, which is good, if we all felt the same then what a boring world we'd live in.

Yep. Wouldn't have it any other way. When I said "never change, GAF".....that wasn't sarcasm, BTW. Love this place.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Format is nice, Delta footage is hype and unexpected, the rest is whatever.

What I like is that they named it Partner Preview and thus there were not any crazy expectations. So they avoided that trap that State of Plays and Nintendo Directs sometimes fall into, where people are complaining about the lack of bangers.

Isa

I liked it. Did what it said on the tin. Mostly updates and I like that. Having the QR codes or whatever is a neat thing that could really help reduce some show bloat in the future and having more steady streams of shows could be nice for regular updates throughout the year.

I liked most of what I saw, Robocop is great and got it dl'd and ready lol, Metal Gear looks quite nice I loved the muddy look and deformation in the environment. Alan Wake is also ready to go and I don't want any more spoilers so I nope'd out of the show then. Like a Dragon looked really good, that game is gonna be packed with content, I could see myself really stretching that one out.

Overall a good show for me and I hope for more in the future.

GHG

Just caught up on this, short and sweet, no fluff. Need more gaming shows like this.

Manor Lords was the best thing shown, remarkable that it's made by a single guy with a bunch of freelancers assisting him. Really looking forward to it next year. Hopefully it fills a gap that the more modern total war games have failed to fill for a while.

I’m surprised about no release date for either Still Wakes the Deep or the Hinterberg game. I was expecting release dates in H1 2024 for those kind of games.

Top Bottom