• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

I think it was a cheesy way of 'getting Bronn's blood pumping' to make the venom work faster.

Also, with everything currently going on in the show, knowing the actress was barely 18 filming that scene just makes it sleazy IMO. And not in a good way.

Minion101

Banned
I think it was a cheesy way of 'getting Bronn's blood pumping' to make the venom work faster.

Also, with everything currently going on in the show, knowing the actress was barely 18 filming that scene just makes it sleazy IMO. And not in a good way.

She's 18. It's fine.

Dennis

Banned

Barely Legal Game of Thrones

Yeah, that seems pretty sketchy. The show has been a phenomenon since she was fourteen, so she's kind of grown with it during very formative years. I hope she doesn't regret this later on when she's older, especially since several of the other actresses in the show have changed their mind on nudity.

sangreal

Myranda is probably just as young. Not sure why everyone is so hung up on it

A lot of the characters, like Sansa, are minors which should raise more eyebrows

turtle553

Yeah, that seems pretty sketchy. The show has been a phenomenon since she was fourteen, so she's kind of grown with it during very formative years. I hope she doesn't regret this later on when she's older, especially since several of the other actresses in the show have changed their mind on nudity.

They changed their minds after they and the show were big enough to make those demands. You have to get to that point before you can negotiate that.

sangreal

There has been a lot less cock on the show lately. I've seen Theon's(RIP), Hodor's, Must have been more...

pretty sure there have been more, but it has been a long time for some reason (despite ample opportunities -- the parade of the naked high septon really stands out; especially when that scene started with a closeup of bush)

harSon

Banned
the character, not the actress. she just had her period in like season 2. I think she said she was 14 at some point

They really had bad luck with that casting. I always forget she's supposed to be that young considering she's towering over half of the cast lmao

sangreal

Read a history book or Wikipedia would be a good advice

Is this directed at me? I'm not bothered by the fact that child marriage/sex is normal in Westeros (as it was in history -- which has nothing to do with this show). My point was I think it is strange that people are weirded out over the nudity of adult actresses but not the child love scenes being portrayed

sangreal

They really had bad luck with that casting. I always forget she's supposed to be that young considering she's towering over half of the cast lmao

Clearly Hodor is her real father

I'm pretty sure Bran grew too fast also. I mean, they are still trying to pretend little Sam is an infant

sansa_stark_watching_her_brother_by_maidenpool-d69ouom.png

sangreal

man, I just rewatched the battle at castle black for the millionth time. I think Gren and his party chanting the vows while the Giant charges is my favorite moment in the series

Ghost being locked up for most of the episode is probably the stupidest thing in the series though

e: oh, and I forgot... Sam Scalia did not break his vows, unless he knocked up Gilly or married her

man, I just rewatched the battle at castle black for the millionth time. I think Gren and his party chanting the vows while the Giant charges is my favorite moment in the series

Ghost being locked up for most of the episode is probably the stupidest thing in the series though

Well if John was in command the whole episode Ghost would have been all over the place.

Dr.Acula

Banned

What, this is the actress' first season. She definitely knew what the deal with the show was.

sangreal

What, this is the actress' first season. She definitely knew what the deal with the show was.

He/she is complaining (out of thin air) that the actress was manipulated into getting nude for this show by virtue of the fact that it was a phenomenon during her youth and a young girl could not resist the opportunity.

For the record, I disagree -- just trying to clarify the point

e: on further thought, I suppose I don't agree or disagree. I just think it is jumping to conclusions

He/she is complaining (out of thin air) that the actress was manipulated into getting nude for this show by virtue of the fact that it was a phenomenon during her youth and a young girl could not resist the opportunity.

You're right about that being my point. And I'm not saying that's definitely what happened, but that I hope it's not.

Brashnir

e: on further thought, I suppose I don't agree or disagree. I just think it is jumping to conclusions

and now I remember why I have this moron on ignore.

Cipherr

"Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!"

No but seriously I am still laughing a day later at whoever in this thread posted

"This dude is about to try and fight his way out of the friend zone"

shit has me weeeeeak lol

So the scene amounted to a zero sum, but they got to show boobs.
That whole scene was so silly, lol.

Yeah I agree that's why I said it was the weakest scene of the episode to me. Not even boobs can save it.

Alpende

I loved Cercei's reaction with her eyes when the High Sparrow dropped that bomb, gonna be interesting to see how that plays out. Also, that sand snake...

Unicorn

This episode was so bad. I feel like quality is spiraling.

:/ was the best show I'd seen. Up there with Breaking Bad, but this season...

Prine

Banned
So Sansa was genuinely shocked that Jon was Lord of Castle black? Or was that disgust? I forgot how she felt about Jon, I know Rob was fond of him as was Bran.

It was nice to see a Stark being recognised in a high position again and that of a warrior. Out of all the Kings in the series it was Rob attire that impressed me the most. That animal coat he wears, makes him larger then life, I see Jon wearing something similar in Castle Black. Not sure if its a Stark thing or a Northern thing.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So Sansa was genuwinly shocked that Jon was Lord of Castle black? Or was that disgust? I forgot how she felt about Jon, I know Rob was fond of him as was Bran.

It was nice to see a Stark being recognised in a high position and that of a warrior.

Disgust would be a really weird reaction to have.

I believe only Cat held only ill feelings towards Jon.

scabro

the best thing i can say about the sandsnake scene as soon as she started to get up and i saw where it was going, i started thinking to myself "for fucks sake writers dont have Bronn fall for this fucking bullshi...."
GIF-damn-dat-ass-jaw-drop-oh-shit-oh-snap-OMG-owned-shocked-surprised-wince-GIF.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So Sansa was genuwinly shocked that Jon was Lord of Castle black? Or was that disgust? I forgot how she felt about Jon, I know Rob was fond of him as was Bran.

It was nice to see a Stark being recognised in a high position again and that of a warrior. Out of all the Kings in the series it was Rob attire that impressed me the most. That animal coat he wears, makes him larger then life, I see Jon wearing something similar in Castle Black. Not sure if its a Stark thing or a Northern thing.

She might have been wondering why Littlefinger didn't take her there instead, she knows Jon would definitely have housed her and she would have been a whole lot safer. Or she could have realized that she has somewhere to run to and all she has to do now is steal a horse and escape.

Zaph

It was nice to see a Stark being recognised in a high position and that of a warrior.
In her head she probably saw a viable way out of her current living hell. So far she's been carted from place to place hoping to find someone she can trust, but her situation has only gotten worse. Even if she thinks she can trust someone (like Brienne), then what? Go to another House who'll use her as a bargaining chip?

Hearing Jon is in a position of (limited) power probably gave her hope that if she can get free, there's somewhere she can go.

Jackpot

Banned
If you rewatch the scene where Cercei first goes to see the High Sparrow, you can see she believes she's made a very clever arrangement; she is restoring political and military power to the Church in exchange for 1) a significant forgiveness of debt for the crown

What debt was that?

Finally saw the latest episode. It was good. I think everyone in this thread predicted what would happen to Cersei, and also that Stannis' daughter would need to be sacrificed. I guess the show really has become predictable. I can never predict Littlefinger though. I'm always curious on what he'll do next.

Also, sorry for not remembering names, but the big shot at Castle Black letting Tully that he's "losing all his friends" at the funeral was sooo inappropriate. I suppose it's not strange though as they're all thieves and rapists.

And lol at the prison count going on in this thread, I didn't even think of it, haha.

the character, not the actress. she just had her period in like season 2. I think she said she was 14 at some point

In season 1, yeah? Not sure how many years have passed since then; at least three or four, I believe.

Hollycat

Hooray for Cersei finally getting her Just Desserts!
maybe
Also, no idea who the guy who freed Tyrion was, but I like him.

Yeah, I can't put my finger down on Little Finger - never know what he's up to or what he's planning, he's a very calculating character. Everyone else and their arcs are quite predictable at this juncture; well, except for Bran Stark cause he ain't even in the freakin' show! I was hoping to learn more about his arc since it's the most interesting to me.

Everyone else and their arcs are quite predictable at this juncture; well, except for Bran Stark cause he ain't even in the freakin' show! I was hoping to learn more about his arc since it's the most interesting to me.
I think you and I are probably the only people that care about Bran, lol. Everyone hated on his arc last season from what I remember.

Makes me sad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom