• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Fox

Banned
Tha fuck...

Credit to Bananafactory.

Here's a screenshot of Witcher 3 on console, generally considered one of the best looking games this gen

DdfURzn.png

And if they do, what of it? It looks great. When you zoom in to screenshots or take a screenshot 3 inches away of a wall and say 'LOOK! UNACCEPTABLE GRAPHICS!', it's uh....it looks fine. Better than last gen Fallout games, and for what it's doing, decent enough for current gen.

I don't mind the graphics at all and I'm sure that it will fantastic on my big screen. But you got others that expect nothing but the most realistic, eye-popping, looking out your windows graphics.

And that's unfortunate because gameplay & story beats graphics any day IMO.

Same fucking voices for the super mutants? Bruh...

Also, I miss the atmospheric sountrack of Fallout. NV brought it back, those tunes were amazing, specially when in vault 34, 22, etc. Also when exploring the wasteland.

SZips

I sincerely doubt that...

The thing with "graphics" is that it's a very broad category. If the game is atmospheric with a lot of little details (I'm not talking about details via texture quality either), then it could still score highly with some reviewers.

Of course, it's one of those subjective things that people will argue about forever, so it's not really worth losing sleep over in the end.

CHC

Ouch.
I'd like to see their response.

I think the only thing that comparing those two screenshots tells you is that any game can look like shit if shown a certain way. I really don't think anyone can debate that Witcher III looks loads better than Fallout 4 though, I mean c'mon....

It's more Fallout, so either you're into that or you're not. If someone was expecting show-stopping graphics, they picked the wrong game.

z3phon

Man looking at how people are defending fallout 4's graphics is kinda pathetic. The game looks like shit thats a fact. Who care's if its graphically not up to par to other games, its still going to be an awesome game.
Fallout 4 will be proof that you don't need every game to look like the greatest thing ever to enjoy a damn game. it'll sell well and everyone will love it.
This thread is just embarrassing.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Same fucking voices for the super mutants? Bruh...

As it's been for the last two games.

Also, I miss the atmospheric sountrack of Fallout. NV brought it back, those tunes were amazing, specially when in vault 34, 22, etc. Also when exploring the wasteland.

Did you play with those videos muted? Ambient music changes from when they are out in The Commonwealth, to inside the building.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Man looking at how people are defending fallout 4's graphics is kinda pathetic. The game looks like shit thats a fact. Who care's if its graphically not up to par to other games, its still going to be an awesome game.
Wrong.
Why do you care that people like/love the way it looks?

So people have gotten review copies already, has anyone been able to say whether or not the game is, well, good?

There's only been impressions from a spanish leaker so far but she seems positive about the game in general

mild spoilers ahead

Difficulty: very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard and survival. Each difficulty increases defense and the damage inflicted by the enemy, it also increases the chance of finding legendary monsters such monsters have a chance to have legendary weapons with random effects like regenerate the AP after a critical hit.

No hardcore mode (Eat, drink and sleep)

The puzzles like picking locks and computers are exactly alike.

According to the Dinja70 the map is the same size or larger than the skyrim.

Also according to Dinja the difficulty is low for assiduous players of fallout because the system is very similar

The fight is much better. A true FPS and TPS, I can feel the weight of the bullet to hit the enemy and several weapons have different impact. an enemy does not get much knockback of a gun as you receive from a machine gun.

Enemies lurk too, flank, they are very intelligent and in numbers they really have a good difficulty.

The character's movement is incredible and the faces of NPCs are not repeated either with a nice variety.

Until now just a few missions have moral decisions but now with voice you feel better impact making those choices. You really feel the role of the character.

Cities now make you feel small because they are no longer just piled up barriers with one or two people. The population has increased a lot and you feel that cities are large, failing that camps.

However much do camps is not mandatory it is strongly recommended! The recomensas are good and fun is incredible.

The assembly camps compares to FalloutShelter you will have to think about it when you bring new people to not run without water, food or energy.

As seen at E3 the same weapon can become more than 20-30 as amended.

According to Dinja inventory is lower quality to the inventory of fallout 3 / NV. (I bet that will create a mod)

The voice acting is fantastic, well synchronized and diverse.

The perks system is much more balanced! You can do several different builds as no perk is useless and has its participation in the game.

Small houses no longer require loading, just big buildings but still with fast loading. Just a quick trip takes a while to load. That ironic.

The armor is similar to the weapons since they do not possess wide range but can become 20-30 with different modifications.

As we imagined, PowerArmor is no longer an armor but a vehicle that you use for a while and not as a clothes all the time. They are extremely powerful and against normal human are strong in the extreme.

Bethesda managed to get the perfect balance, the game can now is a perfect FPS and also a perfect tactical game with VATS. Not to mention that the animations are impeccable and help in the immersion of the gameplay. The weapons are also fantastic and sounds are wonderful.

According to Dinja, the game's narrative is slow and often you can forget the main mission is to stay focused on sidequests. You end up forgetting why is there and lack an immersion in the main story which is a small defect.

The feeling of exploration resembles skyrim when you think you're close to seeing all you end up seeing more and more. NEVER ENDS.

The camp can not be destroyed what happens is that your citizens will die and you will have to find more people. But the structures are "fixed".

Dinja not know how many comrades are in the game, but he has found two, a man and a woman. The fellow system has not changed much, it is not worse but not better.

IMPORTANT PERSONAL OPINION! Dinja think the game dialogues even if they are immersive, are not as good as the new vegas!- As expected the Bethesda put exceptional soundtrack! The narrator is as good as threedog.

For the vast majority of relief, there is no tree of habildiade as in skyrim. The system is the same as Fallout 3 / NV.

There are new weapons with radiation damage probably will not damage supermutantes, animals and ghouls, but are extremely effective against humans.

Dialogue is now no longer "[40/75 Speech]" but by chance. The range of system is indicated by red color is very little chance, orange little chance and so on.

Cover system similar to MGSV. It is automatic and you expose yourself to aim.

Whenever your camp is attacked we will notify you by giving you a chance to defend.

Perks:

(LUCK 5): "You're not idiot ... Just different!." - Randomly receive EXP three items for your actions. The lower your intelligence, the greater the chance

(END 9): "Ghoul" - Of course, you are still human ... Externally! Now radiation regenerates health.

(STR 10): "Pain Train" - Choo choo! All aboard! If you are equipped with the Power Armor, sprint to the enemies to bash Them and Them hurt. Robotic and huge enemies wont bash. " ( PER 7): "Reflect" - "You are like a mirror Get +10 resistance to energy damage!."

(INT 9): "Nuclear physicist" - You have learn how to split the atom ... And master it! Radiation weapons of 50% more damage and fusion core lasts 25% more.

Loading screens are like skyrim with floating models. http://i.imgur.com/JIFeq1g.png

a916

I like the art style. (style not the same as graphical fidelity)

I'm kind of shocked from the negative reaction, I mean I get it, but I honestly thought Fallout 3/SkyRim was NeoGAF's favorite child. That Bethesda was above any of this type of reaction.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I'm kind of shocked from the negative reaction, I mean I get it, but I honestly thought Fallout 3/SkyRim was NeoGAF's favorite child. That Bethesda was above any of this type of reaction.

There's as much hate for Bethesda here as there is love.

RPGam3r

There is a lot of love and hate for Bethesda here. I mean venture into any topic with Fallout 3 being mentioned and it will be met with an obligatory "New Vegas takes shits on Bethesda".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Neogaf hates Skyrim these days actually. Or Bathesda in general. Keep up.

I give From Software a couple more years before they get whats coming to them too.

I'm joking btw. Well, half-joking :p

Horse Detective

Why the long case?

New Vegas is GAF's actual child, as 3 was abandoned and left to die.

I think my patience for New Vegas finally snapped when EDE played back a quest recording that abruptly transitioned from a voice actor to the developer's unedited placeholder voice, just sitting there in the final game.

I still currently play New Vegas, but it's clearly rushed and unfinished state border on the embarrassing at times. I think the defensive claims about it's larger amount of quests and more dynamic dialogue come off as pretentious bullshit meant to turn eyes away from how eerily underpopulated and visually boring The Strip and Freeside turned out to be. You don't have to take my word for it, you can read a lot about the enormous amount of cut content from FNV.

koryuken

Fallout 4 will be proof that you don't need every game to look like the greatest thing ever to enjoy a damn game. it'll sell well and everyone will love it.

100% agree and thank you.

Credit to Bananafactory.

Here's a screenshot of Witcher 3 on console, generally considered one of the best looking games this gen

DdfURzn.png

Hey buddy, it's all about the gameplay!

But yeah, any game can be made to look bad with those shots. I certainly get what you're saying.

Nah, shit looks brown and yellow not red and blue, you talking about Witcher 3, which has both terrible shit looking graphics, and shit story + shit gameplay. Shiter 3 somehow managed to be more shit than both of its prequels shiter 1 and shiter 2. How can people defend some shit that looks like shit and plays like shit, I will never understand.

DdfURzn.png

Nah, shit looks brown and yellow not red and blue, you talking about Witcher 3, which has both terrible shit looking graphics, and shit story + shit gameplay. Shiter 3 somehow managed to be more shit than both of its prequels shiter 1 and shiter 2. How can people defend some shit that looks like shit and plays like shit, I will never understand.

DdfURzn.png

Christ, this thread has really sunk down to the bottom of the toilet. It wasn't great before, but sheesh.

HooYaH

Do people really think Bethesda games from Elder Scrolls to Fallout game mechanics been good? I always have thought it was shit to really bad. Adjustments always has to be made through mods.

What Bethesda games are good at are atmosphere and exploration.

aravuus

DdfURzn.png

It sounds like you've got an awful lot of pent up anger inside you

Do people really think Bethesda games from Elder Scrolls to Fallout game mechanics been good? I always have thought it was shit to really bad. Adjustments always has to be made through mods.

Better than spinning in circles doing ballet dancing with fireworks.

They're enjoyable for what they are. I like to get immersed in their worlds. Morrowind on Xbox was my first. It actually helped me throughout life. It was my 2nd (FF7 was the first) rpg. I spent like a whole month of summer playing that shit. I immediately realized I had to ration my time with gaming because I didn't get shit done lol. Loved that game. Great atmosphere, I'd say better than oblivion and skyrim. I really felt like an outcast in a foreign land. Great lore and all that good stuff.
you would be too if you paid full price for a hyped up game and its season pass and find out its filled with shit

Gotta watch those twitch streams before you buy. I do for most of my games.

Any word on how big Boston is? I wonder how it will compare to Novigrad in The Witcher 3? I found Novigrad's immense size to be impressive, but it was really all of the small details that brought it to life! I wonder how Bethesda has approached the design of Bostom.

Something like this is really disappointing in late 2015:

fallout4_201510311437x4qt7.png

I've never understood the whole "let's take a screenshot of the game and crop out everything but the one corner where one thing looks kinda bad, then conclude the whole game's graphical fidelity is CLEARLY sub-par" thing.

It's been a foregone conclusion since the beginning of 3D gaming that you can always find "ugly" corners in games no matter what. Not only that, but this kind of graphical scrutiny of zooming in on random corners of your monitor and obsessing over a small corner of the viewport doesn't happen in the least bit when you're actually playing the game in motion.

you would be too if you paid full price for a hyped up game and its season pass and find out its filled with shit

At this day and age people really ought to know better than to buy season passes at full price before they even see screenshots of the base game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love this guy, I'm a massive Fallout fanboy but he takes the defense force to a whole other level.

Its less a fallout defense force and more... witcher 3 attack force? Anyway its just trolling at this point and has no place in these threads

Trace

Banned
Its less a fallout defense force and more... witcher 3 attack force? Anyway its just trolling at this point and has no place in these threads

Well I only read his posts like 8 hours ago and then now, so I could see where the vapid idiocy could get grating.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Any word on how big Boston is? I wonder how it will compare to Novigrad in The Witcher 3? I found Novigrad's immense size to be impressive, but it was really all of the small details that brought it to life! I wonder how Bethesda has approached the design of Bostom.

The coast at least looks pretty well represented. However it is nowhere near the size of Norvigrad/Velen. Which is good. I don't want a ton of empty space just so they can say "Look how large our map is."

If it's about the size of Skyrim that is good enough for me.

Posted in the other thread, but I think the UI would have been helped with a bit of screen effects. It feels so tacked on and out of place currently.

Really shitty photoshop job, but you get the idea:
ka2Dakk.png

aravuus

Posted in the other thread, but I think the UI would have been helped with a bit of screen effects. It feels so tacked on and out of place currently.

Really shitty photoshop job, but you get the idea:
ka2Dakk.png

Not a fan of glowing UI elements usually, but that does look a bit better

The blue color in general is much, much better looking than the green one somehow

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This arguing has really hit a low point and it's probably time to pack it up until the game is actually out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom