• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 Official Thread

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
burgerdog said:
Just stay offline and boot the game, when you get the prompt to connect ignore it and stay offline. You'll be able to play with no problems.

Anyway, what the fuck were they thinking ? :lol
Dude, send me your paypal or something because you just saved my day. Jesus Christ I couldn't stand this shit, almost broke my Dualshock. Got disconnected like 20 times...

Thanks a lot bro, I can finally continue my Master Ninja run -_-

Btw, I like how you need to complete the game 9 times at least, to get a platinum :lol

Dave1988

Seiken said:
Dude, send me your paypal or something because you just saved my day. Jesus Christ I couldn't stand this shit, almost broke my Dualshock. Got disconnected like 20 times...

Thanks a lot bro, I can finally continue my Master Ninja run -_-

Btw, I like how you need to complete the game 9 times at least, to get a platinum :lol

Why 9 times?

elohel

game is toootally underrated

big improvement over the 360 version more content and pretty bawlah online

anyone else feel like the game is just a scoach underrated?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dave1988 said:
Why 9 times?
Cleared the PATH OF THE ACOLYTE(silver)

Cleared the PATH OF THE WARRIOR(silver)

Cleared the PATH OF THE MENTOR(silver)

Cleared the PATH OF THE MASTER NINJA(silver)

^ That's four times. No, if you beat Warrior you won't get Acolyte trophy.

Master the Path of the Acolyte(silver)

Master the Path of the Warrior(silver)

Master the Path of the Mentor(silver)

Master the Path of the Master Ninja(gold)

^ That's another four times.

+ 1000 kills with every weapon, pretty much one extra playthrough on top of all eight above.

LordK

Seiken said:
Cleared the PATH OF THE ACOLYTE(silver)

Cleared the PATH OF THE WARRIOR(silver)

Cleared the PATH OF THE MENTOR(silver)

Cleared the PATH OF THE MASTER NINJA(silver)

^ That's four times. No, if you beat Warrior you won't get Acolyte trophy.

Master the Path of the Acolyte(silver)

Master the Path of the Warrior(silver)

Master the Path of the Mentor(silver)

Master the Path of the Master Ninja(gold)

^ That's another four times.

+ 1000 kills with every weapon, pretty much one extra playthrough on top of all eight above.

I believe I read somewhere that to get the trophy for Acolyte, you just
Go to the last chapter in chapter challenge and select Acolyte (and beat it of course)
assuming you first beat it on warrior.

Yoshichan

:lol :lol :lol I have no idea what to do against the last boss in
chapter 9, the big dude who blows himself up. it takes 100% of my health in master ninja so what I did was I used a ninpo at the exact same moment for invinsibilityn frames :lol
What's the correct way of doing it?

RE: PSN Connection Issues

For those experiencing it: do you tend to have this problem with other titles or are you all getting it primarily from playing NGS2? I'm inquiring about the boot to menu screen more so than just simply being signed-out from PSN.

Seiken said:
chapter 9, the big dude who blows himself up. it takes 100% of my health in master ninja so what I did was I used a ninpo at the exact same moment for invinsibilityn frames :lol
·feist· said:
No, seriously.
Just hold it down as he begins to explode.

Seiken said:

you're doing it right, you can also block it, but i've found using ninpo ensures that it misses you no matter what

·feist· said:
RE: PSN Connection Issues

For those experiencing it: do you tend to have this problem with other titles or are you all getting it primarily from playing NGS2? I'm inquiring about the boot to menu screen more so than just simply being signed-out from PSN.
Yesterday it was happening to me on Wipeout and on the dash, so I just stood offline after I got sick of being kicked back to the menu. Only been disconnected once today, and it was my router's fault.

edit: Great, now I get an error right at the end of the triple hallway in Chapter 16 or whatever right before the save. God damn PSN.

ultim8p00

Banned
Fyrus said:
How do I beat the
birdguys
on Momiji's level.. I keep getting owned.

Wait for their attack strings to finish, then hit them. If they counter-stun you, just kingdom dash out of it. If they jump into the air, wait for like a quarter of a second, then dash out of the way. They jump multiple times sometimes. Pretty easy battle.

Darkpen

Banned
I'm on the statue of liberty island, and I see 3 daggers on a podium in the museum, but I can't grab them D: Am I supposed to be able to get them?

Giolon

Darkpen said:
I'm on the statue of liberty island, and I see 3 daggers on a podium in the museum, but I can't grab them D: Am I supposed to be able to get them?
No, they took Inciendiary Shurikens away from Ryu in this version presumably so Ayane could have something unique. T.T

Darkpen

Banned
Giolon said:
No, they took Inciendiary Shurikens away from Ryu in this version presumably so Ayane could have something unique. T.T
oh :<

Why did they leave them all shiny them >.> Stupid Team NINJA. Should have made them un-shiny if they weren't going to let you grab them.

PSGames

elohel said:
game is toootally underrated

big improvement over the 360 version more content and pretty bawlah online

anyone else feel like the game is just a scoach underrated?

Most people that I've talked to that own both versions were disappointed by it.

The Blood added so much to the experience. The combat doesn't feel as satisfying without it. Also the game has less enemies and feels a lot easier than the original. I hate that you can't fully upgrade your weapons before the end of the game like you could in the original. It's just stupid. Co-op is decent but you're not playing through the game with another person it's just mission mode. Playing as Ayane left a lot to be desired. Not as horrible as Rachel but nowhere near as fun as Ryu himself. The new bosses weren't anything special, and really feel like an after thought. It's a GREAT port. The upped resolution and improved image quality is a plus. But overall I wanted this to be THE definitive version and it just isn't. There's too much I miss from the original.

Edit: And might I add it's infuriating to be repeatedly signed out of my PSN profile during my single player sessions and being booted out of the game.

DR2K

Banned
Fyrus said:
How do I beat the
birdguys
on Momiji's level.. I keep getting owned.

Square times 4 is the most effective combo. Dash in and out when after they start jumping, after you dodge the second jump then do that combo, and dash the hell away. Rinse repeat.

PSGames said:
The upped resolution and improved image quality is a plus. But overall I wanted this to be THE definitive version and it just isn't. There's too much I miss from the original.

No sir, it's the definitive version by a long shot. The original was an unbalanced, unfinished, unpolished mess of a game that should never have been released. NGS2 fixes all the wrong crap and adds a whole lot more to the mix. The only thing lost in translation is some poorly rendered blood spatters. The only questionable exclusion was the TOV. Even then, nothing major.

I Beat Path of the Master Ninja and All I Got Was This Stupid Trophy.
931BA218BDA44F1DAB3545B6F3B224EC49EC3D9F.PNG

Seriously; you don't unlock anything for beating PotMN. So lame. Anyway, not much really changes between the difficulties in this game. There aren't any more enemies than any other difficulties, they're just a higher grade (usually) and they do WAY more damage. One throw on MN = instant death, generally. The bosses are probably the hardest part, none of the levels were that hard.

To give an idea of how reduced the enemy count is in this game, between all three of my playthroughs and 5 or 6 team missions, I have around 3900 kills between all of my weapons. A full run of Master Ninja in NG2 is around 4200 kills.

On a side note, #1 on chapter challenge PotMN for chapter 1 :D Eat it Faiz82!

DR2K

Banned
iconoclast said:
I Beat Path of the Master Ninja and All I Got Was This Stupid Trophy.
931BA218BDA44F1DAB3545B6F3B224EC49EC3D9F.PNG

Seriously; you don't unlock anything for beating PotMN. So lame. Anyway, not much really changes between the difficulties in this game. There aren't any more enemies than any other difficulties, they're just a higher grade (usually) and they do WAY more damage. One throw on MN = instant death, generally. The bosses are probably the hardest part, none of the levels were that hard.

To give an idea of how reduced the enemy count is in this game, between all three of my playthroughs and 5 or 6 team missions, I have around 3900 kills between all of my weapons. A full run of Master Ninja in NG2 is around 4200 kills.

On a side note, #1 on chapter challenge PotMN for chapter 1 :D Eat it Faiz82!

Your lifebar should be gold by now. (and it'll be gold online for everyone to see)

DR2K said:
Your lifebar should be gold by now. (and it'll be gold online for everyone to see)

Ah yeah, just remembered that. I played one match online to check it out and the silver frame is indeed gold. Also, while the match ran at a reduced framerate, there was no freezing or input lag so it was perfectly playable. Then again I don't know how that particular stage runs offline, so maybe the framerate blows there too.

edit: Forgot to mention, I didn't fight any red dragons or those hover bots, so unless they're in the Team Missions they got cut.

Yoshichan

Joining you any hour now with the gold health :D

Seiken said:
Joining you any hour now with the gold health :D
Isn't this your first NG game? Damn, you're really powering through. Impressive!

I wonder, am I the only one who gets bloodshot eyes when I play this for extended periods? This and NG2 are pretty much the only games that do that to me. I wonder why...

Risette

A Good Citizen
Ugh, I still can't beat those guys. I pretty much got the wait for attack then strike thing down, but the other ass attacks me half of the time. Though I did get 1 down and the last to like 2/100 of health... :( Then I got bodyslammed.

I have no healing or ninpo restore. Can/should I just restart the chapter?

Fyrus said:
Ugh, I still can't beat those guys. I pretty much got the wait for attack then strike thing down, but the other ass attacks me half of the time. Though I did get 1 down and the last to like 2/100 of health... :( Then I got bodyslammed.

I have no healing or ninpo restore. Can/should I just restart the chapter?

Stay away from the other Tengu. Only the one that is closest to you will attack, the other will just occasionally throw some incendiary shurikens. When one of them does the double stomp, you can actually get a quick Triangle hit in when they land after the first stomp if you time your dashes right. Try using her 360+Triangle attack when they're open; it's what I used to take them out on Master Ninja and it seems pretty safe even if they block it.

Darkpen

Banned
So I just fought the giant water dragon thing in the underground water area.... and I was wondering (outside of "was I fighting it wrong, or was I supposed to use the cannon and shoot its mouth for maximum damage along with the fire spell"): Are there items in this area? You know, before you kill all of the fish to initiate the boss fight, were there any items? I sort of just went and started slicing up the fish :S

edit: oh, you get back into that area after the fight, lolz

PSGames said:
Most people that I've talked to that own both versions were disappointed by it.

The Blood added so much to the experience. The combat doesn't feel as satisfying without it. Also the game has less enemies and feels a lot easier than the original. I hate that you can't fully upgrade your weapons before the end of the game like you could in the original. It's just stupid. Co-op is decent but you're not playing through the game with another person it's just mission mode. Playing as Ayane left a lot to be desired. Not as horrible as Rachel but nowhere near as fun as Ryu himself. The new bosses weren't anything special, and really feel like an after thought. It's a GREAT port. The upped resolution and improved image quality is a plus. But overall I wanted this to be THE definitive version and it just isn't. There's too much I miss from the original.

Edit: And might I add it's infuriating to be repeatedly signed out of my PSN profile during my single player sessions and being booted out of the game.

Yeah, I guess it did add to the experience somewhat, but Team Ninja probably didn't want the game hidden behind counters at stores in Japan again because it was too violent to be displayed on the shelves. Add in the fact that X360 systems were not necessarily the most desirable consoles in Japan and that should tell the story. I even heard NG2 was banned in a few countries. Not sure if all of this is true or not, but I've heard this same story several times now. I think Team Ninja wanted to try to make the game a little bit more mainstream. Btw, this is the definitive version. Most of the issues of NG2 were resolved and improved upon. I know most individuals feel that NG1 is the better game, but I still think NGS2 is better than NG1(any of them). When I went back to NG1, the gameplay felt great still, yet archaic and slow to me.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rhazer Fusion said:
I think it was the appearance of
Kasumi
or maybe it was the
Dynasty Warrior costumes
?

aha thanks, was hoping for an inclusion of the old NES-games :D but alas... :(

Mets39

Rhazer Fusion said:
I think it was the appearance of
Kasumi
or maybe it was the
Dynasty Warrior costumes
?

I think this please more DOA fans than the NG crowd. I'd like myself a new DOA game!

Mets39 said:
I think this please more DOA fans than the NG crowd. I'd like myself a new DOA game!

I would also love to see a DOA5. I heard a rumor about it happening in late 2010, but I am not holding my breath.

panda21

lupinko said:
Girl from demo, blonde woman from sigma 1 awful stuff sections, and other girl all have their own stages, but it is only 1 stage each, well I think it is, I'm only on chapter 6. lol

so there is no unlock or anything for playing the whole thing as demo girl at all? lame :( they ought to have done a nero only unlock for dmc4 as well :(

DR2K

Banned
Rhazer Fusion said:
I would also love to see a DOA5. I heard a rumor about it happening in late 2010, but I am not holding my breath.

DOA5 is in production. Itagaki confirmed it in 2006. It's just a matter of when TN wants to show it. Probably after Metroid Other M, and around E3.

panda21 said:
so there is no unlock or anything for playing the whole thing as demo girl at all? lame :( they ought to have done a nero only unlock for dmc4 as well :(

Yeah they should have done that would be really fun. Maybe DLC?

Mets39

Rhazer Fusion said:

Hum ... You read that on random sites or serious source ?

God. The brain dead co-op AI really ruins everything about the team missions. You NEED to play online if you plan on finishing any mission above mentor, as the computer dies every 5 seconds.

Darkpen

Banned
So I'm gonna stop for the night at the... snowy place? I think I'm in eastern europe or something. Some thoughts:

I really, really enjoyed playing as Momiji and Rachael. Was happy to see that Rachael still has her crazy roll-over-the-back-of-enemies move, though I'm sad that since she's using a hammer now, that it can't be turned into a cheap decap attack, lolz

On the other hand, her moveset has awesomely increased in really cool ways that I approve of. I really like both moves where she incorporates her gun, but I primarily prefer using the version where she jumps into the air. I'm really enjoying my time through Path of the Warrior. Its good stuff.

I'm almost tempted to buy a 360 and either buy or rent NG2 on the cheap on that just to compare in terms of balance, since that's the one thing that everyone complains about. I've had a few rough times with the bosses, but overall NGS2 pacing and balance feels a lot like NG, and that's something I'm just absolutely loving.

Something that surprised me was Momiji's doublejump. I mean, that's really, really cool :lol I never thought I'd see a doublejump in a Ninja Gaiden game. More so, her aerial UT is pretty cool to pull off. At first I was having trouble with the 2 bosses, and I was afraid that it would turn into a.... what were they called? Ragni and Rudra? Something like that? The bosses in DMC3, where if you defeat one, the remaining guy beefs up :< I was afraid that was gonna happen here, but it didn't, which I appreciated greatly :lol

God, playing this, and seeing these lovely ladies, really makes me want a PS3 DoA D:
or even a DoA beach volley ball, lolz

Yoshichan

iconoclast said:
Isn't this your first NG game? Damn, you're really powering through. Impressive!
I played NG Sigma relentlessly back in the days but it's been two years or something since I played it last time :D I feel really comfortable after playing the NGS2 demo for 30+ hours though, that's where I got my training.

Btw, anyone else going to have a problem getting 1000 kills with each weapon? I mean, after using the Dragon Sword in Warrior from beginning to end, I got the trophy near the end! That means there's pretty much like 1200 enemies from start to end, which is pretty lame :(

What's everyone's strategy?

EDIT: Oh and I thought I'd manage to beat both Warrior, Mentor AND Master Ninja yesterday in one sitting (yes I don't have a job or a social life atm) but by the time I got to chapter 5 or something in Master Ninja, blood came out from my thumb nail, like next to it. Dead fucking serious, there's an opening atm, had to cover it up and shit. Can't play for crap now :( Going to try now.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finished my second playthrough yesterday, this time on warrior difficulty. Now to do the rest of the mentor team missions...

Lince

Banned
Seiken said:
blood came out from my thumb nail, like next to it. Dead fucking serious, there's an opening atm, had to cover it up and shit. Can't play for crap now :( Going to try now.

:lol give it a rest man!

Doc Evils

Seiken said:
EDIT: Oh and I thought I'd manage to beat both Warrior, Mentor AND Master Ninja yesterday in one sitting (yes I don't have a job or a social life atm) but by the time I got to chapter 5 or something in Master Ninja, blood came out from my thumb nail, like next to it. Dead fucking serious, there's an opening atm, had to cover it up and shit. Can't play for crap now :( Going to try now.

Holyshit dude.:lol

Any news about the fix for the PAL CE costumes?

Draft

Seiken said:
Dude.

That's awesome.

Kuraudo

Banned
Just popping in to say that this is an incredible game. I never really got into the first one (picked it up the day it came out, got pretty far that night then never got around to playing anymore; picked up Sigma last year and didn't even get as far as I had on Xbox), but I adore this. Character, enemy and enviroment design is all abysmal, but the gameplay's so much fun it doesn't matter. I really feel like a badass ninja obliterating everyone in my path.

So good.

However, whoever designed the online so that it kicks you from single player if your connection fucks up needs to give his Computer Science degree back. Seriously, what the fuck is that?

Ugh, the new day has brought a flabbiness in my skills. I did manage to make it through chapter 7 but used all my items in the process. I think I need to spend some time in the mission mode to get warmed up again.

WilyRook

Seiken said:
Btw, anyone else going to have a problem getting 1000 kills with each weapon? I mean, after using the Dragon Sword in Warrior from beginning to end, I got the trophy near the end! That means there's pretty much like 1200 enemies from start to end, which is pretty lame :(

What's everyone's strategy?

I plan on spamming the crab creatures and the spider skeletons in chapter mode. There's also that team mission that has a bunch of those crab creatures, that should help.

acevans2

I'm OCD on getting all trophies for the games I buy and I almost want to avoid this because I don't want to play it 9 times.

Top Bottom