• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Tecnniqe

Banned
No, not necessarily. Take the money from bad PC ports and give it good PC ports.
That's not what happens when you refund the PC version and go buy the console version.

I'm not saying don't refund, I'm just saying buying the console version after he refund might send the wrong message

Chariot

That's not what happens when you refund the PC version and go buy the console version.

I'm not saying don't refund, I'm just saying buying the console version after he refund might send the wrong message
That could be true. Though in this case it's pretylty obvious that the PC version is a disgusting pile of shit, not that PC gamers aren't willing to pay in general. Can't refund what's not bought.

holygeesus

Banned
If you've already redeemed the key from GMG, you get a nice free copy when they finally get around to releasing a working copy too - nice result!

Yibby

I think people with lower end cards are for the most part reasonably ok with this game, its the higher end suffering. If you were expecting 30fps from your card you can mostly get that sort of performance, its the guys on high end cards that seem to be getting the worst of it, I would imagine 80+ frames to 30fps is bit of an annoyance.

After running the ingame Benchmark you could think that the game runs fine even on older Hardware (i have avg fps of 56 on a 770). But then you start the game and everything is a mess.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I had horrible LOD issues when I was running the game on Low texture settings/high LOD on my 2GB 960GTX, but when I set textures to normal (despite saying it requires a 3GB graphics card) I rarely had any LOD issues anymore and it still ran around the customary 30FPS most of the time, barring hitches and stuff. It's still janky but it's playable and looks a damn sight better. No ini tweaks.

Avtomat

Okay it's a rubbish port but my experience hasn't been totally disastrous.

4670k @ 4.4
Overclocked 780
Running from SSD

1080p

I left the 30 lock in place and turned everything up, including game works. It maintains a 30 fps lock but the frame pacing is horrible. Also jaggies galore.

Then I jumped into nvidia inspector and set it to half refresh rate and locked it to 30 in there. I turned off the dynamic fog and particles and bumped resolution to 1440p. I would rather a nicer looking image than resource hungry games works tricks. The small amount of down sampling cleaned it up a bit and the performance is now a buttery smooth 30fps. Driving in the bat mobile results in the occasional drops to 27-28fps but it's nowhere as bad as I expected.

Still the lack of rain on the bat suit and AO sticks out like dogs balls. I hope that's one of the first things put back in.

Exact same setup here but my monitor is 1440p native. I do believe it is gameworks messing with the frame pacing. If I turn all gameworks off its so much smoother with the 30fps lock in place. Left the AA on and the texture LoD is still an issue for me even with the SSD.

The message is already out there and it's loud and clear, PC gamers demand a better product. It's so clear that they've suspended the sale of this game, something I've never seen done before for a AAA release of this caliber. I'm not going to sit here and worry about how someone interprets my statistic, at the end of the day the PC version is a bad product so I'm getting a refund, the PS4 version by all accounts is a great product and I'm happy to support that.

i5 3570k (default clock)
8gb ram
GTX 780ti
1TB hitachi hdd

A few stutters here and there but nothing game breaking, steady 60fps most of the time, batmobile sections can get more stuttery.

comrade

Just got my email from GMG. They refunded my puchase in less then 12 hours. Also kind of shady but because it's GMG and not a Steam refund I still own the game.

Spaghetti

hm... what to do. i could get the money back, or just hang onto the game and wait for a fix.

truth be told i still want to play the game, but i'm not even starting it until this mess is fixed and we have a proper pc version. that could take months though.

Zoggy

Yup, that or running the game off an SSD (or at least a large enough page file off an SSD) seems to be a common thread at least when it comes to the stuttering issues.

Again, the bolded is possibly why. The game seems to want upwards of 10GB or at least a full 8GB of RAM at the high settings on top of whatever VRAM you have unless you're running, like a Titan X apparently.

i have 16 gb ram too

amd cpu and gpu here, and while i expected the worst the game is running fine for me, 50-60 fps mostly with it going into the 30s during batmobile sequences.

weird. i'm about 3-4 hours in

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I get that one crash which gives me the error about the GPU disconnecting followed by a ton of text. Both times I've played. I can't even play this. And SLI is still not working either?

Rosur

hm... what to do. i could get the money back, or just hang onto the game and wait for a fix.

truth be told i still want to play the game, but i'm not even starting it until this mess is fixed and we have a proper pc version. that could take months though.

wait a week and see if any patches have happened if not refund and buy the game in the steam Christmas sale if its been fixed?

MaddenNFL64

This whole debacle made me appreciate CD Projekt Red even more; even though not flawless, Witcher 3 is a genuine example of how PC games should be. BAK is a shining example of how they shouldn't be.

Ironically both came with my GTX970...

I love the game, and have almost 200 hours in it, but the game was fucking borked at launch, and even after the day one patch, it needed a few more to get rid of the rampant crashes, and bugs people were experiencing. I do love that they patched it into a lovely state, but damn, I think im done buying games day one.

If even CDPR can't get shit right, I just think these giant AAA games are doomed at launch. They need multiple patches before they're where they need to be.

M.Steiner

Yes they can, they only need to provide WB a list of keys to revoke, and WB will pass them to Valve. I think this is the case, of course the process is not immediate.
Yeah, this is what I was thinking too.

Confirmed on the Playfire blog:
Hi folks. Just to answer a couple of questions...

You'll be able to get a refund for Premium Edition and Season Pass too if you choose
We'll be sending a list of refunded keys to WBIE for deactivation – so if you've bought the game and ask for a refund, do be aware that your digital key will deactivated soon after.

In terms of timeframe and our previous update, we've not yet received an indication of timing from WBIE. It's likely that once BAK relaunches, our standard returns policy will come into effect, but the best bet is to stay tuned to all of our channels for more info and we'll confirm changes in policy for this title here.

Thanks again for everyone's patience and the support we've received. We'll keep you posted as more info comes in.
http://blog.playfire.com/2015/06/batman-arkham-knight-pc-pulled-from-sale-refunds.html

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So the game decided not to crash when I Evened the Odds. Using the framerate unlock (and other mentioned tweak) I hover between 40 - 60fps. Nvidia smoke obviously decimates the framerate.

Menome

Damn it. I can refund but lose access to a more reasonably-priced Season Pass (Got game and pass for less than the price of PS4 version on Amazon), or keep the PC version and hope the Internet doesn't ruin the game's surprises for me whilst I wait for a fix that I have no timescale on. :/

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I just finished a session expecting the worst, but it's not that bad. Especially considering what I put up with in the past when I had a Crossfire setup. The driving performance is of course terrible, but playable. The on foot action is smooth to the point where I'm not going to spend any more time worrying about it. I'm not going to wait until the fall to play the port, and the PS4 version would not be an upgrade. The PS4 port runs at 30fps and I'm getting more than that on my PC (after the ini tweaks). No crashes, no long hitches or unplayable stutter, or anything else that prevents me from delivering non-fatal ass whippings. I got lucky.

Default settings (AA on / normal textures/detail / Gameworks off)
780 GHz edition
i5 750 (overclocked)
12GB memory
Windows 7
144hz Gsync monitor

Zakalwe

Banned
I just finished a session expecting the worst, but it's not that bad. Especially considering what I put up with in the past when I had a Crossfire setup. The driving performance is of course terrible, but playable. The on foot action is smooth to the point where I'm not going to spend any more time worrying about it. I'm not going to wait until the fall to play the port, and the PS4 version would not be an upgrade. It runs at 30fps and I'm getting more than that (after the ini tweaks). No crashes, no long hitches or unplayable stutter, or anything else that prevents me from delivering non-fatal ass whippings. I got lucky.

Default settings (AA on / normal textures/detail / Gameworks off)
780 GHz edition
i5 750 (overclocked)
12GB memory
Windows 7
144hz Gsync monitor

It's sad that people are considering themselves "lucky" being able to play this game at an "ok" performance level at 30fps.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's sad that people are considering themselves "lucky" being able to play this game at an "ok" performance level at 30fps.
It runs north of 30 (just clarified my post). Otherwise, I wouldn't be playing it. And yes, it's an embarrassment to see such low performance on high end rigs.

noomi

So I haven't really been following any of the insanity here, but was there any mention of a fix coming or any ETA on when we can expect something from the devs/nvidia/amd?

I have the game on steam and haven't touched it, don't plan on playing unless this is resolved.

I have 12 days left on the refund, so unless this is fixed I will be asking for my money back.

tCQB5Xm.jpg

UDIWMjd.gif

Zakalwe

Banned
It runs north of 30 (just clarified my post). Otherwise, I wouldn't be playing it. And yes, it's an embarrassment to see such low performance on high end rigs.

To clarify: I wasn't picking on you or saying anything about the players themselves.

It's just a sorry state we're all in. :(

Holy shit, just saw that it was removed to buy from steam. Well damn, think I am just going to Uninstall it and re-download when hopefully everything is sorted out. Sticking with the PS4 version.

So is it possible to get a refund through GMG yet? Should I take steps to do that?

I think I'm going to uninstall this and reinstall Origins instead.

So I haven't really been following any of the insanity here, but was there any mention of a fix coming or any ETA on when we can expect something from the devs/nvidia/amd?

I have the game on steam and haven't touched it, don't plan on playing unless this is resolved.

I have 12 days left on the refund, so unless this is fixed I will be asking for my money back.

There was a statement that can be summed up in "We´re working on it, it´s all iron galaxies fault, btw. have you tried the settings?"

Then it got pulled. No ETA, nothing.

Pacotera

Banned

I was thinking the same thing

This is probably why publishers like WB do this kind of things, cause there a shiton of people that just happy with a subpar product

If wasnt for steam refunds we would be major fucked

Grechy34

Game looks considerably better on PS4 and plays well. Quite pissed off that I've built a 3K PC that can't run the game at the same level as what my 500$ ps4 is producing. Absolutely astounding.

CUD

Banned
Hope this sale suspension doesn't fuck with my play through. I'm 10 hours in haven't ran into any issues at all :D

I do not believe we have a time frame of when to expect the patch, just that there should be one at some point in time. It's in their best interest to get one out ASAP especially considering it's no longer being sold on Steam until it's fixed. They better not rush it out with issues though or things could get even worse for them.

Man I really need sleep... Also think I need to stay away from the WB Games forums now, too much childish lashing out going on over there and not enough rational people.

So....after playing Batman AK last night for a few hours after exiting the game there was a message from windows saying my computer is running slow & do I want to change the theme!!!!??!! is this due to the memory leakage on the game?
Its a decent spec PC
i5 4690k@3.5ghz
gtx 970
8gb corsair vengeance 2400 ram

What is your page file set at? I haven't played it again since Tuesday night/early Wednesday but if it's under 4GB you're going to run into memory problems with 8GB of RAM and if you're running it off an HDD, especially the same one as the game is on you're probably going to run into the more major stuttering problems.

But yes, memory management is fucked up.

The thread is huge so I couldn't rly check but has this been posted yet ?
http://gamingbolt.com/batman-arkham...o-directx-10-if-nvidia-gameworks-is-activated

Apparently game reverts to dx 10 with nvidia features on
Älg;169764788 said:
It has, and it's disputed whether or not it's true.

It's not, there's other sources showing the game running on DX11 with Gameworks on. It's a bug in either MSI Afterburner or driver.

i have 16 gb ram too

amd cpu and gpu here, and while i expected the worst the game is running fine for me, 50-60 fps mostly with it going into the 30s during batmobile sequences.

weird. i'm about 3-4 hours in

It seems like 16GB is enough to mitigate it, before you start playing next time bring up resource manager or task manager or something else that lets you see your system memory usage and look at how much memory it's using.

Top Bottom