• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker stage for Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U 09/30/15

Ozium

A perfect spot for Shadow Moses island.

latest

There's more of a chance of Capcom releasing a remake of Dino Crisis or a new one in the series than this happening

:(

CO6HmlSUAAEb3Wn.jpg

Looks like the perfect amount room for another stage is there. Wouldn't be surprised if we get another stage DLC announcement later

Apparently not even the stage select screen is immune to being disorganized and a mess from DLC.

Would it kill them to sort the DLC stages by new first and then retro?

Kevinroc

A new stage announcement out of nowhere.

The fighter ballot entry ends just a few days after this stage comes out. Maybe we could be getting more Smash announcements soon?

RK128

Or, here me out here, it's possible...Shovel Knight stage.

Could easily see The Plans level (intro stage), Enchantress's Fortress or Plague Knights Laboratory being great contenders for a Shovel Knight Smash level :D.

A new stage announcement out of nowhere.

The fighter ballot entry ends just a few days after this stage comes out. Maybe we could be getting more Smash announcements soon?

My bet is that we are getting a returning character (Wolf) and another new character (Shovel Knight), with four more on the way for 2016: Shantae, King K. Rool, Bomberman, and Corus Kids.

Then in mid 2016 we get a GOTY-style version for Wii U, 3DS and/or NX that has all the DLC content on disk for 50$.

They might have to on the 3DS version; after the four DLC characters, there is no room left for any more XD!

Not sure about the Wii U version though (don't own it)....

Wii U has room for 2 more characters, but can't have tabs, so they'll need to figure out something else. The tiles are basically at their limit for size as well.

They kind of have a predicament once they add 2 more characters on the Wii U.

Looks like they might have photoshopped the other stage out of this trailer, because the Stage Select Screen is all wrong and not how the game treats single row stages
qplf7ed.jpg

They're always centered.

The way the trailer showed it doesn't happen in game. Everything is always centered.

It bothers me how Dream Land isn't on the same row as the other N64 stages. God, this game's UI is such a mess.
While I agree, I think DLC Stages and characters are listed in the order you download them. Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe theres away to delete the DLC and download the, to arrange them better?

Edit: and another stage HYPE! All we need is Shovel Knight. :D

Ozium

Looks like they might have photoshopped the other stage out of this trailer, because the Stage Select Screen is all wrong and not how the game treats single row stages
qplf7ed.jpg

They're always centered.

The way the trailer showed it doesn't happen in game. Everything is always centered.

So.. Shadow Moses confirmed then?

J@hranimo

Banned
The twist is that they're going to combine the two.
Shovel Snake.

I'll be ok with this. Let's get all Playstation All-Stars and mix these stages up! :p

Yacht Club Games have good taste.

That they do :)

Could easily see The Plans level (intro stage), Enchantress's Fortress or Plague Knights Laboratory being great contenders for a Shovel Knight Smash level :D.

My bet is that we are getting a returning character (Wolf) and another new character (Shovel Knight), with four more on the way for 2016: Shantae, King K. Rool, Bomberman, and Corus Kids.

Then in mid 2016 we get a GOTY-style version for Wii U, 3DS and/or NX that has all the DLC content on disk for 50$.

I think the plains with the Enchantress' castle in the background looking super foreboding would be awesome.

FSLink

Banned
PZ80JM7.png

Seems to be an odd blurry circle where the other stage would be as well.

Come on Nintendo, just unistall the DLC next time.

In any case, I think that missing stage would likely be tied to a DLC character. If it was just a retro stage or something returning, they could have just revealed it today. But that's just my guess.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Sakurai, please give us Snake!

Wii U has room for 2 more characters, but can't have tabs, so they'll need to figure out something else. The tiles are basically at their limit for size as well.

They kind of have a predicament once they add 2 more characters on the Wii U.

Well, from what I remember long time ago that someone managed to fit in 4 more character slots in the character selection screen without making it look weird.

So I see the following things you can't do in Super Mario Maker--placeable lava pits, slopes, tilted platforms, and SMB3 Castle theme Hard Blocks in the SMB3 Ground theme. Would love to see this stuff in the actual Super Mario Maker.

RK128

So I see the following things you can't do in Super Mario Maker--placeable lava pits, slopes, tilted platforms, and SMB3 Castle theme Hard Blocks in the SMB3 Ground theme. Would love to see this stuff in the actual Super Mario Maker.

Its likely that those assets are a 'tease' for a big update to Super Mario Maker; when the Smash DLC drops, these get added to Mario Maker as a free update.

The reason why they aren't in the main game is likely due to those elements not being fully finished yet, but despite that, the Mario team gave the Smash team the Mario Maker Assets for a stage to help cross-promote the game or something.

So in a way, we can take this Smash Bros. stage as a sneak peak at Mario Makers future updates :).

Top Bottom