• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake’s Story Could Deviate from the Original

When asked if the remake, in development for PlayStation 4, will follow the Final Fantasy VII narrative exactly or feature new elements, director Tetsuya Nomura gave GameSpot an ambiguous answer.

“We’ve announced an HD port version on the PlayStation 4, and then we have the remake coming to PS4,” Nomura said through a translator. “You’ll have this extremely, very, very pretty FFVII existing on the same plane. We feel that if that happens, it’s like, why have the same exact game?

“We think that if a game is on a certain platform and that platform becomes obsolete, then we’d recommend playing the new port version,” he added.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-s-story-could-deviate-from-/1100-6428247/

image.php

Yuffie and Vincent will become mandatory probably. Some quests might be added, and
Aeris might actually survive
though that will deviate too much from FFVII's story.

Sephzilla

change for the sake of change isn't good change.

That being said, they should just give you a toggle at the start of the game to decide if you want to play the classic story or remastered story

Edzi

I'm... possibly okay with this.

Yeah, depends how they do it. I think integrating bits of the crisis core plot would be cool, but I hope they don't change anything major that affects the feel or tone of the game. I'd also prefer if they stayed with the original not so emo Cloud.

DOWN

Banned
I'm not seeing the line that prompted a story-related title. Seems like they reference modern features.

Vlaphor

Here's the new major change.

First,
Aeris dies
, then
she
comes back as a zombie and merges with Jenova to form the final boss. After you defeat New/Jenova ( / added because that's what Square Enix would want),
she
redies.

There, there's an entirely plausible new direction. Also, I am very tired.

Top Bottom