• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3: ODST Thread

feel

CrazedArabMan said:
Please tell that won't be on metacritic, that review is lol worthy to say the least, I stopped after he listed the categories of halo fans and where he fell.
Yeah me too, couldn't get past the first page.

Xbl Marketplace link for the new vidoc in case anyone else is interested in queuing it up like I just did.
The Vision Behind Halo 3 ODST (HD)

Catching up on the thread while I'm waiting for my truck to be fixed. Bless you Bungie for making an iPhone-compatible ViDoc. About to watch it now...

Crap, even more pumped now. Great ViDoc. I can't wait to play this campaign. The multiplayer maps seem so secondary to me now (but not Firefight).

Idiot Reviewer said:
Control-wise, you're looking at a carbon-copy of Halo 3. There are no true tactical additions or attempts to make things go more smoothly. This is becoming a real sour-spot for the Halo series, considering the emergence of the FPS genre on the Wii. There's simply no going back once you experience the fluent targeting of IR aiming in The Conduit or Metroid Prime Trilogy

lol_wut.jpg

I went to their About Us page on their site and found this,

Associated Content is an Open Content Network.
AC's platform enables anyone to participate in the new content economy by publishing content on any topic, in any format (text, video, audio and images), and connects that content to consumers, partners and advertisers.

So it is not a professional review, luckily I check their H3 review, done by someone else and given an 8.9/10, and metacritic does not record their scores, so once again, it is an unprofessional review that has no meaning on the game or its overall score.

voltron

Oh MAH FUCKING gawd I cant wait for this game now. So stoked its only next week.

If I remember correctly there were a number of Vidocs released before H3 and it was a long wait between them and the game. I kinda like being able to watch this then maintain that excitement for the short amount of time until release.

After reading the 1st page I thought it was a joke review (like maybe an Onion article) but the more i read, the more it became clear he was being serious. I actually laughed out loud a few times! Worst. Review Ever. The guy didn't have his facts straight, there were grammatical errors....just a 100% laughable effort. I give his review 12/100.

May god have mercy on his soul

BladedExpert said:
After reading the 1st page I thought it was a joke review (like maybe an Onion article) but the more i read, the more it became clear he was bein serious. I actually laughed out loud a few times! Worst. Review Ever. The guy didnt have his facts straight, there were grammatical errors....just a 100% laughable effort. I give his review 12/100.

May god have mercy on his soul
Haha I saw that stealth edit, you. I thought you were making a fish joke at first but I guess not :(

Reviews like this guy's don't even phase me. People who actually read this and are dissuaded from buying the game because of it are precisely the people who have the same opinion as the author. Let him have his opinion and let it die without a big hubbub. The attention is what he wants, and the stir is what will make him satisfied.

It is clear that his review was made from rash conclusions and cloudy views into what Bungie offers to the FPS genre as a whole (storytelling, universe and further).

CrazedArabMan said:
Just finished watching the vidoc for the 2nd time, so awesome, come on, bring on the 22nd.

Oh man, same here. I went from mildy interested a year ago to "I NEED THE GAME" over the course of the year. The ViDoc "Terra Incognito" was like a sexual high and ejaculation.

Sweet fancy moses that has to be a joke review. It is hilariously bad.

"The dual wielding is there"

No it's not fuckwit. Not in the SP. At least make an effort to point that out. A cat with downs syndrome could've written a better review.

Metroidvania said:
Amazing vidoc, loved the new insights.

Tho I do wonder what the hell the thing at 8:15 is...
Metroid, that's an Engineer.:lol

Louis Wu said:
The signage (well, some of it) actually helps you navigate the city. If it looks like you're getting lost, the Super routes you with arrows and 'This Way' type signs.

(Of course, nobody can make you LOOK at them... :D )
:lol

Using the signs in the city to help you along is a much better way it seems than having to press the back (or start) button to look at the city layout. It looks like it makes the game flow a lot smoother.

Arhal_Katarn

God that reviewer was a moron, i stopped reading after the first page. "Broken Multiplayer" was the most pathetic thing. Its sad that some people have to hate something because its popular.

soldat7

Grimm Fandango said:
Not to mention the 360 is just incapable of that control type. Why would he even bring that up?

I'm currently playing (and loving) the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but for me the controls are not better, they're different. There isn't a 'superior' control method when it comes to FPS titles on the consoles; it's all entirely subjective. Even the reviewers in the latest GI were conflicted with one giving MP praise for the new control scheme and the other essentially calling the controls crap.

Edit: It looks like anyone can sign up with this site and post content. Additionally, I don't think review copies are even available yet...

Arhal_Katarn said:
God that reviewer was a moron, i stopped reading after the first page. "Broken Multiplayer" was the most pathetic thing. Its sad that some people have to hate something because its popular.

It's probably the common case of someone hating something because they are horrible at it. It makes them resent everyone that can actually play the game and enjoy it :lol

Louis Wu

Arhal_Katarn said:
Oh, come on... he doesn't hate, he has an acceptance of what it is (a casual shooter that anyone can play and enjoy) and either a light fondness for it or slight annoyance.

Frenck

Banned
Spitz said:

From the second article:

It's almost universally agreed upon that the Wii is for split-screen and local multiplayer, the 360 is for online play, and... well, the PS3 is sort of seen as the 'single-player' console. Unlike Metal Gear and about 20 other no-multiplayer big names, Halo would be on life support without multiplayer.

:lol

Seems like he is a Wii fanboy since he never wrote a bad word about Nintendo in his articles.

Dax01 said:
Where are Dan, Staten, Paul, Curtis and the rest in the video? Bungie's new office (under construction)?

Judging by the hallucinogenic blue lights and creepy insulated beams everywhere, I'd say a forerunner facility.

EazyB

Banned
Dax01 said:
Where are Dan, Staten, Paul, Curtis and the rest in the video? Bungie's new office (under construction)?
What a brilliant observations Dax! God damn do you have a good eye.

For someone that has time to spam this thread with a million posts, you sure need to take the time to read the damn thing every once and a while.

And I wouldn't say this if it was an isolated case.

StUnNeR H2K said:
<- has an appointment with a dude (or maybe chic) driving a Big Brown truck thursday! :D

... and the ViDoc was awesome!
So I am a little concerned. I got my tracking number from Newegg with an expected delivery date of September 17th, but the only thing on my tracking number is that the Billing Information Recieved?

Is anyone else shipping with UPS, who is actually getting an update?

Frenck

Banned
Did anyone read this gem yet?

You should also know that he can write positive reviews for games on Nintendo consoles even if they are re-releases and look like someone smeared shit on your HDTV.

I know this is OT but it puts things into perspective, even more than his ODST review already did.

soldat7

Hot vidoc is hot.

Frenck said:
Did anyone read this gem yet?

You should also know that he can write positive reviews for games on Nintendo consoles even if they are re-releases and look like someone smeared shit on your HDTV.

I know this is OT but it puts things into perspective, even more than his ODST review already did.

Hey now. Metroid Prime Trilogy looks pretty dang impressive.

EazyB said:

For someone that has time to spam this thread with a million posts, you sure need to take the time to read the damn thing every once and a while.

Last night you were being hypocritical, and now you're being ridiculous. Please, control yourself.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17500548&postcount=715
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17500684&postcount=716
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17500697&postcount=717
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17500766&postcount=719
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17500811&postcount=720

GhaleonEB said:
Thanks. I just re-read this thread and still didn't see it, now I know why. (And I still don't in the other, because Dax is using the viewing settings of children. I am a man.)

Everyone misses a post or two every once in awhile, even if they read that thread constantly. I didn't see that post before (probably skimmed over it, no offense Domino) and didn't mean to.
And I spam this thread? Really? In what way?

Anyway, the ODST Field Guide has been updated to include the latest ViDoc.

EazyB

Banned
Someone needs to register on that site and post a conflicting ODST review :p

Imperial Hot said:
Is anyone else shipping with UPS, who is actually getting an update?
Heard some people's games were supposed to be arriving today. Should be interesting to see if it all pans out.

Tashi0106 said:
Shit Eazy, I totally forgot that I was gonna try to break your map. I'm gonna give it a shot now while I'm on.
I've got it pretty well locked down, man. The only things that may be breakable is jumping from the column by os and even then I tried to do things there and nothing worked.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just saw the new ViDoc. It was pretty good.

Shit Eazy, I totally forgot that I was gonna try to break your map. I'm gonna give it a shot now while I'm on.

Magni

masterkajo said:
Does anyone know if the European version will have English voice acting? Or is it localised like Halo 3 and I would have to play it in my own language... (I want Nathan!!!!!)

I've wanted this for every Halo game since the first, but I'm not taking chances this time around. Order from the UK like me if you really want the original audio =)

And the Vidoc was sweeeet :D Good thing I've got so much work to do to keep me occupied, and the Xbox should be back on Live pretty soon
My ISP said:
Date de livraison prévue : 26/09/2009
:D

Sai-kun

Banned
EazyB said:

Holy shit dude, you need to take a chill pill. Not everyone always sees every post.

Fav part of the vidoc: The squad on a swinging[?] bridge as Banshees try to take them down. So good.

Louis Wu

Dax01 said:
And I spam this thread? Really? In what way?
I'm not nearly as annoyed by all this as Eazy seems to be - but it's hard to deny you post a lot.

gafthreadspamming.png

When you've got 25% more posts than the nearest poster (and the thread founder, to boot!) you might want to consider slowing down.

feel

FYI Dax, quoting you every time you post, and scrutinizing everything you said, is some sort of HaloGAF meme. Usually EazyB (or on the the mlg guys) is the man on point for the daily Dax, Numbers comes in once a week and posts a picture, then leaves in a sea of Dax meme glory.

Sai-kun

Banned
Louis Wu said:
I'm not nearly as annoyed by all this as Eazy seems to be - but it's hard to deny you post a lot.

gafthreadspamming.png

When you've got 25% more posts than the nearest poster (and the thread founder, to boot!) you might want to consider slowing down.

Where is that?

Top Bottom