• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD sends autistic boy parts for a gming PC, dickhead brother takes it for himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
His brother is a complete cunt but at least he kind of fixed it https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3hmyov/this_is_where_it_belongs/

That is some lame-ass "excuse".

This seems to hit the nail on the head (user daft-man):

I really don't think he is, even in the screenshots he posted of a text convo with his mom he doesn't seem to think he is at fault in anyway. The only reason he seems to be doing the right thing now is because his IRL friend /u/MattyKun has been on his case and he wants to make amends with reddit, not his little bro.

komplanen

If he was that gaffer's kid he'd never had the chance to fix this having been disowned and all. Good to see there's some resolution to this and I hope he learned not be a dick.

Yaari

That new IMGUR seems like he's begging for that PSU to me, lol. "We can't use this card until we get the required parts!!!".

He's still an ass. If not for the backlash he'd still be using it.

Denton

I admit I haven't studied this very important topic in much detail, but just from skimming it...

assuming the older brother wasn't lying and was letting his younger brother play anytime he wanted on the stronger machine, wouldn't the younger brother be better off with the components in the stronger machine rather than lying on a shelf, while they wait to upgrade the rest of the very weak younger brother's PC?
I mean 250W PSU will not handle 380 at all, and even if it did, it would be so brutally bottlenecked by the CPU that it would be useless upgrade. So they have to upgrade motherboard/CPU/memory/PSU just to use the GPU, which is not exactly cheap and might take a while to get the money for. And so now the younger brother will enjoy that hardware sitting on a shelf, while he could have been playing on his older brother's PC and enjoying games in higher quality. Huh ?

I admit I haven't studied this very important topic in much detail, but just from skimming it...

assuming the older brother wasn't lying and was letting his younger brother play anytime he wanted on the stronger machine, wouldn't the younger brother be better off with the components in the stronger machine rather than lying on a shelf, while they wait to upgrade the rest of the very weak younger brother's PC?
I mean 250W PSU will not handle 380 at all, and even if it did, it would be so brutally bottlenecked by the CPU that it would be useless upgrade. So they have to upgrade motherboard/CPU/memory/PSU just to use the GPU, which is not exactly cheap and might take a while to get the money for. And so now the younger brother will enjoy that hardware sitting on a shelf, while he could have been playing on his older brother's PC and enjoying games in higher quality. Huh ?

The thing is. If the older brother is having 2 part time jobs, a 50-70$ PSU wouldnt be much to him. Or the older brother could ask his parents to buy them a new PSU for PC of the autistic brother.

If the brother really would have cared, he also wouldnt have taken the screen with him even though he already has a dual screen setup...
I know where you are coming from, but what you said was used by the brother as an excuse, not a real explanation of the situation I guess.

Denton

The thing is. If the older brother is having 2 part time jobs, a 50-70$ PSU wouldnt be much to him. Or the older brother could ask his parents to buy them a new PSU for PC of the autistic brother.

If the brother really would have cared, he also wouldnt have taken the screen with him even though he already has a dual screen setup...
I know where you are coming from, but what you said was used by the brother as an excuse, not a real explanation of the situation I guess.

This assumes you know their financial situation. Afaik we know jackshit about it. And even if they purchased the PSU, the new GPU wouldn't give much of a boost with that insanely weak CPU.

I guess what I am saying, if I was in the older brother's situation and could not immediately afford to upgrade my younger brother's PC, I would rather use the components in stronger machine and let younger brother play on it, then let it sit on shelf where he can stare at the box. And I wouldn't consider myself asshole for it, on the contrary. Obviously once the full upgrade of younger brother's PC could be afforded, I would put the GPU back into his machine.

Of course who knows, maybe the older brother did intend to keep it for himself and lied about letting younger brother play. In that case, he would be total god damn asshole.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If he was that gaffer's kid he'd never had the chance to fix this having been disowned and all. Good to see there's some resolution to this and I hope he learned not be a dick.

I'd have still stood by my choice.

He can survive in the desert now.

This assumes you know their financial situation. Afaik we know jackshit about it. And even if they purchased the PSU, the new GPU wouldn't give much of a boost with that insanely weak CPU.

I guess what I am saying, if I was in the older brother's situation and could not immediately afford to upgrade my younger brother's PC, I would rather use the components in stronger machine and let younger brother play on it, then let it sit on shelf where he can stare at the box. And I wouldn't consider myself asshole for it, on the contrary. Obviously once the full upgrade of younger brother's PC could be afforded, I would put the GPU back into his machine.

Of course who knows, maybe the older brother did intend to keep it for himself and lied about letting younger brother play. In that case, he would be total god damn asshole.

Then why did he even "steal" the monitor? We actually know quite a bit of that older brother now though thanks to internet "detectives". He is someone who rather gives his old components to his friends than to his brother.
So you really think such a person would, as soon as the brother has a new PSU/CPU , give it back. I am sure he would just find excuses and say "but my brother has my old GPU now. thats enough."

Even in his first "apology" he wrote something like "at that age I couldnt even play things like Runescape" which sounds like "he should be happy with what he has now."

Then he tries to defend himself and says "it was intended for both of us" even though the letter clearly states it was for the brother.

Everything he wrote before doesnt really seem like the PSU issue was an actual issue...

Denton

Then why did he even "steal" the monitor? We actually know quite a bit of that older brother now though thanks to internet "detectives". He is someone who rather gives his old components to his friends than to his brother.
So you really think such a person would, as soon as the brother has a new PSU/CPU , give it back. I am sure he would just find excuses and say "but my brother has my old GPU now. thats enough."

Even in his first "apology" he wrote something like "at that age I couldnt even play things like Runescape" which sounds like "he should be happy with what he has now."

Then he tries to defend himself and says "it was intended for both of us" even though the letter clearly states it was for the brother.

Everything he wrote before doesnt really seem like the PSU issue was an actual issue...
Ok i stand corrected, that sounds assholish.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
His brother is a complete cunt but at least he kind of fixed it https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3hmyov/this_is_where_it_belongs/

"It will sit here, in his room, until parts needed can be acquired."

It's weird how he always seems to put in little comments that imply, "See, SEE, I told you guys that he wouldn't have been able to use these parts anyway!!!"

Admittedly, I don't know everything about their situation, but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to get a new PSU. Was the mobo or case incompatible too?

"It will sit here, in his room, until parts needed can be acquired."

It's weird how he always seems to put in little comments that imply, "See, SEE, I told you guys that he wouldn't have been able to use these parts anyway!!!"

Admittedly, I don't know everything about their situation, but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to get a new PSU. Was the mobo or case incompatible too?

Afaik he first said the case would be too small, then pics surfaced of the case and it seems to be a normal ATX case with enough space inside.

Estellex

Kind of off topic, but I just saw the images and from one of the image the kid is using KB+mouse to play what seems like a console ported game.

Do most pc gamers use KB+mouse to play all PC games and not controllers?

Kind of off topic, but I just saw the images and from one of the image the kid is using KB+mouse to play what seems like a console ported game.

Depending on the game. I rather play games in my bed, so I use a controller for almost every game it supports.

For games like CS I would of course use KB+M.

I
Why not? Why do you disbelieve him?

Because he already said "his case is not big enough", then pics surfaced of the case and behold. It is actually big enough.
And "he doesnt need a 1440p monitor. Its better if use it in a triple desktop combination."

I use a mouse and keyboard, an Xbox one controller and a Sega Saturn pad depending on the game.

Kallor

My older brother was like this, I got a gamecube for my birthday, he ended up taking it for himself. Would rent a game like Wind Waker, he'd hog it up, not let anyone else play it, finish the game and return it for a new one without even letting someone try it. I remember earning $50 to buy Super Mario Sunshine and nearly getting my ass kicked because I wanted my gamecube back so I could take it home and play it. Of course he ended up taking it over after I had half an hour to play it.

Fuck this stealing little shit head.

Snorlocs

You're right, he seems to be a very trustworthy and honest individual whose priorities lie with his brother above all else.

He could have easily taken everything, not told anyone and shut his brother out completely. His priorities aren't that fucked up

Chairmanchuck said:
Because he already said "his case is not big enough", then pics surfaced of the case and behold. It is actually big enough.
And "he doesnt need a 1440p monitor. Its better if use it in a triple desktop combination."

The case thing is kinda messed up yeah. Why use a 1440p moniter with a card that can't even do 1080p though? They both got to use the card and the monitor when they were in his room. Everyone makes it seem as though it was only benefiting the elder brother. Both of them got use out of it.

The case thing is kinda messed up yeah. Why use a 1440p moniter with a card that can't even do 1080p though? They both got to use the card and the monitor when they were in his room. Everyone makes it seem as though it was only benefiting the elder brother. Both of them got use out of it.

Because maybe it still has a far better image than a 15 year old 4:3 desktop, is bigger and looks better.

And of course the main thing is, that it benefited the older brother far more than the younger brother. If I wanna play, I wouldnt wanna go to my 18 year old brother every day, maybe ask him for permission whenever I want to play.

Snorlocs

Because maybe it still has a far better image than a 15 year old 4:3 desktop, is bigger and looks better.

And of course the main thing is, that it benefited the older brother far more than the younger brother. If I wanna play, I wouldnt wanna go to my 18 year old brother every day, maybe ask him for permission whenever I want to play.

*shrug*. I see your point. I still think that it's a gigantic waste of a card AND monitor but i'm not the one in the situation so I have no idea what the dynamics are. Good luck to them both

FrsDvl

Someone should start a gofundme for the little brother. Get him enough money to buy all the parts + other upgrades, just so his brother can look forward to hand me downs from his little brother after a few years.

Tomita

In one pic I noticed an NES controller on the little brother's desk. So maybe he has other controllers hanging around somewhere.

He could have easily taken everything, not told anyone and shut his brother out completely. His priorities aren't that fucked up

The thing is, the older brother originally had three monitors. Then, after the donation, he gave his old monitor to a friend and put the new monitor on his desk. Instead of...giving the little brother his old monitor at the very least?

Older brother is a douche.

What high schooler needs three monitors anyway? I can barely understand two monitors (unless you do graphics/video shit).

StillEdge

*shrug*. I see your point. I still think that it's a gigantic waste of a card AND monitor but i'm not the one in the situation so I have no idea what the dynamics are. Good luck to them both

It's not about it being a waste or being put to use. It probably cost AMD nothing to send him the GPU and monitor it was the fact this little kid got a cool ass care package. It would be different if the little kid gave it to his older brother because it would be wasted in his room. When you are a little kid and you get cool shit it is really cool. Ownership is cool especially at a young age.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why is he asking for forgiveness for the internet and not his brother though?

But yeah this made me wonder, why the hell did he broadcast what he did online to begin with?

Oscar

I'd bet on older bro giving this a few days to blow over then popping that graphics card back on. Let's be real.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
cTYu7Bb.jpg
I use a monitor like that at work. :'(

AMD, plz.

Where are the parents in all this?

They're the ones that probably okayed the OP taking everything. After all, who do you think was taking the pictures?

In the pics, he's proud as hell he swiped them and is wearing the Fing t-shirt. But I'm sure the little brother's PSU couldn't handle that either ...

Xero

Pretty shitty of the older brother. I saw a lot of people talking about the little brother not having a mouse pad. I haven't used a mousepad in forever, never saw much point really. Didn't realize I was such an outlier in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom