• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir screens

odin-sphere-lefithrasy0oa8.jpg

odin-sphere-lefithras1uy3t.jpg

odin-sphere-lefithrasa5l6l.jpg

odin-sphere-lefithrasggyrs.jpg

odin-sphere-lefithrasygx6z.jpg

odin-sphere-lefithrasuilte.jpg

odin-sphere-lefithras1uldo.jpg

odin-sphere-lefithras2oyqk.jpg

odin-sphere-lefithrasg7zso.jpg

odin-sphere-lefithrastszmk.jpg

odin-sphere-lefithras0ca29.jpg

odin-sphere-lefithrasalzei.jpg

http://gematsu.com/gallery/odin-sphere-leifthrasir/august-10-2015/

chrono01

This is one visually-striking game. I mean, it was always beautiful to look at, but seeing it in HD is even more impressive. I really love what they did here.

Beautiful, I believe they did the original assets in HD and downscaled them to PS2 resolution, in the long run was a great decision.

Lime

Let's hope this plays as good as it looks. I got burned out 3/4 into the original with all the recycling of bosses and levels.

Giolon

I said god DAMN!

Vanillaware art was made to be seen in HD. I hope after this there's a PS4 port of Dragon's Crown. I'd be down for a few more Tower Runs. And for that matter the Vita version of Muramasa to PS4 too. It looks great on Vita TV.

Cannot wait to play Odin Sphere again. The repetitiveness and difficulty of the original was trying at times, but I pushed through for the story and I was extremely glad I did.

KiteGr

This is clearly a Vita game!
It's single player and the spritework can't get any better with extra firepower.
Also it's the most likelly platform to gat a tetail release.

Sakujou

Banned
wow, this game looks gorgeous.

took me 65h back then to beat it. i can only recommend this game to anyone who loves epic hack n slay j-rpgs.

the voiceover is incredible.

odin sphere was the first game ever where i chose the english one over the japanese one. it felt so good and natural back then.

i hope they fix the loading times as well as the broken items menu, which were a downer back then.

btw. huge spoilers in the pictures :D

one of the pics show the last boss of the game.

TheYanger

I can tell I'm in the minority here but...do people really think this looks good compared to the original? I feel like those backgrounds all look like they had a shitty uprez filter like we see in XBLA ports from last gen. It's all got that kind of vaseline smear on it with really sharp edges that don't fit in.

I dunno. to me this looks worse, it held up better in SD. Liked Odin Sphere on ps2 a lot :/

Lime

I can tell I'm in the minority here but...do people really think this looks good compared to the original? I feel like those backgrounds all look like they had a shitty uprez filter like we see in XBLA ports from last gen. It's all got that kind of vaseline smear on it with really sharp edges that don't fit in.

I dunno. to me this looks worse, it held up better in SD. Liked Odin Sphere on ps2 a lot :/

I kind of see what you mean. These are some screens I took of Muramasa when playing it through Dolphin. All the background assets are the Wii version's, but upscaled to 1080p. You can compare it to these Odin Sphere HD screens to see how much the backgrounds actually have been re-scaled to HD or not.

Let's hope this plays as good as it looks. I got burned out 3/4 into the original with all the recycling of bosses and levels.

It was the same for me, really liked the story, the music and the artwork but it was too repetitive and i quit in the middle of the 3rd character campaign.

Sakujou

Banned
I kind of see what you mean. These are some screens I took of Muramasa when playing it through Dolphin. All the background assets are the Wii version's, but upscaled to 1080p. You can compare it to these Odin Sphere HD screens to see how much the backgrounds actually have been re-scaled to HD or not.

wow thanks, i have never seen muramasa in 1080p.
i only played it waaaaay back then on my CRT, so dont how it would have looked like.

after this comparison, it seems that vanillaware/atlus/whoever is in charge for this port, hasnt put much effort into it....

i wont buy it since i have played the original, but i hope the new game from vanillaware looks better than this.

Shin

Banned

It looks blurry to me, like 720p blurry.
But I didn't want to say it as it might be considered shitting on the game.
Nevertheless I'm happy that the game is getting a remake and without a doubt I'll be buying it. When it comes to VW games I'm a sucker and just want them for the gorgeous artwork, on top of that I love my 2D side-scrollers.

Game is looking fantastic. I usually never double-dip on anything but Vanillaware is the sole exception.

Still salty about Grand Knights History never making it out over here so thank God for non-region locked consoles.

I bet you used text-to-speech.

I took a few courses in college where my teacher was fairly enamored with the Nordic languages. He found ways to fit nordic writings - modern and Old - into every lesson he could fit it into. Gave me a brief primer into the language but they weren't actual classes about the language so that's where my "90%" comes from.

Text-to-speech is probably more accurate. :p

ubercheez

Hot damn. So happy Vanillaware decided to revisit this one -- never quite beat the original game on PS2. It'll be a pleasure to go through again in HD, especially with a stable framerate and a deeper combat system.

Top Bottom