• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Replicant

you wish?

12002225_564032397095863_1159376031753209919_n.jpg

Oh wait this is Leon lol, my bad. They did RE5 Chris so I'm sure they'll do RE6.

They better hurry before Capcom comes with RE7. I want Chris, God dang it!

Daaaamn dat Phasma figurearts

Looks a bit like silver duck with a cape. J/K! I will get her still to complete the villain collection (never bothered buying the heroes since their face sculpture are nada).

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Soooo I'm pretty sure I want to spend a significant amount of money on Godzilla-related MonsterArts...
Someone talk me into it/out of it.

I'm looking into Godzilla 2000 (Special Color Version), Godzilla 2014 (Spitfire Edition) Gigan, Gamera (I know, not Godzilla), and the Effects sets.

Right now I'm leaning towards getting Godzilla 2000, Gigan, and one of the Effects sets just so I can get a nice scene going.

Godzilla 2014 (non-Spitfire Edition) is only $40 on Amazon, which is pretty damn cheap, but it's also got some bad reviews. It'd be sort of tempting to have my cake and eat it too by getting the Godzilla 2000 figure and the $40 2014 figure, but I dunno.

LiK

Remember when Revoltech Minis were announced they were supposed to be cheaper smaller versions for collectors? With MGSV, they keep raising the prices. now the latest Boss with Sneaking suit is retailing for 6,998 yen. jebus.

Remember when Revoltech Minis were announced they were supposed to be cheaper smaller versions for collectors? With MGSV, they keep raising the prices. now the latest Boss with Sneaking suit is retailing for 6,998 yen. jebus.

Jesus, most Figuarts don't even retail for that do they? Still though, really hoping Kaiyodo do a version with his regular desert fatigues as well.

I don't think that figure is part of the mini line.

LiK

I already have a Mini Revoltech Venom Snake, but that Sneaking Suit Venom Snake is awful tempting.

yea, I need to pick up the regular Venom Snake. he's widely available for $40.

..... Its seems the Vulcanlog line aren't even in the revoltech line. They aren't made by Kaiyodo. Instead by Union Creative..... Guess they just want more money...

yea, noticed that too. hope they release Quiet as well. she would be a huge seller.

I just want my mini revol D-horse, Kaiyodo pls
Also I am ordering a couple more mini revol Soviet Soldiers, the re-enacting possibilities are just endless

Fjordson

Just had the email to say it's been dispatched. I'm off for 2 weeks from next week so hopefully it'll land then at some point. "Be careful down there boss!".
Just got my shipping notification also.

Kinda hyped for this figure tbh. Love MGS V (and MGS in general) but I don't have any Phantom Pain figs yet.

dankir

Remember that Comiccave mechanical 1/4 scale Hulkbuster ??

10922542_1497976297167116_2827935855232244486_n.jpg

11224462_1497976303833782_9135344871967512657_n.jpg

12019842_1497976343833778_3397054280870961052_n.jpg

Not even Stan Lee can afford it lol.

I'll stick with my 825 dollar 1/6 Hot Toys version.

Ryuuroden

I know this maybe should go in the gundam thread but it applies here too. I just recently picked up the fix fig metal composite unicorn gundam (awakened ver.) and it is amazing. It's so small but the level of detail and movable and tranformable parts is amazing. It doesn't take up a large amount of space for me too.

Anyone have an opinion on the King Arts Iron Man? Or King Arts in general? I can't see to find any reviews on it https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KGA10006&mode=retail

looks good though and it's diecast. And cheaper than Hot Toys (albeit smaller).

I have King Arts Starboost preordered but it's not out yet. Budget Stark has some videos about King Arts that may help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EljReg0rv2I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJOohZC85qg

He has several more but you'll have to go through his videos to find them.

Fjordson

Yarbskoo

After what seems like years, I finally have figma Lucina.
ROyOPsm.png

I thought the amiibo was a decent representation of the character, but the figma easily blows it away.
8vIAgXC.png
FQ8tHas.png

I think the smiling face is slightly pinker than the other one, but the blush is not nearly as noticeable as the promo image suggests.
51TbDf0.png

There's quite a few configurations to choose from, but it still feels a bit light on accessories.
YCUm8Ft.png
q4rnhcK.png

OverallI really like this figure. It's worth the price and maybe even worth the decade and a half it took to finally get here. It'll take me some time to get used to these new wrist joints though. At one point I pulled too hard when trying to remove the hand, and the rest of the arm came apart out from under the cuff. I don't think it's supposed to be able to do that.

Bittercup

Venom Snake arrived. So cute together with Quiet.
quietvenom8js8h.png

I'm glad I ordered them in time. The prices especially for Quiet seem to have skyrocketed.
Small issues with the Snake figure through. The part of the scarf on his shoulder was almost loose in the box and quickly fell off and he has 2 rubber bands on his back from his outfit and one of them seems to be assembled incorrectly and is too long, which looks dumb and I don't think it can be fixed easily but fortunately is only on his back. But overall I'm happy with the quality.
Really well made figures and the details are great.

LiK

yea, Quiet PAK is on par with Cyborg Ninja PAK in popularity. the lowest for her is $150 if you're lucky now.

Venom Snake arrived. So cute together with Quiet.
quietvenom8js8h.png

I'm glad I ordered them in time. The prices especially for Quiet seem to have skyrocketed.
Small issues with the Snake figure through. The part of the scarf on his shoulder was almost loose in the box and quickly fell off and he has 2 rubber bands on his back from his outfit and one of them seems to be assembled incorrectly and is too long, which looks dumb and I don't think it can be fixed easily but fortunately is only on his back. But overall I'm happy with the quality.
Really well made figures and the details are great.

Mad jelly at your Quiet, I hope for a very unlikely re-issue

Bittercup

Mad jelly at your Quiet, I hope for a very unlikely re-issue
Yeah the rarity of some figures can make this hobby quite frustrating. Especially when they are popular and most likely would sell great again but still don't get re-issued.
I hope you'll find one with a good price. Good luck :)

Top Bottom