• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

I can't unsee donald duck when I look at the new troopers now

And now you will, too muahahaha

This is all I see.
bHuNeHz.jpg

Snaku

Banned
This sounds like bad news guys.

From Bruce's Scale Modeling Domain

HEADS UP FOLKS!! I have received some feedback regarding the restrictions imposed on Bandai from selling their Star Wars kits outside Japan. Apparently the directive and pressure is from Disney themselves, and not from Revell or any other party as indicated from other forums and posts. In fact, Disney may be beginning to apply pressure on other Japanese Manufacturers involved with Star Wars merchandises to restrict their sales to only within the country, and may include other items such as PVC figures, statues, toys, etc etc. Hence depending on the company's agreement with Disney, we can expect more stuff to get pulled out of the overseas market later. I can't reveal my source due to legal reasons but I can tell you they are dependable - and very worried about their sales and profit margins. In the event this rule is applied nationwide (since I still see a few shops selling them) the only option is to get Kit Hunters from Japan to get them for you. Look for my notes section to see who these people are. If you are residing in Japan and not affiliated with any shops there but are willing to help, please let me know and I'll include your contacts there.

UPDATE: Apparently I just found out the original contract between some of these manufacturers and Disney did state that the merchandise were indeed for sales within Japan only. Somehow these got through to online shops that didn't know about this rule. So now we have a lot of very unhappy vendors there as well as very unhappy fans outside Japan.

UPDATE II : I have been asked to list down all the effected merchandises. Unfortunately I don't have a list given to me. The only ones I know for sure were the Bandai kits since I am more into model kits. But if you were to look at Hobby Search's Japanese site and compare it to the English site, you can already see some of the things not model kits related there (at the Japanese site) missing from the English site. As for other brands like SH- Figuarts, Kotobukiya, etc etc, I have no idea if they too will be effected. I was only told Disney is applying some pressure to have these Japanese Manufacturers comply with their agreement.

The future of importing Star Wars Figuarts and models doesn't look too good right now.

Fjordson

Man I hope NECA's Heroes of the Storm line is good. They're $25 6 inch figs, so I'm not expecting too much, but we're long overdue for a solid line of Blizzard figures. Should have Illidan and Nova by this time next week.

I'm also really tempted to order the Solid Snake Figma since it's on Amazon with Prime shipping. Playing MGS V is giving me MGS fever, but the face on Figma Snake looks weird in pictures online so I dunno.

Replicant

I'm also really tempted to order the Solid Snake Figma since it's on Amazon with Prime shipping. Playing MGS V is giving me MGS fever, but the face on Figma Snake looks weird in pictures online so I dunno.

Don't. It looks awful. GSC can't do male face to save their life.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It may not be perfect, but it's the best Snake for a Smash scaled collection. I love mine!

...Okay, except for whatever that other face is.

wpdyb0f.png

I like my Solid Snake Figma, but he was a little disappointing. The face paint was a little overdone and it teeters dangerously into blackface territory.

Wanderer5

This sounds like bad news guys.

From Bruce's Scale Modeling Domain

The future of importing Star Wars Figuarts and models doesn't look too good right now.

Oh jeez, guess it be black series for Phasma then if her figurearts one ends up being a hassle to get, through it probably be the black series one for me either way.:p

Does anyone know when the Guts statue from Gecco comes out?

I have it pre-ordered at AmiAmi and they only have it listed for a September release. September what?! I NEED IT!

Bloodember

Does anyone know when the Guts statue from Gecco comes out?

I have it pre-ordered at AmiAmi and they only have it listed for a September release. September what?! I NEED IT!

GSC doesn't show a release date for it on their release schedule yet. You'll have to wait till they post it.

Zombine

Banned
Fucking Disney...what does our importing have to do with anything??? We're buying the Bandai figured because we don't want the hasbro crap. They weren't going to get a sale from us to begin with.

Hagi

Aww man that fucking sucks I wanted to add some of the new Force Awakens model kits to an order on AmiAmi and noticed they weren't being listed on the english site anymore. Boba Fett and Slave I are even listed in the best seller banner but the link leads to nothing. Hopefully they sort this shit out.

Flintty

If this Disney intervention is really happening, I assume our pre orders will be OK?

I hope so, I have every figure so far on order :(

LiK

opened up the Batman: AK Play-Arts figures over the weekend. Wow, quality is top notch for both Batman and Arkham Knight. their joints are so stiff so they hold up their positions. Very clicky. Not shitty like with the past figures from a few years ago. much improved.

Man I hope NECA's Heroes of the Storm line is good. They're $25 6 inch figs, so I'm not expecting too much, but we're long overdue for a solid line of Blizzard figures. Should have Illidan and Nova by this time next week.

I'd say go for it if you're a Metal Gear fan. The extra face is terrible admittance, but I think he's a good representation of MGS2 Snake. Really pose-able too. I've got him 'L2' Peeking round the corner of my MGSV Collectors edition at the moment.

Still waiting anxiously for my PAK Big Boss Sneaking Suit but there's no set date for it, just 'September'.

Fjordson

Another Stealth Iron Man armor (Mark 3)

11904734_10153048371307344_4339391825297558228_n.jpg

11713726_10153048371302344_1474495721375669920_o.jpg
That's hot. Do want.

I'd say go for it if you're a Metal Gear fan. The extra face is terrible admittance, but I think he's a good representation of MGS2 Snake. Really pose-able too. I've got him 'L2' Peeking round the corner of my MGSV Collectors edition at the moment.

Still waiting anxiously for my PAK Big Boss Sneaking Suit but there's no set date for it, just 'September'.
The suit does look pretty good...we'll see.

It's frustrating that a character as big as Solid Snake has such limited options when it comes to action figures.

So that's how they did the light up saber on ben. I was wondering how they were gonna work that. People say his likeness looks bad, but I think it looks pretty damn good

Replicant

Always liked that model, but he never wore that suit in 3. Looking forward to what they do with the MGSV character, but through gritted teeth as I know I'll want one if it's of that standard.

I didn't want to take any chance in case they're not doing MGS anymore (lord knows they have full plate on their schedules with all of the Star Wars and Marvel stuff coming out). I remember how RE6's Chris Redfield never got the Hot Toys treatment. Pissed me off because I wanted to get a Chris Redfield Hot Toys and the ones that are out there now are RIDICULOUSLY priced (like $600 or something). That's why I decided to get this one since the price is not that far from other Hot Toys items.

LiK

I didn't want to take any chance in case they're not doing MGS anymore (lord knows they have full plate on their schedules with all of the Star Wars and Marvel stuff coming out). I remember how RE6's Chris Redfield never got the Hot Toys treatment. Pissed me off because I wanted to get a Chris Redfield Hot Toys and the ones that are out there now are RIDICULOUSLY priced (like $600 or something). That's why I decided to get this one since the price is not that far from other Hot Toys items.

I sold all my RE5 Hot Toys figures for ridiculous prices. wanted to keep them for the guns but not worth it since they're worth a lot. I only have Battlesuit Jill left. she's been hard to get rid of lol

Got the Mark 3 the other day. Here's my current pose for It. Disappointed in the lack of articulation overall but it's a great looking armor.

I really can't do much with the legs since it just causes the foot to look awkward as hell without the ankle articulation.

Anybody know where I can get the PAK Venom Snake for a decent price? Not the Sneaking Suit variant, the Tiger Stripe or Splitter version.

Top Bottom