• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was totally expecting the Night King dude to freeze the water and start walking across it.

Oh man, that'd be boss.

I like his thorns/crowns/lil horns thingies that stick out from his skull

VERY NICE

Also does anyone know if there has been more clarity about the White Walker hierarchy? There's the zombies / wights? at the bottom rung, who seem brain dead to me. like button soldiers. then there are white walkers who are less brain dead above them, like the sephiroth one that jon fought. is this night king dude at the top of the chain?

cuz i seem to remember a scene where there was an enclave of impressive looking white walkers. instead of one dude kingship, do you guys think they are more like headed by a council or a group of them?

I was surprised Thormund was able to beat that Marowak/Cubone cosplaying wildling to death w/o anyone stepping up to stop him.. you can tell that wildling isnt that liked by his people.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I was surprised Thormund was able to beat that Marowak cosplaying wildling to death w/o anyone stepping up to stop him.. you can tell that wildling isnt that liked by his people.

The badassness of that scene was overshadowed by the rest of the episode.

But goddamn Thormund earned some serious cool points from that.

neoism

"Winter is coming"

"Winter is going to come, you'll see"

"You guys, Winter is totally coming"

"bla bla Winter bla bla"

Then Winter fucking came.

lol yeah totally.. I was like damn another talking episode.... its literally been this all season... then... the white stuff came.. 7... then...zombies/dead 9 then :O 20.

also about Cersei, I have to say I'm for some reason pissed about this, your son is the fucking KING and he allows his motha and wifu to be in prison.. what the fuck is the point of the king... the head 7th guy better have his head off at the end of this season.... its weird though I feel bad for her, even though she is evil and stuff.. its weird...

but yeah their really should have been a least 1 or 2 eps this good already but godamn this episode was phenomenal.

also that wildling women was gorgeous and I was sad she got turned.... holy shit at that dead kid... 0_0

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
lol yeah totally.. I was like damn another talking episode.... its literally been this all season... then... the white stuff came.. 7... then...zombies/dead 9 then :O 20.

also about Cersei, I have to say I'm for some reason pissed about this your son is the fucking KING and he allows his motha and wifu to be in prison.. what the fuck is the point of the king... the head 7th guy better have he head off at the end of this season.... its weird though I feel bad for her, even though she is evil and stuff.. its weird...

but yeah their really should have been a least 1 or 2 eps this good already but godamn this episode was phenomenal.

I mean it's all her fault, Tommen was all ready to go and bust some heads in the other episode but she talked him down and justified not doing it. He's just doing what he thinks she would want or what she told him was the right thing to do.

also about Cersei, I have to say I'm for some reason pissed about this your son is the fucking KING and he allows his motha and wifu to be in prison.. what the fuck is the point of the king... the head 7th guy better have he head off at the end of this season.... its weird though I feel bad for her, even though she is evil and stuff.. its weird...

also that wildling women was gorgeous and I was sad she got turned.... holy shit at that dead kid... 0_0

Yeahhh

Tommen is a sad sack of soggy socks :< Ugh. How could he let his wife and mother be imprisoned and just boohoohoo inside his room. ASKDJHAKSGDJHFGDSF

neoism

I mean it's all her fault, Tommen was all ready to go and bust some heads in the other episode but she talked him down and justified not doing it. He's just doing what he thinks she would want or what she told him was the right thing to do.

I think he really needs to get it in his head that king answers to no one... He really is just a kid though but goddamn... you motha and wifu.... smh... he needs to king up or GTFO.

Xamdou

I think he really needs to get it in his head that king answers to no one... He really is just a kid though but goddamn... you motha and wifu.... smh... he needs to king up or GTFO.

I mean I can understand the wife (actually I don't) but his mother too? Not really sure what Tommem needs to stand up and be a true King of the realm.

neoism

So the regular zombie dudes don't require dragon glass to kill, right? Just the bosses and mini-bosses?

or Jon's sword was forged with some DG.... thats what I thought when he killed him... not sure though the guy was waaay more bad ass than the guy Same killed...
I really cant remember wear he got the sword from.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If he had another couple of years under his belt he'd probably be a great king, he just got placed on the throne during the time in everyone's life where they're still impressionable and are influenced by their elders. The fact is he's just too young to do the job properly right now and he'll probably be dethroned or killed before he ages up enough to do it.

or Jon's sword was forged with some DG.... thats what I thought when he killed him... not sure though the guy was waaay more bad ass than the guy Same killed...
I really cant remember wear he got the sword from.

Jon's sword was Valarian Steel, which we've all been thinking would work on them for a while now due to the foreshadowing.

Holy shitballs, if that wasn't some finale-like foreshadowing then idk what is.

Jon vs the White Walker King in a battle for life. That staredown was insane.

neoism

I mean I can understand the wife (actually I don't) but his mother too? Not really sure what Tommem needs to stand up and be a true King of the realm.

Well from his point of view its the women he lost his virginity too.. plus Ive never really had anything against her house or her character. She definitely has personally interests but still shes not evil, and even though Cersei is evil Tommem would never think that, the fact the everything against Cersei cant be proven anyway.. just becasue some cousin says soo... :/ This whole 7th heaven religious story arc is just soo stupid to me, this shit wouldn't go down if Tywin, Robert or Joffrey(lol) hell even if Jamie was their.. I know I guess Cersei put things in to motion but its just silly to me..Tommem is showing that he isnt a King..by allowing this the happen... Jamie needs to get back and fuck shit up.

That kid Olly is worrying me too... I feel hes about to fuck up the entire operation once Jon Snow comes back with the wildlings. He will probably kill Thormund. And it will rest on JS to punish him for it.

GavinGT

Banned
That kid Olly is worrying me too... I feel hes about to fuck up the entire operation once Jon Snow comes back with the wildlings. He will probably kill Thormund. And it will rest on JS to punish him for it.

I thought he was going to poison Sam. He's definitely about to do something rash.

Well from his point of view its the women he lost his virginity too.. plus Ive never really had anything against her house or her character. She definitely has personally interests but still shes not evil, and even though Cersei is evil Tommem would never think that, the fact the everything against Cersei cant be proven anyway.. just becasue some cousin says soo... :/ This whole 7th heaven religious story arc is just soo stupid to me, this shit wouldn't go down if Tywin, Robert or Joffrey(lol) hell even if Jamie was their.. I know I guess Cersei put things in to motion but its just silly to me..Tommem is showing that he isnt a King..by allowing this the happen... Jamie needs to get back and fuck shit up.

LOL what can nerfed Jaime do even if he's back?

The Faith Militant would just throw him into a neighbouring cell without breaking a sweat.

He can't even fight proper anymore.

neoism

I thought he was going to poison Sam. He's definitely about to do something rash.

lol Same I was like dun eat it Sam that kid is out for revenge plane and simple... will always hate him for killin Ygritte

ygritte_by_aniamitura-d6jd03x.jpg
:*(

They can only climb through fences and break through barricades. Water shy, though.

Not sure if these zombies carry all the typical Undead characteristics.
One of these is that the Undead cannot cross water at all. (no swimming, no boats, no bridges)

Which maybe is why Jon and crew didn't row like crazy once they were on the water?
and
That they WW will now have to take the long way back around, buying Jon some time to get back to the Wall and prepare

Not sure if these zombies carry all the typical Undead characteristics.
One of these is that the Undead cannot cross water at all. (no swimming, no boats, no bridges)

NO BRIDGES!

wow. that's some restriction. i didn't know that. was it said somewhere in the past recent episodes? what would happen if you rope one and force it to cross a bridge?

so interestiinngggg

neoism

The Faith Militant would just throw him into a neighbouring cell without breaking a sweat.

Jamie's still a BOSS... ;p
where the fuck is the army wouldn't they have his back? I doubt they could fight soldiers with their bibles....

NO BRIDGES!

wow. that's some restriction. i didn't know that. was it said somewhere in the past recent episodes? what would happen if you rope one and force it to cross a bridge?

so interestiinngggg

edit: Just a general Undead rule (covering zombies, vampires, skeletons, wraiths etc. think of the wraiths in the Lord of the Rings not crossing water)

I'm not saying these are carved in stone.
I didn't really see what happened to the ones getting dumped in the water by the Giant ?

UrbanRats

The fact that Valyrian steel immediately shatters those dudes, it's sort of disappointing though.

At this point it renders fight scenes with them an either or situation: Either you have the steel and you instantly win, or you don't and there's nothing you can do.

Would've been nice if they were, yes, vulnerable to Valyrian steel, but not instantly exploding at the touch.

Jamie's still a BOSS... ;p
where the fuck is the army wouldn't they have his back? I doubt they could fight soldiers with their bibles....

What

LOL are you serious

The Lannisters are posers by now. They have no money, and no real political power, except through their alliance with the Tyrells, which is tenuous at best at the moment. I dont think Jaime was ever really strong as an army man either. I get this vibes that most of the gold cloaks only were dependable as long as they get gold and the rest of the army identified more with the likes of Ser Barristan. Jaime's nick is even Kingslayer, he doesn't really inspire a Generalhood :x

Maybe if Jaime returns with SOME knowledge of what's been happening, he'd have a slim chance at mobilizing something. But.... that's like a snowball's chance in hell.

:x

Apt101

The fact that Valyrian steel immediately shatters those dudes, it's sort of disappointing though.

At this point it renders fight scenes with them an either or situation: Either you have the steel and you instantly win, or you don't and there's nothing you can do.

Would've been nice if they were, yes, vulnerable to Valyrian steel, but not instantly exploding at the touch.

They're still super humanly powerful. John Snow won because he's top dog. Very few out there can fight like he can. He also seems to be one tough son of a bitch.

zeemumu

lol Same I was like dun eat it Sam that kid is out for revenge plane and simple... will always hate him for killin Ygritte

:*(

Well Ygritte did shoot his dad square in the back of the head right in front of him.

They're still super humanly powerful. John Snow won because he's top dog. Very few out there can fight like he can. He also seems to be one tough son of a bitch.

He's one of the few people actually trained to fight from the beginning before entering the watch. Most of the others didn't have a good swordsman like Ned to teach them to fight.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Jaime's shit against people that can fight well, but those faith dudes? He could still take a couple of them. If he could just use his brain and think to use his gold hand to parry incoming blows he'd be a lot stronger than he is now.

demolitio

I guess the wall is running out of magic to keep them out which is why they're coming back now? Maybe it revolved around the faith of the old gods and since their faith is shrinking, the time to strike is now. :p

It'd be funny if they could cause enough snow to fall that they can just walk right over the wall. It'd look a little like Boston this past winter.

Ya i feel same. It's like either too easy or too hard :< Wish they were more like "amazeballs nigh impossible" but not either 0 or 100.

Eos

had to watch it again

i gotta ask tho, those undead minions that got killed, can they be brought back again?

Jaime's shit against people that can fight well, but those faith dudes? He could still take a couple of them. If he could just use his brain and think to use his gold hand to parry incoming blows he'd be a lot stronger than he is now.

The Faith Militant has numbers though. They crowd their target easily, like when they confronted Littlefinger. Boy was he antsy lol

demolitio

had to watch it again

i gotta ask tho, those undead minions that got killed, can they be brought back again?

I'm assuming so since the others threw themselves over the damn mountain and broke into pieces just to reassemble.

Seems like you could temporarily take them out with normal weaponry but not finish them completely? They just had to wait for their WW overlord to resurrect them I think. :D

neoism

had to watch it again

if the dead kill you you come back.... not sure how you can even beat them.... even if the other side would win... they would always have losses... those losses turn..

edit: Just a general Undead rule (covering zombies, vampires, skeletons, wraiths etc. think of the wraiths in the Lord of the Rings not crossing water)

I'm not saying these are carved in stone.
I didn't really see what happened to the ones getting dumped in the water by the Giant ?

Ooooh ok.

To be honest, I was thinking more of pirates of the carribean when that dude nears the water. I was expecting they would just WALK. "Gents, take a walk". And walk under water.

But then, they would have done so at the Wall. So then I was ah well :< I guess they DO have to go the long way around to meet their next date with Jon Snu.

Furoba

So Wun Wun still got that dragon glass he didn't give back, right? If only he had thrown that into the winter king while he was raising his arms.

if the dead kill you you come back.... not sure how you can even beat them.... even if the other side would win... they would always have losses... those losses turn..

You burn them with DRAGON'S FIRE.

That means Dany will someday go to the North and that's how she will rule Westeros. She will marry Jon, and then the long lost Targaryen bloodline will rise again~

.... on that note, why doesnt she go and find more dragon eggs. i mean she had three as a gift originally, so... maybe there's still more eggs out there, even if they are SUPER RARE or something.

I've seen a few people mention Sam and I don't understand why, Olly should have absolutely no ill will towards Sam.

Sure, if they were all at the forefront of the battle. But how many of them are there? There could be a lot more that we haven't seen. Not to mention the fact that they would have to tear through an army of undead to get to them since some would probably stay behind the front line and since one of the white walkers can raise the dead, then every man lost is now also a new enemy. Also, we haven't seen what the other 3 on horses could do.

Lastly, Jon hit hard, if it was a regular man then he would have killed him just as easily. I think they would be too OP if it would take more than one swing of that power to take them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom