• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures hits Wii U VC this week

@MUWANdo

Banned
tumblr_mz4uhyqNRC1qegdapo1_500.gif

Originally released for SNES/Mega Drive but never re-released, this avant-garde masterpiece is finally being resurrected for the Wii U Virtual Console this week (in PAL regions, at least). Are you ready to experience the wonder of shooting random crap with a slingshot while Pac saunters around like a smug idiot? I know I am!

tumblr_mzvmkhIInM1qagmleo1_400.gif

TheMoon

They can put shit out like this but they can't put out Zero Mission?

They can put out Zero Mission and they have because Zero Mission has been out in Europe, where THIS comes out this week, for months. If you wanna get your NOA whining out, do it in a thread related to NOA.

greg400

Banned
They can put out Zero Mission and they have because Zero Mission has been out in Europe, where THIS comes out this week, for months. If you wanna get your NOA whining out, do it in a thread related to NOA.
Rhdqr.jpg

OP did not specify other regions, he just said he knew it was coming to PAL therefore other regions are still in this discussion.

Fat4all

Banned
Ah, now's the perfect time to revisit some of my favorite frustrated playthroughs on Youtube of this gem.

It's an "Interactive Cartoon"!

TheMoon

Easy to say for someone that's in a region that has it available.

Of course it sucks. Everyone knows this. The part where every mention of Virtual Console right now brings about the "something something zero mission" crowd is the part that's annoying as hell.

on topic: so, is this Pac Man platformer actually good? can't really tell from the comments here.

greg400

Banned
Of course it sucks. Everyone knows this. The part where every mention of Virtual Console right now brings about the "something something zero mission" crowd is the part that's annoying as hell.
Get over it, I don't spend my life on this board reading every new virtual console thread to see that other people talk about it.

Wii U gets this but not CE or DX. Thanks Namco.

It was supposed to with Pac-Man Museum, but Namco Bandai canned it (and on 3DS). :/

At least CE is on 3DS, but only as part of Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions. :( I'd Day 1 an eShop release, I love it!

Could use some tweaks, I don't think it runs in 60fps (the 3D is cool though).

Veldin

on topic: so, is this Pac Man platformer actually good? can't really tell from the comments here.

It's practically a point-and-click adventure with very interactive environments, which is something I think is pretty unique for a 1994 console release. Basically, instead of the cursor directly controlling your character, it affects the environment. Pac-Man reacts to what you do and you use that indirect, non-verbal communication to complete tasks. You can also use 'Look' commands to influence where he moves and what he notices. While it's not very long the game world has a certain depth that makes exploring fun and often amusing. There's a lot to play around with. Personally I think it's brilliant but most people think it's bad because it's not a "Pac-Man" game.

kitsuneyo

It was supposed to with Pac-Man Museum, but Namco Bandai canned it (and on 3DS). :/

At least CE is on 3DS, but only as part of Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions. :( I'd Day 1 an eShop release, I love it!

Could use some tweaks, I don't think it runs in 60fps (the 3D is cool though).

I love it too, used to have both games on the 360. Seems like a good fit for the eShop, ah well :(

The Japanese name was Hello Pac-Man. I wonder this rather odd game would have been a bit less disliked in the west if it wasn't marketed as a sequel.

Why is it odd? Imagine a point and click adventure where you don't directly control the main character and they are really moody and prone to doing odd things. There are a lot of amusing death animations to see and little death penalty.

ZenaxPure

It's a point and click adventure game without the point and clicking.

Well I mean you can point and click all you want I guess but there is no guarantee Pac-Man will go to/interact with what you are clicking on.

The game is incredibly bizarre but for some reason I have a soft spot for it. I think if it played like a normal point and click adventure game it would be pretty awesome but it's not so I can't really recommend it.

Honestly, it looks like a game that could go either way haha. It could be another shit Pac-Man game, or one of those weird gems.

Yet here you are whining about my post and contributing even less to the main topic than I did. What a great job you're doing for your cause. /s

No, I'm fairly certain that I did not do something of less value than effectively walking into the thread and taking a shit on the floor. Can you act like an adult and talk about Zero Mission in a Zero Mission? Or is that beyond your abilities?

greg400

Banned
No, I'm fairly certain that I did not do something of less value than effectively walking into the thread and taking a shit on the floor. Can you act like an adult and talk about Zero Mission in a Zero Mission? Or is that beyond your abilities?
Can I act like an adult and talk about Zero Mission in a Zero Mission? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant to include "thread" after Mission.

For someone that has 18,000 posts here you should maybe read up on the rules, my post is not worth bumping a fucking OT for.

NeoGAF Member Etiquette and New Thread Rules

Don't bump ancient threads
Threads which have long gone out of service, or have no active discussion for months or years should generally be left alone. If there has not been news about something posted a long time ago, then there is probably not news. Don't bump it to ask if there is any news. Junior members especially should not bump ancient threads just to reply to something funny you might have read while lurking months ago. Bumping threads to continue an argument which has fizzled out a long time ago is also frowned upon. Note that bumping an inactive game |OT| to discuss that game is acceptable.

EDIT: LMAO @ the addition edit to your post about Pac Man. Great contribution bro.

*talks about Pac-Man* Wakka wakka wakka

Can I act like an adult and talk about Zero Mission in a Zero Mission? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant to include "thread" after Mission.

For someone that has 18,000 posts here you should maybe read up on the rules.

EDIT: LMAO @ the addition edit to your post about Pac Man. Great contribution bro.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118826

Oh no, you might have to bump this thread that was last posted in eight minutes ago. What a nightmare! Better post in a thread about Pac-Man instead.

greg400

Banned

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118826

Oh no, you might have to bump this thread that was last posted in eight minutes ago. What a nightmare! Better post in a thread about Pac-Man instead.

Yeah and how the fuck am I supposed to know that thread exists? I don't visit this site on a daily basis, it's not on the front page and it has no mention of Zero Mission at all. You have 18000 posts on this site, average 5 a day and have been here since 2005. Sorry I don't know about every thread on this site and therefore you have to continue to shit up this thread even further by making it seem like I committed a crime against humanity in a thread about a mediocre Pac Man game that will likely get less than 200 downloads on Wii U if they're lucky.

Yeah and how the fuck am I supposed to know that thread exists? I don't visit this site on a daily basis, it's not on the front page and it has no mention of Zero Mission at all. You have 18000 posts on this site, average 5 a day and have been here since 2005. Sorry I don't know about every thread on this site and therefore you have to continue to shit up this thread even further by making it seem like I committed a crime against humanity in a thread about a mediocre Pac Man game that will likely get less than 200 downloads on Wii U if they're lucky.

I actually almost never go to the Community section, I just know how the Community section works.

No one is accusing you of having "committed a crime." People are telling you off for being obnoxious and asking you to leave a thread.

Boney

Banned
Hey man

Not cool

greg400

Banned
I actually almost never go to the Community section, I just know how the Community section works.

No one is accusing you of having "committed a crime." People are telling you off for being obnoxious and asking you to leave a thread.
Wow congratulations, what amazing knowledge to have. /s

I was done with this thread after my last reply to The Moon. You are the one that keeps insisting on making this a bigger deal than it has to be. It's clear you don't give a fuck about this game.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys what's going on in this th--

tumblr_mnzer2q5vp1qd4q1ub0.gif

BratmanDu

Not feeling this, but glad SNES games still coming out on VC.

I remember really enjoying pac in time though, had a ninja rope and nice graphics. Hopefully it'll come someday.

I love Pacman 2. It was one of the first SNES games I bought with my own money. Took me quite a while to finish, too.

Nowadays it's relatively easy, and the added bonus of hidden 16-Bit versions of Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man just make that deal even better.

DekuLink

Rhdqr.jpg

OP did not specify other regions, he just said he knew it was coming to PAL therefore other regions are still in this discussion.
Yeah but it's kind of irrelevant to complain about NoE releasing pacman 2 instead of NoA releasing zero mission. neither NoA or NoE has, at least yet, chosen to release pacman 2 before zero mission.

greg400

Banned
Yeah but it's kind of irrelevant to complain about NoE releasing pacman 2 instead of NoA releasing zero mission. neither NoA or NoE has, at least yet, chosen to release pacman 2 before zero mission.
Except this defense falls apart because OP never specified other regions and whether this was releasing in them or not.

https://youtu.be/qlOTNtUvhe8

EDIT: Can we stop giving greg400 so much attention?
Really, these people are complaining about one post I made so they decide to make constant replies to me to fix the issue. LOL

Top Bottom