• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was thinking about playing Blade and Soul but that character creator man.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Three qualms about it first off

1. The character creator is a bit more complex than the standard MMO, but the there is a high likelyhood that most players are going to either make a super plastic doll girl or something ugly. Good for people that can create a decent character, bad in that you will be inundated with a world full of creatures that are supposed to look human but don't.
2. The outfits in the game oh boy
3. This game possibly has the worst "cute" "furry" race.

cpekZBf.jpg

Q9Hz7oa.jpg

The Lyn race

The outfits (just so you know I'm not posting the most egregious ones)

AfyHXjk.jpg

(The fuck proportions)
W0RtnXP.png

iuWBlFB.jpg

wVZ0vGR.jpg

G6Rr08k.jpg

k1V4QUO.jpg
I mean I like tits and ass as much as the next guy, but come on.

_woLf

I personally really like Hyung-tae Kim's art style. It was great in Magna Carta too.

Super looking forward to B&S.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Interestingly enough the male character creator is actually pretty good.

Also now I'll post some stuff from the WTF category.

v8Pizr3.jpg

sMWTlKQ.jpg

BY8H9Le.jpg

Is this the old woman from a Ghibli movie?
5Qzx5Qi.jpg

and whatever this thing is

It's nothing special in terms of gameplay, IMO. But it is going to be F2P, so it's not like you'd have anything to lose.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The outfits look great. :)))
Explain. Explain how these outfits have any sort of merit besides "virtual bewbs." There's no originality, no sense of coherency(aside from how incredibly consistent they are with the sexism), no reason why these outfits look and are designed they way besides "Well, it will attract men to play the game." So again, please explain how they look great. This is incredibly stupid looking.

Explain. Explain how these outfits have any sort of merit besides "virtual bewbs." There's no originality, no sense of coherency(aside from how incredibly consistent they are with the sexism), no reason why these outfits look and are designed they way besides "Well, it will attract men to play the game." So again, please explain how they look great.
Chill out?

Explain. Explain how these outfits have any sort of merit besides "virtual bewbs." There's no originality, no sense of coherency(aside from how incredibly consistent they are with the sexism), no reason why these outfits look and are designed they way besides "Well, it will attract men to play the game." So again, please explain how they look great. This is incredibly stupid looking.

Looking good is still a valid reason to like the armour even if you don't share the same view. I think it's a bit much, he likes it, you hate it. Opinions!

Goroh

Because he likes them? I like them too.

I am perfectly calm, I would just like an explanation on how these look good. It's super tacky looking in the most predictable and boring way possible.
Ok.
Im pretty sure that guy wasn't completely serious but people also have different taste. Unless you can somehow prove these outfits are objectively bad.

Trace

Banned
I played the Chinese version of Blade and Soul, it was alright, never really got into it.

Has that Korean grind syndrome going on.

mStudios

wat

R.D.Blax

You just sold me that game. And there is far worse out there, I remember that MMO where you can't only play almost naked woman or something

I played the japanese server version for a week or so, don't mind the art but man the grind is absurd. You get no gold from kills, and get maybe 1 or 2 per quest and it takes like 7-25 to use the quick travel system. Gameplay was pretty decent, something I may give another look if they fix the economy for the NA release. I think next month is the start of the NA closed beta (only guaranteed way to get in is to buy founder status), not actual release tho

Oh man, I remember this game. Wasn't it out like 3 years ago in Korea? I was actually looking forward to it coming out over here, but weeks turned to months, months turned to seasons... And for two and a half years, the game passed out of all knowledge.

I kinda dig the art style though. Looks too plastic-y, but otherwise they're OK. Dug what's-his-name's work in MagnaCarta too.

Besides looking young though, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be outraged about over the Lyn. Clothing and poses/mannerisms don't appear to be very revealing or compromising, going by those screenshots.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Most of the game's characters are awful looking, especially the player created ones. It is actually possible to make something that doesn't look completely ridiculous though, it's just fucking hard to do.

docbon

The lyn race look like they still belong in the womb. Simply awful looking.

That being said, I'm 100% onboard for making an old lady character.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The lyn race look like they still belong in the womb. Simply awful looking.

That being said, I'm 100% onboard for making an old lady character.

There's old people Lyn running around too. Your mentor at the start of the game is one. It's kinda weird.

Getting a little too worked up over someone expressing their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom