• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakefoo

Mockup revised. Made everything higher resolution, put the new power/eject buttons on it, and had some fun with reflections.

First, the old one:

28jlity.jpg

Now, the new one!

2mr74o2.jpg

Machado

cakefoo said:
Mockup revised. Made everything higher resolution, put the new power/eject buttons on it, and had some fun with reflections.

First, the old one:

28jlity.jpg

Now, the new one!

2mr74o2.jpg

this is great...slim FTW

MGR

cakefoo said:

First, the old one:

Now, the new one!

Bravo good sir!

Waaaay too much time on your hands. ;-)

noah111

Still Alive
cakefoo said:
First, the old one:
http://i31.tinypic.com/28jlity.jpg[img]
Now, the new one!
[IMG] http://i28.tinypic.com/241m2io.jpg
applause.gif

You never cease to amaze me. :D Very well done, looks better than the original in terms of the surface material (matte looks matte, shiny plastic looks shiny etc), new buttons look accurate for what little we have seen of them as well.. the 'SONY' logo also looks better as it is a bit smaller which seems more like the real shots.

Generally speaking, we have obtained the PS3 slim model shots before Sony even took them. :lol

Well done bro.

cakefoo said:
Ugh, I keep finding flaws every time I upload and am about to post...

Spot the difference:

http://i28.tinypic.com/241m2io.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol I didn't even pay attention to that, though you think the PS logo is a bit too small? Maybe that's just me.

expy

Banned
cakefoo said:
You don't sound too confident :p

I think you're right. v2.2:

It'll never be finished :p

I still think they may use the spidey font "PS3" logo. I don't think they'll switch fonts on the slim version.

noah111

Still Alive
cakefoo said:
I think you're right. v2.2:
http://i27.tinypic.com/9zyuyw.jpg[IMG]
It'll never be finished :P[/QUOTE]
I think it's near perfect now. [spoiler]it will never be finished[/spoiler] :lol

[QUOTE=demosthenes]Why did the PS logo above the disc drive rotate? :o[/QUOTE]
Because it can, do you own a PS3? :D

Egmont

Neo Member
Audioboxer said:
Don't think anyone picked up on these

WHSmith selling PS3 fat for £200 - http://www.ghoststorm.co.uk/?p=2426

WHSmith commenting on 'new products' from Sony behind their stock clearance - http://www.ghoststorm.co.uk/?p=2750

If anyone has a WHSmith near them selling a PS3 for £200, that's a steal. Article is over a week old though, I suspect no stock in sight at that price by now.

That 299$ price point for the Slim is looking more and more probable with every tidbit we get.

Totobeni said:
Homoarakhan font was there years before Spiderman movies .

but the third movie was pure garbage shit , and it was Sony Picture's fault ( not Sam Raimi I wuv the man ) Sony Picture is sister company of SCE , and SCE used Homoarakhan font on PS3 too , so we Spiderman 1/2 fans can blame and hate the font on PS3 because the shit that was Spider-man 3 , this is pure logic .

wtf?

i really liked SM3, it caught the spirit of the comic really well. it was cheesy at times, sure, but so is the comic.

SM3 >> the dark knight.

at least spiderman knows he's wearing like a spider and doesn't take himself too serious like batman does. seeing a gritty movie with a man dressed like a rat with wings who talks about morality and shit is really sad.

Hesemonni

Banned
demosthenes said:
No sales tax in the UK :O?
Here in the civilized world the prices shown are required by law to include VAT. Ie. The price consumer sees at the shelves is the price consumer pays at the counter.

demosthenes said:
No sales tax in the UK :O?

I always laugh when people look dumbfounded like we don't pay taxes. It's the same in Australia, its the law for all displayed prices to be GST (Goods and Services Tax) inclusive. The price on the tag is the price we pay at the checkout.

pseudocaesar said:
I always laugh when people look dumbfounded like we don't pay taxes. It's the same in Australia, its the law for all displayed prices to be GST (Goods and Services Tax) inclusive. The price on the tag is the price we pay at the checkout.

The way it should be.

I have absolutely no idea why in America you have to wait till checkout to see final price, it's just... backwards?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Audioboxer said:
The way it should be.

I have absolutely no idea why in America you have to wait till checkout to see final price, it's just... backwards?

Nasty surprise as a tourist on my first visit to America. Although nice that a lot of the larger stores waive this if you present a passport.

gofreak said:
Nasty surprise as a tourist on my first visit to America. Although nice that a lot of the larger stores waive this if you present a passport.

Oh I've been to the states in almost double figures now, I can pretty much add the 7% tax whilst looking at the product, but I genuinely have no idea why it's done that way...

But yes, my first visit there when I went to buy AvP I think it was (old PC game, awesome awesome game), I only took the correct (what the shelf said) amount to the till :lol

Audioboxer said:
Oh I've been to the states in almost double figures now, I can pretty much add the 7% tax whilst looking at the product, but I genuinely have no idea why it's done that way...

But yes, my first visit there when I went to buy AvP I think it was (old PC game, awesome awesome game), I only took the correct (what the shelf said) amount to the till :lol

You know sales tax varies by state right?

New York is almost 9%

Where as Nevada is 0%

demosthenes said:
You know sales tax varies by state right?

New York is almost 9%

Where as Nevada is 0%

I've been to Florida for like 9 straight years :p I can't even remember if it was down to 6-6.5% this year, I think it might of been.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Sales tax varies at the state and local level, and not all goods are taxed.

I know!!! I've been 9 years :p

Audioboxer said:
The way it should be.

Sales tax varies at the state and local level, and not all goods are taxed.

AndyD

aka andydumi
pseudocaesar said:
So you guys wouldn't actually pay 299 for a 299 PS3?

Nope. Here in Tennessee, the tax is 9.25 or so, so it would actually be closer to 330. But we do have Amazon which is tax free.

gcubed

states have different tax rates, cities have different tax rates, and if you order online, some places dont charge sales tax. Not sure why its a hard concept to grasp. Its just easier for companies to price it at the base price for use all over the country instead of having to take every state or even some cities taxes into account.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Where I live, one shop across the street charges 8.25% tax, the shop on the other side charges 8.00%. (county line)

I saved a couple pennies!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
AndyD said:
Nope. Here in Tennessee, the tax is 9.25 or so, so it would actually be closer to 330. But we do have Amazon which is tax free.

:( poor amazon is not tax free anymore , many states forced amazon to charge taxes ,like New Yor , Kansas, Kentucky, North Dakota and Washington.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Graphics Horse said:
There can't be that many stores where the shelving stretches across state boundaries.
Most ads are national, different counties and cities within states have different tax rates, etc.

Woz

Graphics Horse said:
There can't be that many stores where the shelving stretches across state boundaries.
Yeah, pretty much... I don't understand why stores cant put the final price on shelves... ok for price on global advertising, but at least at the store give a clue to the customer.

°°ToMmY°° said:
wtf?

SM3 >> the dark knight.

at least spiderman knows he's wearing like a spider and doesn't take himself too serious like batman does. seeing a gritty movie with a man dressed like a rat with wings who talks about morality and shit is really sad.

...Joke...post?

Goldrusher

gcubed said:
states have different tax rates, cities have different tax rates, and if you order online, some places dont charge sales tax. Not sure why its a hard concept to grasp. Its just easier for companies to price it at the base price for use all over the country instead of having to take every state or even some cities taxes into account.
15% in the UK.
16% in Spain.
18% in Malta.
19% in the Netherlands.
19.6% in France.
20% in Italy.
21% in Belgium.
21.5% in Ireland.
22% in Finland.
25% in Denmark.

Just to name a few.

gcubed

Goldrusher said:
15% in the UK.
16% in Spain.
18% in Malta.
19% in the Netherlands.
19.6% in France.
20% in Italy.
21% in Belgium.
21.5% in Ireland.
22% in Finland.
25% in Denmark.

Just to name a few.

well then. :)

anyway, yeah the ps3 slim. Its almost August... are people still expecting the real price drop to hit by Madden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom