• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On which of the three?.
2WZDt0f.gif

Lemondish

Your reasoning its just damn stupid. There's a lot young kids who play smash that even know about earthbound , kid Icarus, and ice climbers. And some actually got curious enough to look into those series.

Those characters are only relevant because of smash. Nobody cares about them outside of that.

Which suggests that a good game can bring exposure to long lost franchises.

Let's start by making the good game part happen before we go crazy with the roster requests.

BY2K

Membero Americo
E3 Conference Listed by Hype Level

1. Nintendo
2. Sony
3. Square-Enix
4. Bethesda
5. EA
6. PC Gaming
7. Microsoft
8. Ubisoft

v1lla21

GamerJM

Banned

1. Nintendo
2. Sony
3. Square-Enix
4. Bethesda
5. EA
6. PC Gaming
7. Microsoft
8. Ubisoft

1. Nintendo
2. Sony
3. Microsoft
4. Square
5. PC gaming conference
6. EA
7. Ubisoft
8. Bethesda

Sony and Microsoft are basically reversible. Nintendo is far above everything else.
The reason Bethesda is bottom is because they've never published a game I've enjoyed.

I-hate-u

I think Nintendo always have B+ conference.

This is the weird year for them where they are stuck with old hardware with not a lot of games announced yet. So logically, you would think they would blow their lid and show the awesome games they have been working on for the Wii U coming in the next 12-18 months.

But, what about NX? How are they going to divide the resources between the two? Have they internally started to focus on NX, and phasing out the Wii U games? With the exception of Zelda and Starfox of course.

Edit: However, they said they won't talk about NX this year. So who the hell knows this enigma of a company will show.

GamerJM

Banned
This is the weird year for them where they are stuck with old hardware with not a lot of games announced yet. So logically, you would think they would blow their lid and show the awesome games they have been working on for the Wii U coming in the next 12-18 months.

But, what about NX? How are they going to divide the resources between the two? Have they internally started to focus on NX, and phasing out the Wii U games? With the exception of Zelda and Starfox of course.

I think so but I think they're still going to have some Wii U/3DS surprises.

The biggest thing I'm excited about from them is just the show they put on. Theirs last year was great and extremely well presented.

Sagroth

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 announced in the morning. Everything good from the 1st, but a deeper combat system and a larger roster. Sorry xmen and fantastic four fans, you'll have to play it without them.

let me dream in peace

Don't play with my emotions like that, damn you.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Then, Shin comes and say that he was joking
"OR WAS HE"

Even more the Sony, Nintendo is the one with the most cards held to its chest. Who knows what they will show.

I'd say Sony has the most held to their chest when consider how many of their studios still haven't shown anything for the PS4. I mean GT is their biggest IP and we still haven't seen anything for it on the PS4.

v1lla21

Alright, alright, Enough with my shenanigans. Here's my 100 Percent 2legit2quit expectations/ wishes for Sony's E3:

-New UC4 trailer showing off the main characters.
-UC4 demo. Now I don't really care if it's from the SP or MP. I believe we'll get mp demo due to the beta being included in the UC collection.
-New Ratchet & Clank trailer with release date along with movie details.
-I expect Horizon to make an appearance. Probably a short in-engine trailer. Besides basic details, we won't be getting more info until PSX or next year's E3.
-we get an on-stage demo for NMS. Many new things are shown off and Sean also hits us with a release date.
-Morpheus price is announced along with some of the games that will support it at launch. I find this to be unlikely to happen, but here's hoping?
-Indie reel with new partnerships announced. We also get a release date for long awaited games such as Rime, The Witness, and Galak-Z
-SFV on-stage demo with character reveals including PS' 1st party characters.
-3rd party games showcase with a few surprises thrown in. I don't really care for this part. I know I'm buying Battlefront on day 1. Same goes for Need for Speed.
-Driveclub gets a second season pass to go along side the continued development and release of the PS+ version.
-GT7 shows up. We don't get much besides a 2016 release.
-And finally, the show ends with TLG. We get a 3 minute trailer. I don't want to hazard a guess at anything else to do with TLG as I don't think I'll be able to take it. Lol.

Outta left field dreams:
We get a Crash trailer.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 or Marvel Heroes announced.
New Wipeout Title.
We get a glimpse at Agent.
Valve announces HL3 will be PS4 Exclusive.

klaushm

But, what about NX? How are they going to divide the resources between the two? Have they internally started to focus on NX, and phasing out the Wii U games? However, they said they won't talk about NX this year. So who the hell knows this enigma of a company will show.

With NX been a piece of hardware is about dividing they resource on 3 damn platforms. 3DS, WiiU and NX.
If that's the case, it would be better to kill WiiU beforehand, because that strategy would kill both WiiU and NX.
The only way it would be an hardware, if it's plays Wii and WiiU games. Which still sounds like a bad idea...

It is more plausible to be an system/service, right?
It's rumored to be runing Android(?) and have a new controller(with changeable pads).

Couldn't it be that it's a system were you plug your phone in the controller case, connects to the system and starts to play?
I'm imagining a system based on Android/Linux, using a service like Google Play but made by Nintendo with it's library for sale, using stream service.

Too much of a dream to belive? Great. Don't belive me. I lie all the time.
Edit: It's just a rumor, and an idea I said. Don't get me serious, but it's a possibility.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It seems abundantly obvious to me that TLG will be there in some form. I mean, it has to be. Unless random Sony execs have been straight up lying, then LOL.

edit: I mean about it's existence, not directly about its appearance.

It seems abundantly obvious to me that TLG will be there in some form. I mean, it has to be. Unless random Sony execs have been straight up lying, then LOL.

None of them have said that it would be there, so they wouldn't be lying if it doesn't appear. The last time we saw this game was in 2011 through the ICO/SotC disc. People have literally been expecting it at every single show since. You're only setting yourself up for a disappointment if you're expecting it to be there. That doesn't meant that it won't be at E3, but I don't think that there's any real reason to expect it to be there.

Fracas

#fuckonami
None of them have said that it would be there, so they wouldn't be lying if it doesn't appear. The last time we saw this game was in 2011 through the ICO/SotC disc. People have literally been expecting it at every single show since. You're only setting yourself up for a disappointment if you're expecting it to be there. That doesn't meant that it won't be at E3, but I don't think that there's any real reason to expect it to be there.

Bah, it's late, sorry. I meant the constant reminder that it's still a thing rather than mentioning a specific trade show appearance.

Some of you really overestimate Type-0's appeal. The comparison to Kingdom Hearts is very off base. It was a port of a portable game that has little draw outside of the FFXV demo, which I'm sure most casuals didn't know about.

Elandyll

Banned

Imo there are more reasons to think it'll be there in some form (even if only a teaser) than not. Wasn't there an indication that it was pulled at the last minute last E3? (or was it TGS?).

After Ueda's departure, the switch to PS4 and the focus on titles like Knack for Launch and Bloodborne (with From) or Tomorrow Children (with Q games) afterwards, not sure why the title would be pushed yet another year (unless some still subscribe to the theory that Sony is lying for the sake of it when saying the title is still in development, which is beyond asinine).

v1lla21

Yup, I think the time is just right. PS4 has been out for almost 2 years. What if Sony's fall lineup for 2015 was made thin intentionally just to push TLG as their heavy hitter!
Tin_foil_hat_2.png

1. Nintendo
2. Sony
3. Square-Enix
4. Bethesda
5. EA
6. PC Gaming
7. Microsoft
8. Ubisoft

You know, in a certain way I'm almost equally hyped for ALL of the conferences this year. For different reasons.

Nintendo - My main fling. Whatever happens here, I'm almost guaranteed to be on board for. Even more exciting is how much we DON'T know about it. Maybe Retro's new thing is here! Maybe Metroid's got a comeback in it! Maybe they're making Tetris Amiibo! Literally anything is possible, which is what makes it so exciting.

Microsoft - My side-bitch, as it were. Honestly, I think I picked up a ONE entirely based on their E3 showing last year. The promise of Tomb Raider, Crackdown, Cuphead, and more were all super exciting - I really want to see how those cards play out.

Sony - The flirty girl next door. Since they seem to be snatching up every exclusive marketing agreement on the books, Sony seems like it'll be this year's official third party showcase, plus the resolution of GAF's countless bets on TLG & other Sony exclusives.

EA - That girl who was really nice back in High School, became a stone-cold bitch shortly after, but has since been showing a sweeter side. Cautious optimism defines this conference. Mirror's Edge 2, Visceral's Star Wars, Criterion's new thing, and new BioWare IP could all be my game of E3. At the same time, they could bury me in sports nonsense & downright evil business practices. I'm scared. And excited.

Square - The girl who I think I might love, but keeps dating total pricks. Square, you hold the keys to some of last gen's most exciting properties. Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex, Hitman, Just Cause, and more. So PLEASE stop trying to shove those keys into doors that don't fit them (mobile, F2P), or trying to open my door with the shitty Japaneese keys that haven't done the job in a decade and holy shit this sub-metaphor has gotten out of hand.

Bethesda - The girl everyone won't shut up about. With some of the biggest, most impressive assets to show. Fallout 4. Doom. Dishonored 2, probably. It's gonna be a hot, hot show.

Ubisoft - The drunk mess. Oh Ubisoft. There are plenty of companies who I will watch for genuine hype - only to revel in their stupid ironic value. You are the only one I watch in active search of trainwrecks. Bring out another dance game, years after the fad has died. Get some wierd-ass lazer tag clone out there. Bring James Cameron on stage to talk for literally half an hour about something. Then top it all off with some absurdly ambitious title that everybody knows will fall flat on its' damn face at launch. (Yet despite all this, I'm enjoying Black Flag & think Seige might be dope. But still, I'm coming for the cringe).

PC Gaming Showcase - The new drunk mess. A total unknown - three hours of conference for a random assortment of publishers and indies - without the presence of the one company that actually unites them (Blizzard exempt). I'm walking in expecting a disaster, yet the unknown element means my GOTY could be buried in this dumb thing.

Tomeru

Why are there people excited for Nintendo's conference? I thought they don't have one, just their normal online streaming stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom