• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5: The Phantom X launching in China in April 2024 (no word on a global release yet)

giphy.gif

Perfect World Games has announced that their upcoming free-to-play mobile game, in collaboration with Atlus, Persona 5: The Phantom X, will be released in China on April 12, 2024. There is currently no word on whether this title will officially greet Western audiences.

Persona 5: The Phantom X is being developed by Perfect World Games, the same developers behind Tower of Fantasy. There is no word on a global release for this title, but considering the scale of the Persona series in recent years, we’ll likely see it appear overseas at some point; it’s just a matter of when. The title features brand-new characters, though it seems familiar faces will return. Plus, the new characters also have Phantom Thief attire, so the roots of Persona 5 have been retained.

Persona 5: The Phantom X will feature new music by Lyn and it has achieved over two million pre-registrations, with new artwork shared by Shigenori Soejima.

Doom85

They've also released a new key visual with this occasion:

p8ilxaon70pc1.jpeg

I Cant Steve Harvey GIF

These are actual good character designs that could have been used for Persona 6. I don’t have anything against all gacha games (Honkai Star Rail has been one of the best JRPGs of the last few years), but this feels like a waste.

I’m certainly now glad a friend of mine has never played Persona. Owls are easily her favorite animal, if she found out a game series she enjoyed could have had its next main entry use an owl as the animal party member but instead they did this, she’d be all:

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

By the way, P5X should be getting a global release as well, at least that's what Midori claimed a few weeks back and I tend to believe her since she has a very good track record with SEGA/Atlus leaks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom