• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD sends autistic boy parts for a gming PC, dickhead brother takes it for himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
hByMTxg.jpg

ZGw992X.jpg

What they sent him:

H3u4AMv.jpg

5VlrtLK.jpg

The younger brother:

IikIRt2.jpg

8UuU2em.jpg

y1GZ4d6.jpg

"The monitor and GPU upgrade now sits in my room as my center monitor. He is allowed to come up and play anytime he wants, ofc" - The older brother

393R96N.jpg

The setup the younger brother uses:

cTYu7Bb.jpg

AMD's response:

h1jOic8.png

Reddit link

Apt101

I'm sure some Redditor will send the kid a new system, but his brother is a jerk. A good brother would do what he had to to get it into his little brother's system.

For a sec I thought the younger brother was the one posing with the stuff. Older brother is horrible. I'm slightly upset at his parents for not doing the right thing and forcing the older brother to give it to his younger brother.

I kind of want their address, I'd send the younger brother a PSU or something. I feel hella bad.

gdt

Holy shit what a fucking asshole. When he grows up an inch or two he's really gonna regret doing that to his little brother.

FStop7

Banned
"C'mon bros stop harshing my mellow by telling me what an asshole I am for stealing from my disabled brother!"

iMax

I love that they sent him a handwritten note.

On point, if he was a loving brother with "no time", he should move his rig into his brother's room and buy that third monitor he so desperately needs with his second job he's apparently getting real soon.

iMax

I'm sure some Redditor will send the kid a new system, but his brother is a jerk. A good brother would do what he had to to get it into his little brother's system.

Of course they will.
But his brother will have that too.

Wow. "Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part." - William Somerset

C'mon now, though. How shitty can he be? He's working two jobs (maybe in the future) and is in 5 AP classes!

His placement is ADVANCED. That doesn't just HAPPEN, you guys. There's a REASON.

Do you remember how hard it was to be a senior?

Where's your empathy.

I bet the brother would just take that one too. I seriously cannot understand the sense of entitlement from this guy. "It's okay because my pc can run this and his can't!" Should we just take your word for that or what?

sn00zer

I for one am shocked a subreddit called pcmasterrace is fully of shitty teens who didnt pay for their PC. Shocked I tell you. Truly truly shocked.

What an asshole. And those weak responses are even worse.

Guys gonna regret treating his younger brother like that as he gets older.

Gattsu25

Banned
Wow, what a horrible situation for the younger brother. The older brother is a real piece of work and I can only imagine how little respect or regard the older brother has for his sibling.

Doesn't surprise me that this was /r/pcmasterrace.

Where are the parents in all this? Why doesn't the younger brother just show the reddit posts to his parents?

If I were the dad I'd make sure that things were distributed as they were intended to be.

Where are the parents in all this? Why doesn't the younger brother just show the reddit posts to his parents?

If I were the dad I'd make sure that things were distributed as they were intended to be.

I'm sure their parents have no idea what's happening. My parents definitely aren't technologically literate enough to understand half of the shit I own.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Absolute scum of the Earth.

What are the parents doing? If my son did that to his brother I'd disown him.

/u/IsNotANovelty: "I'm going to come at this from another angle. Instead of assuming you're a huge piece of shit, I'm going to assume you're just dumb as fuck. Ok dumbfuck, listen up. AMD doesn't send hundreds of dollars of free product to average high school seniors. Trust me, I definitely wish they did when I was in high school, but they just don't. They want you to pay for it. What they were doing here was attempting to get some good PR by giving a gift to a mentally handicapped 10 year old, someone who clearly is in no position to buy their products. I say again, they are for your brother. If your brother didn't exist, these products would not be in your possession. So, what you are doing is exploiting your autistic 10 year old brother. Again, I'm assuming you're just too dumb to realize it. Because doing this on purpose would make you, undoubtedly, a huge piece of shit."

lol

Where are the parents in all this?

There are no parents. On top of him having two jobs (possibly in the near future maybe) and 5 AP classes, he also built the house they live in after a freak base-jumping accident claimed the lives of their parents, and he's been caring for the boy ever since, feeding him via the tiny plot of land behind their humble lean-to, where they grow some produce (mostly beets and onions) and raise mink for their meat and their fur.

SilentRob

Absolute scum of the Earth.

What are the parents doing? If my son did that to his brother I'd disown him.

Easy now. You don't know if his parents know anything at all about computers and the like. If your teenage nerd son who spends his whole life on his computer tells you that these parts just aren't compatible with the parts his brothers have and this would be the only way to salvage the situation you'd likely believe him. Let's not start an internet lynch mob again.

Dynomutt

I can't claim to know the brother and I won't rag on him. But what he did was in poor taste and it really looks like he took advantage of the situation by appropriating the great care package that AMD sent. Even worse tried to level the deal by giving his old stuff. This could have been a non-issue but he wanted to brag about the AMD swag and it backfired. Not cool man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom