• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

squicken

Finished it up tonight. Really, really fun. I'm resisting the urge to go back and find everything, as I'll save that for my PC playthrough.

Overlee

for anyone trying to pricematch the TRU deal to Best Buy tomorrow heres what someone on slickdeals had to say about it

Alright, here's the skinny on this deal. A friend of mine spoke to someone at Best Buy corporate today who said that this issue has come up at their office, and Best Buy stores will honor a $30 pricematch to the Toys R Us deal (but you must have a hard copy of the Toys R Us circular with you).

He then gave my friend a reference number for the store to call corporate about if they still refuse, and he also said that if the store calls corporate, gives them the reference number, and still refuse, that he could call corporate himself and they would send him a $30gc by mail.

Happy hunting

take it with a grain of salt I guess. I'm on pacific time so I'll be able to read if its working for people before I actually go out tomorrow.

Someone requested....

2ds0efs.jpg

k156xs.jpg

20tkr53.jpg

14d1po7.jpg

rm1bmu.jpg

2lnuxhz.jpg

GCQuinton

Does the behind-the-scenes disc come with ever version of the game or just the CE? I thought it was just the latter before, but after seeing the packaging I'm not so sure.

GCQuinton said:
Does the behind-the-scenes disc come with ever version of the game or just the CE? I thought it was just the latter before, but after seeing the packaging I'm not so sure.

Pretty sure it's just the CE otherwise the packaging wouldn't be different. The normal one comes in a standard case where as the CE clearly has a different double disc case.

Well, I'm at about 25% through the Single Player campaign, and I am in love with this game. The developers put a lot of love in this game. I have 4 letters for it: G O T Y.

I gotta say, even though it doesn't visually look like it, I really feel like I'm playing in an episode of the animated series. Sooo damn good so far.

Dizzle24

Marty Chinn said:
I gotta say, even though it doesn't visually look like it, I really feel like I'm playing in an episode of the animated series. Sooo damn good so far.

Yes. I was thinking the same thing while I was playing last night. The voice acting does it for me. Same Batman, Harley Quinn (I think she's the same VA).

The Riddler Challenges are fucking amazing. Nice side quest addition and the way it's implemented (Riddler speaking to Bats through his ear piece)

I love this game. :D

Overlee said:
for anyone trying to pricematch the TRU deal to Best Buy tomorrow heres what someone on slickdeals had to say about it

take it with a grain of salt I guess. I'm on pacific time so I'll be able to read if its working for people before I actually go out tomorrow.

Wouldn't it have been productive to give the reference number here?

Zzoram

I'm switching my 360 copy for a PS3 copy to go with the PS3 Slim I have on pre-order. I'll have to wait a few more days to play it, but at least I get the Joker challenges for waiting.

I am so glad I've had the collector's pre-ordered since April, now to hope the postie leaves it by the door as annoyingly no-one is home this Thursday.

Brashnir

This game really came out at the right time of year. Had it come out in October/November, I may not have even noticed how well it reviewed, since I'd be knee-deep in ODST, Forza, Uncharted, etc. It may have gotten swallowed up in the holiday rush, but it really has a time to shine here.

I'm thinking it hits some pretty big numbers in the NPD. Could be this year's Bioshock, which also, smartly, launched in late August.

EzLink

Banned
Well fuck, after forcing myself to stay awake until midnight I got the sucker at Walmart (it has the fucking Walmart logo and advertisement about the unlockable batarmor suit directly on the artwork though which is fucking bullshit) and got home to play it for a grand total of... 20 minutes :lol I was so exhausted that I couldn't even enjoy it

Off to class now though and then home to play allllllll day and allllllll night. Can't wait

Daante

Quick look over at gamerankings.com

PC vers (2 Reviews) = 91%

360 vers (17 Reviews) = 91,35%

PS3 vers (12 Reviews) = 92.25%

Gamespy = 5/5
IGN = 9.3/10
1UP = A -
Gametrailers = 9/10
Gamepot = 9/10
Eurogamer = 9/10

Ephemeris

EzLink said:
Well fuck, after forcing myself to stay awake until midnight I got the sucker at Walmart (it has the fucking Walmart logo and advertisement about the unlockable batarmor suit directly on the artwork though which is fucking bullshit) and got home to play it for a grand total of... 20 minutes :lol I was so exhausted that I couldn't even enjoy it

Off to class now though and then home to play allllllll day and allllllll night. Can't wait

While in class, you'll think of batman.

Believe.

Daante said:
*review scores*
Shamelessly lifted from the official forums:

English/Australian mags:
Games Master UK 96%
Playstation Official Magazine UK 9/10
PlayStation Beyond 90%
Total Film 5/5 -> 100%
Game Informer 95%
PTOM 5/5
Focus 5/5
Xbox World 360 95%
The Daily Mirror 5/5

German Magazines:
Consol Plus 91%
Maniac 90%
360-Live 90% Reader Review: 88%
Play³ 90%
Consol.AT 91%
Games TM 9/10
PS3M 9/10

French Mags:
Jeux Vidéo 19/20 -> 95%
OPM 19/20 -> 95%
OXM 19/20 -> 95%
PS3M 19/20 -> 95%

Other Countries:
Pelaaja (Finland) 10/10
Gamereactor 9/10
Veronica magazine 5/5 -> 100%
Official Playstation Magazine Benelux 8,1/10

Online Reviews:
Gametrailers.com 9/10
IGN 9,3/10
1up.com A- -> 9,3/10
Eurogamer 9/10
teamxbox 9,1/10
play.tm 9,4/10
NZGamer 9/10
Gamesradar 9/10
CVG 9,2/10
g4tv 4/5
Nowgamer 9.0/10(360)/8.5/10(PS3)
gamepro 4/5
AusGamers 9,5/10
***** 9,2/10
TVG 8,0/10
Xboxamerica 9,5/10
IGN AU 8,7/10
giag 9,0/10
Garabia 9,0/10
Gameplanet 8,5/10
Gamedaily 9,0/10
electronictheatre 9,2/10
3news 4,5/5
Gamespot 9,0/10
Gamespy 5/5

Cereal

The hell? The game shipped for me last night from Amazon... arrived in my town this morning at 7:30... and is now in Jacksonville and delayed due to weather or natural disaster? What? :lol

Let's just say I will be pretty disappointed if I'm not the god damn Batman tonight, Amazon...

TP

There's a free Batman theme on Live right now. Gold only
It's basic, no friend backgrounds

btw im jealous of all you guys that get to play the game, I have to wait until next week. =(

JambiBum

For those of you wondering about the GameStop exclusive stickers on the case and what not, it's imprinted directly onto the artwork. So you get to have that ugly GS logo on your case. Apparently it's the same with the Wal-Mart one as well.

Best Buy are complete fucktards.
Went to price match and the stupid pimple pushing minimum wage flesh bag had the deer in the headlights look at the counter so he called over another mouth breathing flaw to help and she takes a thirty second look at the ad and says we do not do that.
So I showed them the printed policy and after another thirty seconds she says "but you have to be a toys r us member" and I reply I am and show proof also printed ahead of time for just such an event.
It only works at Toys R Us she says, we don't do it...

Now during this time, I might point out that they did not have the $10 card that Best Buy is supposed to offer according to their ad as well as the dvds where nowhere to be seen nor mentioned.

Now I know that I could have gone to a manager and had them call corporate and whatnot, but instead I said fuck it and went across the street to Toys R Us.

Still though...just saying...Best Buy are fucktards...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I've read this game has Metroidvania elements, can anyone comment? Is it like Metroid Prime in that you will be revisiting various sections of the asylum with new gadgets and finding secrets? Is there a handy big map to traverse?

kaskade

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU WAL-MART. That is printed on the actual paper part of the case. I would forever greatful to anyone who could upload one without that stupid thing on there. :D

IMAG0005.jpg

OokieSpookie said:
Now during this time, I might point out that they did not have the $10 card that Best Buy is supposed to offer according to their ad as well as the dvds where nowhere to be seen nor mentioned.

What is with the $10 card and dvds?

Also, If anyone has more horror stories/positive encounters about the Best Buy price match it would be nice to hear them.

ThePeacemaker02 said:
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU WAL-MART. That is printed on the actual paper part of the case. I would forever greatful to anyone who could upload one without that stupid thing on there. :D

IMAG0005.jpg
I hate it when they do that. I mean it sucks if its a PSN mark or something but when its a store its enough to make me go elsewhere and pay more if I had to.

robot

OokieSpookie said:
Best Buy are complete fucktards.
Went to price match and the stupid pimple pushing minimum wage flesh bag had the deer in the headlights look at the counter so he called over another mouth breathing flaw to help and she takes a thirty second look at the ad and says we do not do that.
So I showed them the printed policy and after another thirty seconds she says "but you have to be a toys r us member" and I reply I am and show proof also printed ahead of time for just such an event.
It only works at Toys R Us she says, we don't do it...

Now I know that I could have gone to a manager and had them call corporate and whatnot, but instead I said fuck it and went across the street to Toys R Us.

Still though...just saying...Best Buy are fucktards...

Why not just avoid all of the hassle, weirdness of printing out and presenting return policies, and getting stressed out when you couldve just went over to TRU in the first place?

JambiBum

ThePeacemaker02 said:

*Wal-Mart

Same thing with my GameStop copy.

Class_A_Ninja said:
What is with the $10 card and dvds?

Also, If anyone has more horror stories/positive encounters about the Best Buy price match it would be nice to hear them.

The ad for Best Buy this week says you get a $10 gift card and a double dvd of Batman Mask of the Phantasm/Mr Freeze when you buy Arkham Asylum.

robot said:
Why not just avoid all of the hassle, weirdness of printing out and presenting return policies, and getting stressed out when you couldve just went over to TRU in the first place?

Because I would rather not have to put out the $30 in the first place (Best Buy policy says that they take the card off of the price when price matching) and I was going to use that 30 to pick up Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz (from Best Buy) on blu ray.
Instead I have a $30 card from Toys R Us which is nice and all but I rarely shop there to be honest and I still had to fork out that $30 to begin with.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Got my copy from amazon, but it didn't come with a comic :\ I thought that was the deal for pre-ordering with them.

:lol nm...it's in the case

Top Bottom