• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Dot Game Heroes screens (From Software)

If Nintendo cared even the slightest we wouldn't have seen Neutopia 1 & 2 as well as Golden Ax Warrior available today. Those three games are notorious for being hardcore Zelda 1 clones.

Yaweee

PepsimanVsJoe said:
If Nintendo cared even the slightest we wouldn't have seen Neutopia 1 & 2 as well as Golden Ax Warrior available today. Those three games are notorious for being hardcore Zelda 1 clones.

Basically this. There's a lot more to the genre than just Zelda.

New gameplay footage

http://www.3d-heroes.net/main/asx/butyou_01.asx

n4efzm.jpg

91dixz.jpg

11kzd6c.jpg

6rrojp.jpg

Gomu Gomu

This might seem OT, so sorry about that.

"Developed By Silicon Studios"

I searched for their website, and found this:

* MiddlewareStudio

* Developing and selling Middleware for Game Development and providing compact library clusters for graphical 3D user interfaces, assistant characters, and special screen effects for games used in next generation mobile phones, car navigation systems, and amusement machines. Also we offer a different flavor of technology to our competitors and provide a rich CG design structure that meets the needs of our customer’s environment. See Product Details here:

* Real Time Graphics Libraries

* Silicon Studio provides comprehensive supports for game development, real time simulation, virtual reality, and other real time applications.

* Embedded solutions

* Silicon Studio provides embedded middleware that enhance graphics hardware to enrich digital contents for game machines, mobile devices and mobile phones. We have a tracking record of success with NTT-Docomo who chooses our embedded solution of video codec.

My question is, What do they mean by a "middleWare". And is this company the one who did the actual coding and all other technical aspect of the game based on a design document from FROM SOFTWARE? Now wouldn't that cost a lot more than doing the game in-house?

I really hope someone understands my questions and care enough to enlighten me.

Gomu Gomu

DMPrince said:
isn't that what Unreal Engine is too?

But if that's the case, isn't it supposed to say "Powered By Silicon Studios" or something like that? I don't know, I think "Developed by Silicon Studios" might indicate outsourcing the whole game design to them.

edit: not that it matters really :lol . After all the game looks perfect.

Mohonky said:
Bit risky putting Gamecube controllers on the trailer? The whole thing is a blatant Zelda clone. Is Nintendo just silently ignoring this one or something? It looks awesome but to say slightly resembles Zelda is an understatement.......

I wouldn't disagree, you seem well-versed in the cloning business.

I'm actually excited for this game. Maybe it's because of nostalgia and the fact that the game actually looks fun to play and explore.

EDIT-Cheese n rice. Even the music sounds like Zelda! :lol

Thanks for the media updates SolidSnakex.

Still looking great. :D I hope the freakishly huge swords are really expensive to obtain though.

KTallguy

Banned
Man I hope there is some kind of penalty for having a sword that huge... or one shotting every enemy... I hope that character is just beefed up or something, because it looks way too damn easy.

simtmb

onken said:
Why am I getting the vibe that the trophies for this game are going to be really punishing.

Yeah, i feel the same. Dunno why.

As for the game, i think I'm just going to give in and import. Just like Demon's Souls, I'll buy it twice, it just looks so darn impressive and right in line with what i REALLY want in a game, just like how Demon's Souls represented everything i wanted in an RPG.

onken

KTallguy said:
Man I hope there is some kind of penalty for having a sword that huge... or one shotting every enemy... I hope that character is just beefed up or something, because it looks way too damn easy.

Yeah I'm sure you'll be able to just 1-hit every enemy all the way through from the get go :lol

androvsky

KTallguy said:

You only have the huge sword when you're at full health; I get the funny feeling that even with a sword that big, it'll be a challenge to maintain.

KTallguy

Banned
androvsky said:
You only have the huge sword when you're at full health; I get the funny feeling that even with a sword that big, it'll be a challenge to maintain.

We'll see. Hitting guys through walls and forests and stuff... well we'll see :D

I want to try a demo or something.

sammy

this game can't come soon enough

GrotesqueBeauty said:
I prefer to call it next gen gravy. Everyone likes lots of gravy on their mashed potatoes. No exceptions.

*punches fist into palm*
:lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Have we any idea who is composing the music for this game? I know it might not mean too much to the average gamer interested in this game, but the difference between an awesome overworld theme song and a dull one adds quite a bit to the equation.

speedpop said:
Have we any idea who is composing the music for this game? I know it might not mean too much to the average gamer interested in this game, but the difference between an awesome overworld theme song and a dull one adds quite a bit to the equation.

Nope, all From has said about it is that while the graphics are going to get a lot of attention, the staff has put a lot of effort into the soundtrack also.

Looks so awesome. If this has English menus ill import this day 1, if not than I guess I will wait for the US release (We all know its bound to happen). I just wish it was coming out in the US next month because MW2 and AC2 do not interest me in the least bit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mohonky said:
Bit risky putting Gamecube controllers on the trailer? The whole thing is a blatant Zelda clone. Is Nintendo just silently ignoring this one or something? It looks awesome but to say slightly resembles Zelda is an understatement.......
The game could play just like Zelda, its legal. Similer or even copied gameplay mechanics have been deemed legal in a court of law.

onken

Drkirby said:
The game could play just like Zelda, its legal. Similer or even copied gameplay mechanics have been deemed legal in a court of law.

Yeah I mean Rock Band is basically a 1:1 copy of Guitar Hero and they got away with that (yeah yeah, GH copied Guitar Freaks but at least there are substantial differences).

Chorazin

onken said:
Yeah I mean Rock Band is basically a 1:1 copy of Guitar Hero and they got away with that (yeah yeah, GH copied Guitar Freaks but at least there are substantial differences).

Dude. Harmonix, the people that made Rock Band, also made Guitar Hero 1 and 2.

Chorazin

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG FROM TWITTER:

"@SonyPlaystation: No Need to Import - 3D Dot Heroes for PS3 is DEFINITELY coming to NA! Spread the word, more to come."

theluma

Game has been confirmed to release in North America:

From PS US Twitter:

"No need to import - 3D Dot Game Heroes for PS3 is DEFINITELY coming to NA! Spread the word, more to come."

EU plzkthxlol.

EDIT: Damn it, ninja'd.

Top Bottom