• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5: The Phantom X - Heart Stealing Test Announce Trailer | Begins January 16 in China

The third closed beta test—the “Heart Stealing Test”—for Persona 5: The Phantom X will run from January 16 to 31 in China, publisher Perfect World Games and developer Black Wings Game Studio announced. It will run across iOS, Android, and PC. Registration is available here until January 12.

Persona 5: The Phantom X is in development for PC, iOS, and Android. Currently, a release has only been confirmed for China.

saintjules

I am sure that it is coming west but it may stick to mobile and PC. Hope it comes to PS5.

I always find that weird. It's like you have a fanbase of players who would most likely never touch mobile platform based games. A majority of players obviously played on Console.

If you want people to follow the Universe of P5, why alienate by making a whole new title where it's away from where the main series has been on?

Last edited:
I always find that weird. It's like you have a fanbase of players who would most likely never touch mobile platform based games. A majority of players obviously played on Console.

If you want people to follow the Universe of P5, why alienate by making a whole new title where it's away from where the main series has been on?
Why didn't Phantasy Star Online 2, which had an English translation, ever come west? Why didn't Dead or Alive Venus Vacation or whatever it's called ever come west? Who the hell knows why they make these decisions? Maybe this is a game that needs more small updates and the update certification process on consoles is too onerous and expensive.

Looks like they've added new characters (4 in total in this trailer). Oh and it appears they've added jiggle physics as well. 👀

p5x.gif

TheAssist

Looks pretty amazing to me. Hope it comes out here as well. I cant put my fingers on it, but the atmosphere in the P5 games just hits really hard.

But I am wondering why they do beta tests. Is this not Single Player only?

Persona 5: The Phantom X is in development for PC, iOS, and Android. Currently, a release has only been confirmed for China.

What? Even in the trailer it shows keyboard input. Not a detail person huh?

Didn't watch the trailer lol

whoops GIF

Happy about it coming to PC though

Edit- Reread your post and seen it's only confirmed for China at the moment. Double whoops :p

Last edited:
What is this? Is it a parallel story happening during the events of P5? An alternate universe type thing?

And is it not made by the same Persona team in Atlus?

What is this? Is it a parallel story happening during the events of P5? An alternate universe type thing?

And is it not made by the same Persona team in Atlus?

"Who's making the game?​

Publisher Perfect World and developer Black Wings studio are making Persona 5: The Phantom X with "deep involvement" from Atlus and Sega on the creation of the characters, story, and music. Atlus character designer Shigenori Soejima--a Persona veteran who served as character designer for P5's Phantom Thieves--designed P5X's main character, Wonder, and his Persona."

They are a Chinese company and I don't see any other games they've worked on.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Because its a gatcha phone game that can only stand in an arena against other shitty gatcha phone games.

That's like asking why they don't release all the dead square Enix mobiles games on console, the entire point of extracting as much money for as little effort as possible is already owned by EA and 2K in a much smaller install base comparatively.

Last edited:
Top Bottom