• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Targaryen, Tyrion Targaryen, and Daenarys Targaryen, all riding dragons, landing their dragons on King's Landing. Wouldn't that be a scene on the final episode of this show?

Don't be too harsh to judge...

Now that I think about it the odds don't seem to be in my favor with the producers' insistence on keeping her around and appear in every episode so far as well as the emphasis on her being the last Stark alive (which obviously isn't the case, but only Brienne knows about Arya and everyone thinks Bran and Rickon are dead).

But...what the hell let's play >:D
I need a new avatar anyway.

Though, can we set the timeline to the end of the Stannis/Bolton conflict (which might as well drag until the end of the season, lol)?
Nah brehh, end of the season. Then it's deal. You swear on it to the old Gods and the new. And to the the one that allows smoke coming out of vagines and the one whose name is death.

Then we're down.

The Cowboy

Enjoyed the episode, Dany making all the weird choices one again and my 2nd fav character being his usual brilliant self (i love Ramsay).

Gotta love Sansa's smirk at the baby news :D.
IWDD6Ci.gif

mN92gyf.gif

rjc571

Banned
Why does the baby even matter if Roose has already officially named Ramsay a Bolton? Since he's now officially recognized by his family, his status as a bastard is no longer relevant and his age would give him precedence over his younger (possible) brother. Is the implication that Roose could unname him?

The Cowboy

Why does the baby even matter if Roose has already officially named Ramsay a Bolton? Since he's now officially recognized by his family, his status as a bastard is no longer relevant and his age would give him precedence over his younger (possible) brother. Is the implication that Roose could unname him?

Ramsay is worried that he is only officially his named son until a more fitting (non bastard) son comes along, he says this in the next scene "I'm your son, until a better alternative comes along".

Ramsay is worried that he is only officially his named son until a more fitting (non bastard) son comes along, he says this in the next scene "I'm your son, until a better alternative comes along".

If that were to happen I can see Ramsay plotting to have the baby killed. Talisa style.

and Roose. Ramsay be ruthless.

Sansa and Ramsay plot to have the baby, mother and Roose killed at their wedding. Sansa has Reek do some of the damage and once they're dead, she has the north turn on Ramsay and Reek, taking back the North before Stannis shows up.

Red Wedding 2.0

UrbanRats

Episode wasn't too great, imo, but i did enjoy a couple of scenes, like Sansa's/Bolton's.
Jorah going zombie seems a lame twist, but we'll see how it turns out.
GreyWorm's scene made my eyes roll inside my skull, felt like a scene written by a 13 years old.
Daenerys' wedding doesn't make any sense to me, seems like a complete waste, politically speaking, did she forget her long game?

Also, wanted to point out, that i'm also a supporter of Stannis, dude is showing range this season.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Episode wasn't too great, imo, but i did enjoy a couple of scenes, like Sansa's/Bolton's.
Jorah going zombie seems a lame twist, but we'll see how it turns out.
GreyWorm's scene made my eyes roll inside my skull, felt like a scene written by a 13 years old.
Daenerys' wedding doesn't make any sense to me, seems like a complete waste, politically speaking, did she forget her long game?

Also, wanted to point out, that i'm also a supporter of Stannis, dude is showing range this season.

dat Greyworm's cringeworthy quote. And to think it was Barristan that had to die instead of him. :(

Michael McElhatton should do voice acting in games. Please.

Yup, his voice is majestic.

This was a very good episode.While previous episodes have definitely had some good moments, I feel that this was the first of the season that hasn't feel like an up and down slog, which is kinda disappointing, but hopefully it keeps picking up.

Highlight that come to mind immediately.

game-of-thrones-stannis.gif

It sounds like our forum has a nice little divide between Team Stannis and Team Bolton.

I've been on team Stannis from the get go and it'l remain that way unless he does something like sacrifice his daughter in the name of the lord of light or some bullshit. But I do like the Boltons story line, the characters are interesting as hell.

GtwoK

Not sure if I'm forgetting something important, but why haven't we heard from Brann at all this season? He's still at that old tree beyond the wall, correct?

Ri'Orius

As we've already seen, the rules of succession aren't carved in stone. If Roose wants to change heirs, he'll get it done, one way or another.

Not sure if I'm forgetting something important, but why haven't we heard from Brann at all this season? He's still at that old tree beyond the wall, correct?

It was confirmed by the directors/producers that there won't be any Bran story line this season.

I don't know when that news broke out, I was just made aware at the start of the season by someone in this thread.

He gathered/hired as many Maester's from Westeros as he could, and one of them saved her.

She's definitely a little too skinny for my taste but that scene was pretty damn hot.

That's not quite what I meant. We don't know what specifically was done scientifically/magically to cure her, and we may never know. .

sangreal

damn, during my rewatch just passed the episode where Selmy pledges himself to Dany. Makes me so pissed how they offed him in a street skirmish where he wasnt even protecting her

It would probably help if I actually gave a shit about greyworm

I'm a little worried this season is going to end with Tyrion reaching Dany and Stannis assaulting Winterfell.

I don't really like how they're things that have been in motion since the start of the season but are taking so long to actually happen, makes it so predictable. Hopefully the late season twists really deliver.

Arcayne

This season sure is crawling at a snails pace so far. Hoping we get something good by the end of it. Highlights for me were Roose admitting he was/is every bit a monster as Ramsey, and Stannis correcting the Night's Watch meeting with proper english, "fewer". Dunno why that scene got me, but it did. Also pleasant to see Drogon and a brief look at Valyria.

Is anyone even at Winterfell? I thought it was ruins with homeless maybe.

Yes that is where the Boltons and Sansa are. I can see where the confusion comes from, in the eps where little Finger and Sansa see Moat Calin, it only takes them a further 5 minutes in the show to turn up at Winterfell.

A problem this series is the world seems smaller, it takes characters no time to travel anywhere.

pringles

damn, during my rewatch just passed the episode where Selmy pledges himself to Dany. Makes me so pissed how they offed him in a street skirmish where he wasnt even protecting her

It would probably help if I actually gave a shit about greyworm
Thought he went out in a realistic way and got to show off his skill even as an old man. This is GoT, very few characters get heroic, honorable deaths and I thought his was one of the few that could be considered such. Grayworm's not the best character but he's good when he's fighting instead of talking.

I'm a little worried this season is going to end with Tyrion reaching Dany and Stannis assaulting Winterfell.

I don't really like how they're things that have been in motion since the start of the season but are taking so long to actually happen, makes it so predictable. Hopefully the late season twists really deliver.
Would be surprised. Episodes 7-8-9 usually deliver the goods in every season. Does feel like most of the season has been about establishing where everyone is and what they're moving towards, compared to last season which had a lot of payoffs early on, but it's been necessary and this latest episode really set the table for some big things to go down in the next few episodes.

So Danny is losing it, Sansa is dumb as usual, Ramsay appeared to have improved but it was just a show and Jon is just amazing as always. Hmm, no Arya, King's Landing or Jaime in this episode, and I'm really curious on where those arcs are going.

Alpende

I'm really like Jon Snow's storyline, Sansa's smirk when she heard the news of Roose getting a child was great. Grey Worm's and Missandei's storyline is stupid though, that line that he could never see her again was dumb.

Looking forward to Jorah's storyline and how that plays out. Would be cool if we saw him become a full blown stone man. I bet he's gonna be saved by Dany in some way though.

Stannis downfall will be when the Red Woman tries to burn his daughter alive when the crazy mother goes behind his back and tries to make it happen. He either goes nuts and get killed or kills the red woman and loses the edge he has with her on his side. I can't see him being around much longer.

Yes that is where the Boltons and Sansa are. I can see where the confusion comes from, in the eps where little Finger and Sansa see Moat Calin, it only takes them a further 5 minutes in the show to turn up at Winterfell.

A problem this series is the world seems smaller, it takes characters no time to travel anywhere.
that is where the boltons, sansa, brienne, etc are at

Remember the scene with Roose Bolton and Little Finger where Roose gives him Cersei's letter? People were rebuilding it in the background.

Really? Did she comment on it? I remember the snow castle bit clearly, but nothing about her actually going back.

Stannis downfall will be when the Red Woman tries to burn his daughter alive when the crazy mother goes behind his back and tries to make it happen. He either goes nuts and get killed or kills the red woman and loses the edge he has with her on his side. I can't see him being around much longer.

Yeah I feel like shit is going to go down and Stannis will end up dying against the Boltons.

And then Sansa will be stuck with them.

Until our hero Jon arrives with his wildling army and takes back Winterfell <3

Really? Did she comment on it? I remember the snow castle bit clearly, but nothing about her actually going back.

Um, did the miss her chat with Littlefinger in the tomb full of Starks?

I almost want to read book spoilers about Stannis.
Um, did the miss her chat with Littlefinger in the tomb full of Starks?
No, but I thought her Aunt had a tomb of her own or something.

I must have missed the part after Moat Cailin where they all went to Winterfell. Or maybe I thought they visited it.

why do people think that the Red woman will harm Stannis' daughter?

If she was going to, she already had plenty of chances in the past.

In other news, Dany's storyline has been so disappointing.

Back in season 3 or whatever I thought she was gonna get the Unsullied, conquer some cities, then keep heading on over to Westeros and go for that iron throne.

But now she has her own separate drama show in Mereen :( Hopefully Tyrion gets there ASAP and hurries things along.

Same thing with White Walker storyline. Why do I feel like both Dany and White Walkers are going to show up in the final episodes of the final season as the grand finale?

why do people think that the Red woman will harm Stannis' daughter?

If she was going to, she already had plenty of chances in the past.

Because she has his Boratheon blood. Like Gendry did. I think eventually she will tell him he needs to make a bigger sacrifice to the Lord of Light.

Because she has his Boratheon blood. Like Gendry did. I think eventually she will tell him he needs to make a bigger sacrifice to the Lord of Light.

hmm, well I can see that happening actually, given the amount of attention that little girl has been getting the last couple of episodes.

One thing that I don't get though, if he is the true king and the Lord of Light is real, then why does he/she need to sacrifice anything. The Lord of Light should be looking out for him and any potential heirs i.e. blood relations. Not wanting a sacrifice of that blood.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
In other news, Dany's storyline has been so disappointing.

Its the most unsatisfying, boring arc in the entire series by far. The best qualities are everything but her. And her character is unbearably stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom