• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrqs

GI Cover tomorrow
4pi1OI0.png

Maybe the BossKey game that they were teasing for a long time now?

What was the driving factor behind the trainwreck behind FFXVs development? Was is story? Combat system? Director just sucking? All of the above?

I remember talk of FFXIII going through many different cycles too due to the combat system changing around so often , or some such.

But it's not been good lately for the main FF games

FFXIII was supposedly rocked by development troubles which caused the extra long dev cycle
FFXIV had to be completely redone once completed
FFXV goes through multiple revisions and indeed has to completely change directors to finally get on track

At this point I think them returning to just a pure traditional JRPG with FFXVI would do them good. FFX battle system, old school fantasy feel. All that. Let the team know the singular vision going in so they can concentrate on making it just as good as possible.

Engine/platform changes and the staff working on about 50 projects (including fixing the mess that was XIV) at the same time, thus it never went into full production.

In hindsight, it probably wasn't a smart idea to announce the game at E3 2013. It probably would've been best to just sit on it until things developed further, but I doubt even they were aware it'd end like this back then. It's actually fascinating really.

Could you give us something about that Nintendo thing, is shit that we have so many rumors about everyone but Nintendo, maybe they dont have megatons at all and the digital event is going to be full of already announced games

_Ryo_

New post, since I wrote more than I thought.

Here we go:

This is my wishlist from a while back. I've deleted games off it that I've talked about being in development in the past, and titles that people already know are in development (MM's new IP, GG's new IP, Gran Turismo etc.).

Here's the truth about this wishlist, when I posted it, about half of these games were probably going to show up at E3. Hence why I said in the post that I'll like E3 if even half of them show up. Now here's the thing, forget that. The when doesn't matter now. And that post is now meaningless with that kind of statement since I know what's happening generally, and the number doesn't fit due to some changes.

Instead, here's what I can tell you. All of the list is true, except for two games, which I can't vouch for. One of those games is actually coming to Nintendo, but that's second hand information, and I don't really know about it. The other hasn't even entered pre-production, and SCE is in talks about possibly getting something done with it. We'll have to see about that. But even without those two (and I won't say which two those are since if I do, I confirm something I don't want to), there's still a lot here.

I'll start you off. JRPG1 and JRPG2, which I've talked about several times, don't need any elaboration. You'll know both soon enough. JRPG3 is in pre-production at the moment, and is something that should appeal to fans. This will be announced in 2016, at the earliest, I would assume. They've only just started picking things up this year. JRPG4 is much further away. This will be a more significant title, but you're not hearing about this anytime soon. This is towards the end of the generation. JRPG5 is similar to a title that you already know about. Also, a late generation title.

That's your Sony exclusive JRPGs which SCEJ/A is going to be involved in some shape or form over the next five years. Nice, isn't it? I don't think you have to worry about any of them being cancelled. But don't expect to hear of the latter three anytime soon, but I'm sure it'll look more believable once JRPG1/JRPG2 are announced since those are up first, and hey, we're not that far now.

To ruin some SE stuff.

FF7 spin-off. Real. Not AAA, but it'll be good. No one is going to complain. Current gen. Square Enix crossover is PS4 exclusive. I don't mean Musou. New Parasite Eve is pretty straightforward. A new PE game.

Monster Hunter PS4, I think I was caught by Chobel in January when I posted it, and edited it. But it's been leaked from the looks of it anyway. That's your upcoming MH PS4 game. However, it's not the only one. SCEJ/A has been discussing with Capcom about bringing more Monster Hunter to PS4 for a while, and for the most part, the only thing I can say is things are looking pretty good on that front. Please be excited. Although, check your expectations a little if you're expecting some massive effort. We're just fitting in what exists, rather than trying to create something new.

The new Naval RPG is a western game. Big publisher, big budget. And I think that's about enough.

All sounds like bullshit, doesn't it? That's good. If it sounds too believable, it'd be no fun.

HMM

But didn't you already say you'd lie to build hype ? This could just be a huge troll.

Also, it amounts to only 2 JRPGS showing at E3 or even this year from Sony. Right?

Ray Down

Banned
Could you give us something about that Nintendo thing, is shit that we have so many rumors about everyone but Nintendo, maybe they dont have megatons at all and the digital event is going to be full of already announced games

Pretty sure he was alluding to Diddy Kong Racing or Xenosaga HD.

Servbot24

Banned
What was the driving factor behind the trainwreck that is FFXVs development? Was is story? Combat system? Director just sucking? All of the above?

I remember talk of FFXIII going through many different cycles too due to the combat system changing around so often , or some such.

But it's not been good lately for the main FF games

FFXIII was supposedly rocked by development troubles which caused the extra long dev cycle
FFXIV had to be completely redone once completed
FFXV goes through multiple revisions and indeed has to completely change directors to finally get on track

At this point I think them returning to just a pure traditional JRPG with FFXVI would do them good. FFX battle system, old school fantasy feel. All that. Let the team know the singular vision going in so they can concentrate on making it just as good as possible.

My guess is that it's just the creative directors being given too much free reign. Creatives tend to tire of their own work quickly (something I definitely identify with). Sometimes having a publisher breathing down their necks is necessary.

If Sony don't cancel any of their Jrpg collaborations and follow through their visions for each of those projects, I will be overjoyed. Of course they need to be good..but still gives us ps4 owning jrpg fans something to look forward to over the coming years.

Verendus

Banned
The game on that list that might be for Nintendo isn't for Wii U or 3DS as I understand it. It's for their next platform, and the reason I came to learn about it, is because I'm aware they approached the publisher to get something done, and that was the title that ended up being talked about between them. The issue is, I don't actually know if it's something they're really going through with. If they do, it's pretty noteworthy.

That list isn't for E3 though. Well, some of the original list certainly is, but a lot of these games aren't. That Nintendo title, if they're doing it, would likely show up next year or beyond.

paolo11

Verundus, JRPG1 and JRPG2 is Dragon Quest 11 and Final Fantasy 7 remake, right?

Will we hear about Devil May Cry 5 this year?

would anyone of you (before this gen started) think that Sony would get a deal with Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest for the Ps4? I think nobody was expecting these franchises to land on the home conole of Sony

We get Dragon Quest Heroes, a Remaster and probably DQ 11 on Ps4 and now even some Monster Hunter Games...This is crazy & shows how Sony is giving everything they got, to push the japanese sales.

If the Ps4 stil is a flop after this gen in japan, nobody can blame Sony for not trying everyting

The game on that list that might be for Nintendo isn't for Wii U or 3DS as I understand it. It's for their next platform, and the reason I came to learn about it, is because I'm aware they approached the publisher to get something done, and that was the title that ended up being talked about between them. The issue is, I don't actually know if it's something they're really going through with. If they do, it's pretty noteworthy.

That list isn't for E3 though. Well, some of the original list certainly is, but a lot of these games aren't. That Nintendo title, if they're doing it, would likely show up next year or beyond.

OK, that atleast gives us some clue about NX being a home console tho , thanks.

would anyone of you (before this gen started) think that Sony would get a deal with Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest for the Ps4? I think nobody was expecting these franchises to land on the home console of Sony

does it count if I was wishing for MH on any PS Platform since MH Tri?

LuuKyK

Is there a post with a summary of all your info Verendus?

Well I did this a couple pages back (its mixed with my own predictions, but its basically what Verendus said, just simplified):

Ok, I am bored so lets summarize this.

Full Verendus list:

- all happening except two, which are maybes;

- of those two, one might end up with Nintendo and the other with Sony;

---------- // -------------

- these are the confirmed ones:

JRPG #1 - happening, sony, well known, more soon - Level-5 JRPG?

JRPG #2 - happening, sony, well known, more soon - ?

JRPG #3 - pre-prodcution, sony, appeal to fans, announcement 2016 - ?

JRPG #4 - far away, sony, significant - ?

JRPG #5 - far away, sony, similar to something we already have - ?

FF7 spin-off - happening, not AAA, appealing

Square Enix crossover game - PS4, not Dissidia.

New Parasite Eve - happening, straightforward

Monster Hunter PS4 - happening, might be more than one game

New Naval RPG - happening, western devs, big pub, big budget

---------------- // -------------------

That leaves us with these:

New Shadow Hearts - would be my bet to be one of the two not happening. Could end up with Sony.

Final Fantasy spin-off RPG - not type-1, "a game no one would guess".

New SE console RPG IP - Possible.

Final Fantasy X spin-off - There were talks of a new X game already, there were even stuff oficially revealed as "not used" stuff for a sequel IIRC. So possible.

FF6 remake - Would be my second bet to not happening. Could end up with Nintendo on 3DS or something.

DMC5 - Possible.

New Capcom TPS IP (Because we need more TPS) - Possible.

New EA IP - Obvious.

New Ubisoft IP - Obvious.

New Prince of Persia - Possible.

New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP - Possible.

New Sega Action/Adventure IP - Possible.

New Marvel Action/Adventure title - Could be a port of Marvel Heroes?

New Soul Calibur - Possible, tere was even a pool recently.

New Rockstar IP - About time.

JazzmanZ

Well I did this a couple pages back (its mixed with my own predictions, but its basically what Verendus said, just simplified):

Thank you.

Couldn't the Square Enix crossover game just be Kingdom hearts 1.5/2.5 port? I know there was some possible desire to do that.

Hyunashi

Id still like to play ff7 crisis core on my ps4. Hopefully type 0 sold welll enough on 4 for square to consider

Im sure it sold reasonable for PS4, XB1 ... im not so sure.
And yes sign me up for CC (and even DoC) - id love to play the whole collection, its been quite some time since my last playthrough haha

New post, since I wrote more than I thought.

Here we go:

This is my wishlist from a while back. I've deleted games off it that I've talked about being in development in the past, and titles that people already know are in development (MM's new IP, GG's new IP, Gran Turismo etc.).

Here's the truth about this wishlist, when I posted it, about half of these games were probably going to show up at E3. Hence why I said in the post that I'll like E3 if even half of them show up. Now here's the thing, forget that. The when doesn't matter now. And that post is now meaningless with that kind of statement since I know what's happening generally, and the number doesn't fit due to some changes.

Instead, here's what I can tell you. All of the list is true, except for two games, which I can't vouch for. One of those games is actually coming to Nintendo, but that's second hand information, and I don't really know about it. The other hasn't even entered pre-production, and SCE is in talks about possibly getting something done with it. We'll have to see about that. But even without those two (and I won't say which two those are since if I do, I confirm something I don't want to), there's still a lot here.

I'll start you off. JRPG1 and JRPG2, which I've talked about several times, don't need any elaboration. You'll know both soon enough. JRPG3 is in pre-production at the moment, and is something that should appeal to fans. This will be announced in 2016, at the earliest, I would assume. They've only just started picking things up this year. JRPG4 is much further away. This will be a more significant title, but you're not hearing about this anytime soon. This is towards the end of the generation. JRPG5 is similar to a title that you already know about. Also, a late generation title.

That's your Sony exclusive JRPGs which SCEJ/A is going to be involved in some shape or form over the next five years. Nice, isn't it? I don't think you have to worry about any of them being cancelled. But don't expect to hear of the latter three anytime soon, but I'm sure it'll look more believable once JRPG1/JRPG2 are announced since those are up first, and hey, we're not that far now.

To ruin some SE stuff.

FF7 spin-off. Real. Not AAA, but it'll be good. No one is going to complain. Current gen. Square Enix crossover is PS4 exclusive. I don't mean Musou. New Parasite Eve is pretty straightforward. A new PE game.

Monster Hunter PS4, I think I was caught by Chobel in January when I posted it, and edited it. But it's been leaked from the looks of it anyway. That's your upcoming MH PS4 game. However, it's not the only one. SCEJ/A has been discussing with Capcom about bringing more Monster Hunter to PS4 for a while, and for the most part, the only thing I can say is things are looking pretty good on that front. Please be excited. Although, check your expectations a little if you're expecting some massive effort. We're just fitting in what exists, rather than trying to create something new.

The new Naval RPG is a western game. Big publisher, big budget. And I think that's about enough.

All sounds like bullshit, doesn't it? That's good. If it sounds too believable, it'd be no fun.

So, MH PS4, Parasite Eve and Final Fantasy7 spin-off are the only concrete things here.

I sure wish someone would keep track of all the Verendus rumours as I am sure none of the unexpected ones come to pass.

FelipeMGM

Yes it truly is. It's really hard to keep track of the community here, a lot of people are saying a lot of things all the time. I barely do any posts, i enjoy reading tho.

And yes, i'm @MarquesZero, really glad you recognize me, didn't though it would happen haha!

Very cool dude, welcome to the best part of the internet

Kinda of

My guess would be the pirate IP (Ubisoft Black flag spin off) and EA IP showing up this year, alongside one Sony JRPG and maybe Square new IP as well.

Sega and Rockstar wont be at E3 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom