• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT| Squidstyler

hatchx

Banned
This mode needs such strong teamwork, but no talking...

Also, since there's no regional match making, language barriers

If only people who want voice chat don't always talk about how they will give other people orders. That's the main reason voice chat with randoms don't usually work.

This is why voice chat for team matches come August absolutely need to be a thing. I can understand no chat with randoms (in a Nintendo game), but if they don't bring it with custom team matches that is a big miss.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Alright. Finally booted out of ranked because it couldn't find enough players. Ended up at rank B- (60) and a streak of +17.0. God damn this mode is so fucking fun.
I should probably go to sleep now anyway lol

Kebiinu

Banned
Guys, guys!!

Imagine a few days from now when people are competent and smart about how they play Splatzone? Give it time, the game is fresh and people are working through it!

The community will only continue to grow. I have a feeling the launch was a success.

Just finished a ranked session. Won a bit more than lost but still got my butt kicked several times. Crazy hectic. Used a roller first but quickly switched to my Splattershot jr.

Rank C now

Crazy comeback in one match. We were behind 90 vs 7 sec and still succeeded taking over the zone and winning.

Whyyy!? Why is everyone bouncing off of my Roller? There's no shields or Kraken to defend them. LAAAAAAAAG!!!

...That said, we still won. =D

Goddamn on a losing streak in ranked again. It seems like, unless you're good enough to carry your team every time, you just win 50% of the games and lose 50% of your games due to the random pairing.

leroidys

Ugh- ranked mode is unbelievably stupid. Your rank is 100% based on your teams performance? Fuck that.

EDIT: New map is great though!

Totakeke

I'm kind of terrified of the Krak-on Roller in ranked. There's so few time for tactical play that if a good player sets up beacons at hard to reach places, your team's positions is compromised or you have to go to remove them and into a one to one fight against a roller in a cramped space. Neither are good options.

Dr. Buni

This is why voice chat for team matches come August absolutely need to be a thing. I can understand no chat with randoms (in a Nintendo game), but if they don't bring it with custom team matches that is a big miss.
No, voice chat doesnt ned to be a thing.

Stopping with 70 points in C+, gotta do some homework :( I still think blaster custom is one of if not the best weapons for this mode, at least on these 2 maps.

jwillenn

Where does the mini countdown (+53) that prevents the main countdown from progressing come from?

I've been trying to find its cause in the matches, but eh...

SMgamer83

It should scale based on your performance. I don't think it's fair that you lose a flat amount of points regardless of how well you do or how poorly your teammates do, especially since its just random matchmaking.

It's like deja vu with every conversation about MOBA's ever

Exile20

It should scale based on your performance. I don't think it's fair that you lose a flat amount of points regardless of how well you do or how poorly your teammates do, especially since its just random matchmaking.

Holy shit you are dense.

Dude, fuck off.

Neoxon

CGd5oTDW0AAmQm0.jpg

Godlike

Xeteh

Holy shit you are dense.

It is a team game. You're playing as a team, you get rated as a team. You either win or you lose in ranked, there is no in between.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Called it a night after a miraculous two-game win streak. Cashed out at Judd and logged out. I liked the new Port map. Nice upper views on the sides. Those forklifts are annoying, though.

Top Bottom