• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

LiK

Unlikely, eh? PAK never do reissues? I figured the older figs I see still available were reissues, but I guess they're unsold from the first and only round.

depends. they've reissued some FF, KH and a few other franchises but none of the MGS ones have been reissued. Solid Snake and Cyborg Ninja have never been reissued even tho the demand is there judging from the aftermarket prices. I still have both of them sealed and was actually contemplating selling them because I've seen them sold for $300+ lol

depends. they've reissued some FF, KH and a few other franchises but none of the MGS ones have been reissued. Solid Snake and Cyborg Ninja have never been reissued even tho the demand is there judging from the aftermarket prices. I still have both of them sealed and was actually contemplating selling them because I've seen them sold for $300+ lol
It's like if PAK likes money but not that much, just a specific amount, re-issue and get more money? That's too much money!

LiK

It's like if PAK likes money but not that much, just a specific amount, re-issue and get more money? That's too much money!

I regret not buying the con exclusive red Cyborg Ninja now. the cheapest was $90+ on eBay back in the day and I thought it was too much. but the price only went up and it's near impossible to find for a good price now. should've pulled the trigger. he looks so badass. funny that most PAKs now cost as much as they do and I'm just buying them anyway.

More Hot Toys Force Awakens figures. My wallet cannot handle this.

12029695_10153069699122344_7311482682208032054_o.jpg

12030374_10153069690887344_8404421107092821433_o.jpg

Glad I had Quiet pre-ordered not long after Ami-Ami had the pre-orders up. Figured this would happen since when I was getting into PAK figures I tried getting a Bayonetta PAK figure after release (eventually found a new/sealed one, but still rather pricey). Thought if Bayo was going to be a tough find, I imagine any MGS figure would be even harder, so bit the bullet and I'm happy I did.

Replicant

My Hot Toys' Venom Snake/Naked Snake is here. Damn, he looks good. I also found out that the top of my Detolf shelf is a good place to do some figure photography:

neFL4yx.png

YnOTqOo.png

Sorry about the plastic. I'm putting him back on the box since my Detolf is already over-crowded as it is now.

My Hot Toys' Venom Snake/Naked Snake is here. Damn, he looks good. I also found out that the top of my Detolf shelf is a good place to do some figure photography:

neFL4yx.png

YnOTqOo.png

Sorry about the plastic. I'm putting him back on the box since my Detolf is already over-crowded as it is now.
Congratz!
Are you sure that's Venom? It looks a tad younger and the suit resembles a lot the one he used in peace Walker, plus no horn.
Also can you take some pictures posing and stuff, can't really appreciate the articulation and possability in that pic.

Fjordson

Got my play arts sneaking suit Venom Snake in from AmiAmi. I'm often critical of play arts kai stuff, but I gotta say...this is a really solid figure. Paint looks good and I think body sculpt and proportions are better than any of the previous MGS V Snakes.

But yo, I really wish you didn't have to sign for import packages. Me and the wife sleep kinda late on weekends, so I'm not a fan of my doorbell getting spammed at 9 AM :lol

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just opened up my first Monsterarts figure!

I also bought Gigan, Gamera, and Godzilla 2000...
But those are gifts to Future Kipp. I just had to buy them now before the prices went up.

Kipp

That look awesome!

Thanks! I'm so stoked about it. It's even better than I could've imagined. The details and the articulation are incredible.

And also, that fig in particular is only $40 on Amazon right now, since there were some paint problems with some of them around the mouth (though mine seems flawless to my eyes) and also because they just released a recolored version with a glowing blue spine.

The other three Monsterarts I got were $60-70 each, so $40 is a steal for such a great figure. I'd highly recommend it.

Kipp

Lol... Just noticed that both the right and the left legs of my Godzilla figure are left legs. Niiice.

Luckily I got it from Amazon so it should be super easy to get it replaced.

Hagi

took me a hot minute to figure out what you meant because i was looking at the feet lol

cool you are getting into monsterarts I really want the atomic breath 2015 Godzilla that comes with the Muto head

Zombine

Banned
Lol... Just noticed that both the right and the left legs of my Godzilla figure are left legs. Niiice.

Luckily I got it from Amazon so it should be super easy to get it replaced.

I think this is a Godzilla figure thing dude. My gigantic Godzilla figure has two "left" feet as well.

Kipp

took me a hot minute to figure out what you meant because i was looking at the feet lol

cool you are getting into monsterarts I really want the atomic breath 2015 Godzilla that comes with the Muto head

Yeah, at first I was going to get the atomic breath Godzilla 2014, but I couldn't justify double the price (it goes for $80 and the normal one goes for $40) just for a different colored spine and two accessories. Plus, in the end, I actually decided I liked the standard version more. Or at least I convinced myself that I do. Haha

Kipp

I think this is a Godzilla figure thing dude. My gigantic Godzilla figure has two "left" feet as well.

I looked at some pictures of other peoples' figs online and none of them had this issue (for example, this one). It seems pretty clear that it's a mistake. And it's not the feet, it's just that little leg section. It screws up the posing on that leg pretty badly.

Drayco21

I wasn't planning on picking any of them up, but I saw Rook and the rest of the Protectobots at retail today and couldn't help but pick him up.

I've never had any affinity for any of the Protectobots, so I didn't mind it when Hasbro showed that Groove was being replaced with a new guy for the Combiner Wars version of Defensor. Rook really stands out from the rest of the wave, not just because he's a new mold, but because he's such a bulky, cool looking dude. From his football helmet guard face and chess piece head, to his wide, bulky frame, down to his crazy cannon-hands- Rook is a distinctly unique looking Autobot, and I really dig it- so much that I don't even mind that I'm going to be buying it again as Swindle.

The cannon-hands aren't just neat cannons, but since they're peg holes for weapons too, they also let him have a cool Impactor-style claw-hook hand, or let's you plug in the giant Combiner hands into them instead to give him stupid, oversized hulk hands which is a fun little thing.

I really dig the vehicle mode too; like the other Combiner Wars figures I've picked up so far, the actual transformation is pretty simple and feels pretty good- it's a refreshing change of pace from the pre-combiner Generations figures, all of which that I bought felt like there were places that felt like they were going to break, snap or just fall apart during the transformation. His vehicle mode is a great looking armored SWAT carrier, covered in tons of sculpted details and pegholes for new pieces and weapons, so he can easily mount his combiner mode hand/foot as a weapon on it.

I really only bought Rook because I caved seeing the design in-person, and I was going to need a filler limb for Superior/Optimus Maximus, since I'm never going to find Firefly or Slingshot, and I'm not interested in Mirage or Sunstreaker, but now that I have him in-person, I'm really pleased to have bought him- I absolutely love the character design, the vehicle is just as sharp looking, and there's a lot of fun to be had with him, even without his teammates.

It's kinda weird that, of the series out so far, my stand-out favorites from Combiner Wars so far have been Alpha Bravo and Rook, the new guys that seem to make people furious just for existing.

Replicant

Congratz!
Are you sure that's Venom? It looks a tad younger and the suit resembles a lot the one he used in peace Walker, plus no horn.
Also can you take some pictures posing and stuff, can't really appreciate the articulation and possability in that pic.

Well, let's just call him "Naked Snake". I just like the name of Venom Snake better.

I'm too lazy to pose him atm (sorry, I have lots of personal problem atm) but I did take picture of the box with all the hands/accessories that I'll post tonight after I got home.

Well, let's just call him "Naked Snake". I just like the name of Venom Snake better.

I'm too lazy to pose him atm (sorry, I have lots of personal problem atm) but I did take picture of the box with all the hands/accessories that I'll post tonight after I got home.
Looking forward to those pics!

ChrisD

Somewhat goofy, somewhat annoying morning.

I checked my shipping information when I woke up and noticed that my Figma was out for delivery today. Just as I put my iPod down two minutes later, I see through the window our USPS walk up to the door. I was still in sleepwear, so I got up and got dressed. Took all but one minute. I walked into the living room and opened the door to see him walking back into his car and driving off with the package.

he never even knocked

He's a cool guy, so I'm not actually too annoyed, but a knock would have been nice. Guess I'm making a Post Office trip later this evening.

Somewhat goofy, somewhat annoying morning.

I checked my shipping information when I woke up and noticed that my Figma was out for delivery today. Just as I put my iPod down two minutes later, I see through the window our USPS walk up to the door. I was still in sleepwear, so I got up and got dressed. Took all but one minute. I walked into the living room and opened the door to see him walking back into his car and driving off with the package.

he never even knocked

He's a cool guy, so I'm not actually too annoyed, but a knock would have been nice. Guess I'm making a Post Office trip later this evening.

I was expecting a figure last Friday, tracking said out for delivery, fast forward to the afternoon I track the package again because it should have been delivered already and it says "attempted delivery, a delivery notice was left at the door" well I was there the whole day and NO delivery card was left at my door. I had to call and wait 20 minutes to get a human to talk to me, they gave me the delivery card number and I had to wait till today after 1 pm for pickups at the local post office, thank god the person there didn't mind I only had the delivery notice number and not the real one, but yeah, infuriating none the less.

dankir

Got AoU War Machine, Black Widow and Hawkeye today!

11999666_10156120205630451_2735203071499943389_o.jpg

12029561_10156120205405451_5293402590155170686_o.jpg

12017493_10156120205420451_7019517822629822349_o.jpg

For comparison, I'm just missing the Chautari figures but basically my AoU line is already half as large as my Avengers collection and Hot Toys has TONS left to release.

9L7M3Kh.jpg

iqubal

Banned
ok need advice! Can get both for same price off a friend. Hot toys Classic Predator or Elder Predator. Both mint in box. They both look awesome but sadly can only afford one :)

ok need advice! Can get both for same price off a friend. Hot toys Classic Predator or Elder Predator. Both mint in box. They both look awesome but sadly can only afford one :)

Elder is a much cooler figure. I think there's a good chance they will make a P1 Predator later on so you can always get that later

Top Bottom