• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 - Coming 2015 - PS3/PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

squall23

That's what I'm saying. Why bother bringing out the PS3 version of the game, when you can just simply just bring over the PS4 version & possibly get even more PS4 console sales by forcing people to buy a PS4 if they want to play a certain game?
Because Sony doesn't own Atlus and it's not Atlus's job to sell a certain company's hardware? Atlus is there for their own (and Sega's) sake.

Besides, the base of the game is the PS3 version, PS4 version's the port.

Don't use niche JRPGs to justify your $400 console purchase. The PS3 version exists, and Atlus is smart to bring it over to get P5 into as many hands as possible. They get $60 either way.

artsi

It seems like the new trailer could hit the web as soon as the next ~12 hours.

Persona Magazine doesn't seem to hold much info according to the cover, "We'll investigate three keywords related to Persona 5".

VFiJOe7.jpg

Lingitiz

Persona Magazine doesn't seem to hold much info according to the cover, "We'll investigate three keywords related to Persona 5".
Didn't realize it would be that soon. Hype!

Miang

*waits patiently*

Think we'll see any new characters? Or is it still a bit far away for that? This is the first Persona game I've really followed the marketing for so I dont know how they usually do it.

Maybe it is a good moment to start with 3 or 4. I was pretty hyped about this game due to the lack of JRPG's for PS4, but who knows if I will like it (I'm unsure about the social sim part). I guess the previous ones should give me an approximate idea about how this one can be.

artsi

*waits patiently*

Think we'll see any new characters? Or is it still a bit far away for that? This is the first Persona game I've really followed the marketing for so I dont know how they usually do it.

Can't really say, the Persona 4 PV back then was ridiculously long and spoiled shitton of stuff.
I doubt they'll be showing as much this time but a glimpse of new characters would be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTEzRYNNkeE

I'm surprised by the lack of marketing. I feel like if atlus improved the dungeons, added character/clothing customization and made the towns just slightly more open persona would be massive in the west. Even without these features i think P5 will still be pretty big, but there's such untapped potential.

Mikey Jr.

I honestly thought this would be at e3. I was betting on it. E3 seems like a great place to push the game to become more mainstream in na. But now they're just going to release a trailer online? Weak.

artsi

I honestly thought this would be at e3. I was betting on it. E3 seems like a great place to push the game to become more mainstream in na. But now they're just going to release a trailer online? Weak.

It'll be online too (through a leak first, probably) but P4D is releasing with the new trailer on a bonus disc, which is Atlus Japan's strategy for their domestic market to both increase P4D sales and promote P5.
They also have magazines, live streams etc. to promote the game and it's already well known in Japan, so they don't think E3 as that important.

Unfortunately the timing of the P4D release is bad and Atlus USA was forced to miss E3 (with the new trailer), since they just have to follow in Japan's footsteps.

Zareka

Yeah I hope they don't spoil too much - I'm far too weak willed to go on blackout so I'd just watch everything haha. But I definitely want to see the other party members.
I hope it's not too in depth either. This stuff is gonna be all over Twitter and the like so there's no way I'll be able to completely avoid it. I want to keep at least some party members a surprise but I can't see that happening.

SSReborn

Hypee! I don't know why but I was thinking i'd have to wait until the weeks end.

artsi

Hypee! I don't know why but I was thinking i'd have to wait until the weeks end.

Yep, assuming no one leaks it it'll be out in 2 days, but retailers should be getting stock tomorrow and there's a lot of Japanese fans waiting for it. All it takes is one guy with an early copy to get it online.

FluxWaveZ

That cover's been out for more than a week now, but what makes you say that it'll be within the next ~12 (now ~8) hours? Due to potential leaks? I don't know about that.

artsi

That cover's been out for more than a week now, but what makes you say that it'll be within the next ~12 (now ~8) hours? Due to potential leaks? I don't know about that.

Not within, but starting from, it's just until morning in Japan.

There's just chatter about retailers getting distribution tomorrow so should be a good chance that someone gets a copy under the counter.

Although it's possible that people are too afraid of Atlus death curse to share anything, but we'll see.
Also might be that Atlus has taken additional measures to prevent leaks with the special content this time.

Jachaos

Maybe it is a good moment to start with 3 or 4. I was pretty hyped about this game due to the lack of JRPG's for PS4, but who knows if I will like it (I'm unsure about the social sim part). I guess the previous ones should give me an approximate idea about how this one can be.

It should give you an approximate idea indeed. Gameplay has come a long way since the PS2 versions (P3P on PSP and P4G on PS Vita both brought many improvements to modernize fusion and other mechanics that felt a bit dated) but the basis of fusing Persona and daily life should still be the core of the game.

It won't tell you much about plot, themes and other such aspects as they were pretty varied and we can only expect Persona 5 to be as big a departure as Persona 4 was from Persona 3. Same goes for tone - Persona 3 and 4 were different in that regard. I love the music in both games both the soundtrack themselves are also quite varied. Persona 5 should be yet again a departure in tone, plot, themes, soundtrack and more. Which is what's so nice about it. You can play P3 and P4 and get what the modern entries into the serie are about without feeling like you know anything about Persona 5.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm just happy it's hitting this year. That makes me incredibly happy. I can't remember if it's worldwide, or just in Japan.

Persona 4 is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, and turned me into a Persona fan for life. I played Golden on the Vita, and fell in love with the series.

Is anyone expecting a release date popup at the end of the trailer? Unless they do another livestream this will be the last major event before TGS, so they'd be cutting marketing tight if they were to announce a 2015 release date there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom