• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Dot Game Heroes screens (From Software)

ZauMelz

Neo Member
inner-G said:
There's some (basic) kanji. Look @ 1:30 in the trailer.
Oh, I stand corrected then. I hope there's no complicated stuff in the rest of the dialogues... but the text looks simple enough to grasp.

mujun

konrad77 said:
Does anyone know how the response in Japan has been since they released the Zelda influenced trailer?

I looked out my window just after I watched. People were going crazy in the streets, rioting, I even saw one couple having sex right there on the street!

Needless to say I boarded up all my windows and have started ordering my groceries online.

Septimus

mujun said:
I looked out my window just after I watched. People were going crazy in the streets, rioting, I even saw one couple having sex right there on the street!

Needless to say I boarded up all my windows and have started ordering my groceries online.
:lol

ZauMelz

Neo Member
mujun said:

:lol made my day

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
mujun said:

kevm3

Looks like Dragon Quest with Zelda gameplay. Can't wait to see how this turns out. I may just buy it irregardless just on principle.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I haven't felt this way about a games media since Mario 64 media was first revealed. This game embodies the extremely hard to recapture free spirit and innocence of childhood gaming. I won't stop smiling when I play this.

ZauMelz

Neo Member
Victrix said:
From Software is still drinking awesome juice apparently, they're on a roll from Demon's Souls to this
They made good titles too in the past, just not everyone's cup of tea I guess...

garten

Neo Member
...but ok, looks cool enough. if Nintendo doesn´t want to make the New Zelda let´s give Sony a chance with this ALttP lookalike.

androvsky

mujun said:

So it's the last episode of Evangelion all over again? ;)

Gomu Gomu

garten said:
...but ok, looks cool enough. if Nintendo doesn´t want to make the New Zelda let´s give Sony a chance with this ALttP lookalike.

a) It is not made by a Sony studio.
b) It looks nothing like ALttP. It looks more like the first Zelda game.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
mujun said:

Wild times man. :lol

ZauMelz

Neo Member
3dheroedittrans.jpg

ZauMelz

Neo Member
Katana_Strikes said:
Oh you!!!

Now you can translate the rest of the game as your punishment.
Haha Don't worry, someone is bound to localize this. You'd have to be mentally disabled if you're a games publisher and won't pick this one up.

Artanisix

Hmm. I don't really like the art style at all. At times, the blockiness makes it difficult for me to discern what is what. The water is also notably terrible.

i wonder how playable this game is for someone who doesn't know how to read japanese

i thought it was going to be more text heavy like dragon warrior until i saw the trailer.

245er0h.jpg

2vlvgjd.jpg

1z2dniw.jpg

4qh374.jpg

e199bp.jpg

2v29kzq.jpg

2ugmk47.jpg

35bh5qs.jpg

2w6wbqf.jpg

2hdy91w.jpg

3D Dot Game Heroes may have retro themes, but it's pretty forward thinking in one sense. In addition to a male main character, you can choose to take control of a female character.

Each of the three character types, Prince, Hero, and Scholar have a female equivalent. In the Prince's case, the female version is called a Princess. The other classes keep the same name.

The character classes in 3D Dot Game Heroes have different strengths. The Prince class is well balanced, offering average physical and magic attack strength. The Hero has strong physical and magic strength. The Scholar class isn't particularly strong, but does have great magic power. For all three classes, the female version of the character has weaker physical attacks.

From also detailed the game's official soundtrack today. Set for release on November 25 through Aniplex, the single disc soundtrack will retail for ¥2,310 and include a special sticker and picture label for its first print run.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/09/18/3d_dot_game_heroes/

Kandinsky

SolidSnakex said:
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/316/329/3ddh18.jpg
Are you kidding me?:lol

Just hoping this game plays as awesome as it looks, cant wait for impressions from jgaf.

Edit:
From won't be at tgs and this game was not present on SCEJ's booth list :<
wtf? >O

Top Bottom