• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

So between 0 and -1, what are the odds of Danganronpa AE being discounted to $25 or lower in Black Friday? I'll be getting digital, but I know at least Amazon offers a digital version. I'll probably get it from Amazon or PSN. (when is Black Friday BTW? Non-American here)

Also, Amazon US has some early BF deals. Muramasa Rebirth, Xblaze Lost Memories, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and that one curry JRPG was the stuff currently on sale IIRC. I think these deals only last like a day though, so you might want to hurry if you want a deal.

Takao

Banned
High Tech Racing+ comes out on Vita on the 10th:
oNsBCh4.jpg

XRH6uQ8.jpg

This showed up on trophy sites ...

RK128

Teslagrad will have its physical release on November 24 (US) and November 27 (EU).

Source

So that's when it will come out digitally as well? Cool :D! As I got the game through PS+ and its reportedly cross-buy, it would be nice to dive into the game on my Vita.

Played little of on my PS3 and it was very interesting; loved the look/style of the game and the gravity mechanic was very interesting.

Takao

Banned
Wasn't the original release of Dead Patient also using Unity? Probably done to reuse some assets,
and maybe speed up the process of a long derailed Vita port of that game.

Shinriji

Wasn't the original release of Dead Patient also using Unity? Probably done to reuse some assets,
and maybe speed up the process of a long derailed Vita port of that game.

Not going to happen, since newer versions of Unity have even worst vita performance and support. No wonder why so many games using Unity are being cancelled.

Takao

Banned
Not going to happen, since newer versions of Unity have even worst vita performance and support. No wonder why so many games using Unity are being cancelled.

The derailed part of my comment had to do with Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient going silent for 2 years. Though, potentially bad Unity support works too.

I need recommendations for the vita because i have hit a dry spell. Looking for a game with either a real charming story or solid gameplay. Open to all genres minus sports and racing. got most of the big name games so looking for an obscure one that i might have missed. open to psp recommendations.

I need recommendations for the vita because i have hit a dry spell. Looking for a game with either a real charming story or solid gameplay. Open to all genres minus sports and racing. got most of the big name games so looking for an obscure one that i might have missed. open to psp recommendations.

Trails in the Sky for a charming story with amazing characters in a classic JRPG or Brandish for super polished tactical dungeon crawling awesomeness

Both PSP because PSP games are awesome

Trails in the Sky for a charming story with amazing characters in a classic JRPG or Brandish for super polished tactical dungeon crawling awesomeness

Both PSP because PSP games are awesome

More honest words have never been spoken. Already own trail and your description did indeed match my opinion. Will probably look at brandish then. Eu store is terrible by the way. No valkyrie profile, no xenogears or jeanne d'Arc.

More honest words have never been spoken. Already own trail and your description did indeed match my opinion. Will probably look at brandish then. Eu store is terrible by the way. No valkyrie profile, no xenogears or jeanne d'Arc.

Yeah many classics are missing form the EU store, it sucks. Hopefully it won't take much longer for Trails SC to release in EU as well.

But yeah, can't go wrong with Brandish. It's made by Falcom and localized by XSEED, just like Trails, and I don't think Falcom is capable of making bad games.

Yeah many classics are missing form the EU store, it sucks. Hopefully it won't take much longer for Trails SC to release in EU as well.

But yeah, can't go wrong with Brandish. It's made by Falcom and localized by XSEED, just like Trails, and I don't think Falcom is capable of making bad games.

I've noticed myself that falcom is a pretty consistent developer. Can't wait for trails for the psp and with the vita version of the trails cold steel also coming it should be good for a few months.

Faustek

That's why you should buy the 60FPS Bikini DLC.

I sense that I'm missing something.

Sony where lucky they pulled this shit early on before *internet-mobs* where a real thing since I can't imaging it happening today. A first/second party release in only one part of the west.
And no I don't really care if it's easy to get another account, already have one for Japan and USA. I shouldn't need to when it comes to their own IP. As for third party releases though...I can understand that if they where never released here to start with.

redcrayon

I sense that I'm missing something.

Sony where lucky they pulled this shit early on before *internet-mobs* where a real thing since I can't imaging it happening today. A first/second party release in only one part of the west.
And no I don't really care if it's easy to get another account, already have one for Japan and USA. I shouldn't need to when it comes to their own IP. As for third party releases though...I can understand that if they where never released here to start with.
Jeanne D'arc I've always thought was a strange one- a fantasy take on France and England and they are two of the places where you can't play it! Annoying as it's one of the better SRPGs out of loads on the PSP.

Takao

Banned
Hero Must Die (NIS - Pyramid/Shoji Masuda)

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20151105_729033.html

Back when Jeanne came out PSP didn't have a digital store, so it was either retail or nothing.

It'll only quench your thirst for around 4-5 hours, but I'll be damned if Thomas Was Alone didn't give me the most unexpected feels.

VitaGAF, I'll be visiting Spain at the end of this month and I'd like to take home a Vita game I'd like. Some stuff I'm looking for:

-Must not be missing anything compared to its US version/ must not have DLC (using US account)
-Has a good story (sci-fi preferred)
-Physical cart needed
-Preferably in 20-30EUR range, but not mandatorily.

I've played Steins Gate, VLR, and the first two Danganronpa games and love them all (for reference). Not getting Another Episode because I want the JP dub choice, and I'd rather wait for a sale anyway.

(Open to story based DS/3DS suggestions as well, currently considering Ghost Trick or Chrono Trigger)

P. S: In Spain, which chain stores etc. am I likely to find Vita/DS games in?

redcrayon

Any good SRPGs besides Jeanne, FF tactics, and Ogre?
Front Mission 3 on PSone. Also Arc the Lad 1+2, they are epic.

There's also Gungnir, and Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP, and Natural Doctrine on Vita (although I'd read reviews of all of those first.)

Front Mission 3 on PSone. Also Arc the Lad 1+2, they are epic.

There's also Gungnir, and Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP, and Natural Doctrine on Vita (although I'd read reviews of all of those first.)

Also Hyperdevotion Noire. Oh and Summon Night 5 whenever that finally releases.

Whew, jesus. Just lucked out and grabbed the only copy of the Rayman double pack an Australian retailer (Mighty Ape) had in stock. Cheap as shit compared to what I've seen on eBay too.

Apparently it's fairly common in France and Spain, but it sure isn't here!

Fady K

Guys, it's been ages! How have you been? Major apologies for not updating this thread frequently enough in the past couple of months (job lost due to budgetary reasons in the company, hope to get one soon ^_^)! I did overhaul the entire main page though, and I have lots of updates to post today. Enjoy and apologies again! And I must say - I MISS you guys. I don't know any of you personally but the majority of you grew on me and seeing you all in this thread from time to time brings a genuine smile to my face.

COMING SOON!

Phineas and Ferb: Day of Doofenshmirtz
XxK9yWol.jpg

Superbeat: Xonic
9DUYEJ1.jpg

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Dragon Fin Soup
C7t2km4.jpg

Norn9: Var Commons
7KfhDRM.jpg

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PSP, Vita compatible)
l460db2.jpg

Foul Play
pXFa788.jpg

Pocket God vs. Desert Ashes
aGZ4Q9U.jpg

Organ Trail: Director's Cut
zdAuoihl.jpg

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~
jrxTn0c.jpg\

Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations
0fN96VF.jpg

World Rally Championship (WRC) 5
2KMxr9i.png

Corpse Party: Blood Drive
AwWtW2Q.jpg

* Grand Kingdom - Here's the opening of the game. Out in Japan on Nov 19. Japanese demo is out on Nov 12. Here's the latest trailer.
768e0e3d_thumb.jpg

asjrQzF.jpg

582534_thumb.jpg

Grand-Kingdom-PV5.jpg

* Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Evolution - an enhanced version of the PSP RPG classic from Kadokawa Games. Out in Japan on December 10.
LoH-TiTS-SC-Dec-10-JP-280x362.jpg

evosc01_thumb.jpg

evosc04.jpg

TLoH_08-11-15.jpg

* Severed - Here's a preview of Drinkbox's (Guacamelee) upcoming action/adventure/fighting mash. Trailer here.
severed-1.jpg

severed-2.jpg

* Siralim - from Thylacine Studios comes a new monster collecting retro RPG. Trailer here. Due end of 2015.
EoblWCU.png

biome1_thumb.png

* Sword Art Online: Lost Song - Heading to the west this November (13th in Europe, 17th in NA). Trailer here.
and another trailer here too.
SAOLS_10-05-15.jpg

SAOLShero_thumb.jpg

* Zodiac - Upcoming RPG will not be free to play (thank God). Final Fantasy art directors have been added to the project, which already has an impressive Japanese developer ensemble. Here's 2 new videos on two of the main characters: Eko and Ulan.
zodiac1_thumb.jpg

* Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 - Koei Tecmo's latest entry in their popular volleyball games should be hitting Vitas in Japan/Asia on Feb 25 2016 (game will feature English subtitles, making it fully import-friendly). Teaser here.
hH0b8JH.jpg

* Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires - will be released on Vita in English on Nov 24 (NA regions)/25 (EU). Trailer here.
DW8E_06_thumb.jpg

Dynasty-Warriors-8-Empires_2015_10-27-15_004.jpg

Dynasty-Warriors-8-Empires_2015_10-27-15_006.jpg

Dynasty-Warriors-8-Empires_2015_10-27-15_009.jpg

* Airship Q - Releasing on Nov 19 in Japan. Apparently it's coming out in English too eventually? Had no idea! Trailer here.
20150818_100524_thumb.png

Airship-Q-Dated-Vita-Japan.jpg

Airship-Q-Trailer_08-20-15.jpg

Airship-Q-PSV-Physical-JP-Ann-280x356.jpg

So this thread is back in community now?

How odd, as this should be a gaming thread (covers new games coming out soon, ect). Guess since 'The Vita is dead' is the motto on Gaf, the moderators figured to push this into the community section of the forum :l.

Regardless, you always do a great job Fady K, so keep up the great work :D!

Thank you kindly friend :) Today I'll have plenty of updates throughout the day. Enjoy!

No room for anything other than MGS V I guess. ;)

This thread sold me on getting a Vita again!

Welcome aboard the Vita train and hope you enjoy it :D

O_O!

I feel so stupid now X(.

I meant Fady K :(.

Sorry guys for my mistake, and I will edit my post to fix that right now.

It don't matter and there's no need to be sorry, your kind words are appreciated all the same :)

Flady K would be an unstoppable force of Vita love

My bro Moobabe. I hope Chelsea recover after the international break >_>

Fady K scratch Agito+ from the list, it was cancelled.

The sooner vitabros will forget the whole type 0 thing, the better.

All done, thanks 2+2=5. The whole type 0 saga on the Vita is ridiculous.

Welcome aboard :D

Few days ago I started Uncharted: GA.
Damn! This game is @#@ incredible, especially graphics. Why Sony, why!? Why you don't release more AAA first party games on this console? Such an amazing potential.

It's a damn shame too - I LOVED U:GA - sure, some stuff was gimmicky but the overall package was incredible. It's actually my 2nd favorite Uncharted game after 2.

Where's Fady K at lately? Has Chelsea's capitulation hit him that hard? ;)

I'm here now mate ^_^ Chelsea's capitulation SUCKED haha, but it was work trouble mainly that kept me busy (need to find a new job, contract with our company was not renewed due to budgetary issues T_T pray for me haha). I missed you guys very much and have much planned for today!!

I messaged Fady a few days back but no reply. That whole life-away-from-the-internet-thing sometimes hits people hard. :D

You guys have kept the thread alive since I posted here nearly 2 months ago! Incredible :D!!! I hope to add plenty of stuff today that will give you guys some enjoyment for the day ^^ I msged you back earlier btw ^^

It's been hard for us all...

Wednesday's performance was like something out of last season though eh? Beautiful. Willian on fire 0_0

I need to work on hunting down those Asia titles. Know any sites besides Play-Asia (hate that site) that sells Asia version of vita games?

Heavy Arm is... sort of okay. They're a Malaysian-based retailer who have no issues shipping worldwide if you ask 'em (literally have to email and ask for an estimate). Their prices are extremely fair, but they're rather slow.

https://heavy-arm.com/en/30-ps-vita-popular-games?id_category=30&n=50

They have the English versions of Oreshika, Samurai Warriors etc, but I'm not sure about stuff like FFX-2 anymore.

Fady K

Update 2 for the day!

* Grinsia - Classic JRPG from Kemco. Trophies popped up for it.
Grinsia-Trophies_08-17-15.jpg

R7xHXvj.png

* The Grisaia Trilogy - Sekai Project has provided an updated on this mash of visual novels on the Vita - production is going well and an update is expected soon.
X98wozk.jpg

photooriginal_thumb.png

* Summon Night 6: Lost Borders - From publisher Bandai Namco and developer Media Vision (Chaos Rings & the Wild Arms series) comes a new SRPG to the Vita. Teaser trailer here. Game is due in Japan in Spring 2016. Bandai Namco trademarked the subtitle in Europe btw, here's hoping.
Summon-Night-6-Teaser-Site-Open.jpg

l_55dda10a7fe26_thumb.jpg

LostBorders-TM-EU.jpg

UTKCkDS.jpg

* The Asterisk War - Upcoming simulation action game from Bandai Namco based on the light novel/manga/upcoming anime. Hitting Japan on January 28 2016. Teaser here. Full trailer here.
ybylN5n.jpg

Asterisk-War-Vita-Dated-JP.jpg

* Elroy & the Aliens (thanks Infernal Monkey!) - an adventure game hitting the Vita in 2016 from Motiviti.
L8swi9vl.jpg

screen3.jpg

* Swimsanity (Thanks kresnik258!) - a 4 player underwater fighter from Decoy Games. Trailer here.
tqMIhPR.png

* Juna Ranger (thanks again kresnik258) - a cool looking upcoming 2D platformer for the Vita from Avibe Games.
mZ8Clz2l.jpg

* Paranautical Activity (thanks to Mr_D_!) - A first person game inspired by classics like Doom & Quake that utilizes elements of roguelike games like Binding of Isaac Rebirth & Spelunky! Trailer from PC version.
aPHOCPM.jpg

ss_86e8efcd20b0d24de2b103a781d6ee2efaa9cfe9.600x338.jpg

ss_badbc38c656de669f40f908b0d2bf993f34d00af.600x338.jpg

* Forgotten Memories - Alternate Realities Director's Cut - Upcoming 3rd person horror game, to be released in early 2016. The game will feature voice actors from Silent Hill 2, including the main character's voice in that classic Konami game. Game is looking a lot better than when it was first revealed. Trailer here.
7tp9EEy.jpg

* Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters: Daybreak Special Gigs - an enhanced version of the previously released visual novel from Arcy System Works. New features, new episode, a refined battle system and more will be a part of the package. Comes out in Japan on November 26.
pHpYMlz.jpg

Daybreak-Special-Gigs-Dated_09-10-15_003.jpg

Fady! Damn, good to see you back man <3

You guys have been REALLY missed!! <3 <3

Welcome back Fady! Great updates!

Is that Dynasty Warriors 8 a musou? Been hearing about the genre and I'd like to try it. Do I need to have played the previous DW games in order to enjoy the story?

Another Episode just go on sale already :<

Fady K

Update 3 is a go!

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain - A new first person dungeon RPG from Nippon Ichi, from Tatsuya Izumi (director of The Witch & the Hundred Knights on PS4 plus heavily involved with the first 2 Disgaea games). The characters are designed by the same person behind Disgaea's art. Game is due in Japan on Jan 28 2016. Teaser trailer here.
021_thumb5.jpg

*Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders From Planet Space - game is due out in Europe and NA this fall, physically & digitally. Here's a features trailer.
EDF2_10.jpg

EDF2_01.png

EDF2_05.jpg

*Nobunaga’s Ambition: Tenshouki - Latest entry in Koei Tecmo's long running strategy series is hitting Japanese Vitas on November 12.
Nobunaga-PSV-PC-Ann_08-25-15.jpg

* Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - Here's a story trailer. Here's the opening from the game. If you're really into the series, you'll likely enjoy this trailer about the synthesis elements. Game is out in Japan on November 19, I expect a localized version eventually!
Sophie_08-25-15.jpg

Atelier-Sophie_08-30-15_001.jpg

Atelier-Sophie-OP-Movie_09-24-15.jpg

20150924_021502_thumb.png

20151007_024023_thumb.png

20823568ateliersophiejapanesetrailerign1435769818506_1280w_thumb.jpg

l_5617c9425e6b5.jpg

* Volgarr the Viking - a hardcore 16-bit style 2D action platformer by Crazy Viking Studios.
xIAnhgW.jpg

Volgarr-the-Viking-Screenshot-4.jpg

volgarr-7.png

* Girl Friend Beta: A Summer Spent With You - Bandai Namco's adventure game hits Japan on November 19. Trailer here.
FOzSAoO.jpg

* Himoto! Umaru-chan: Himoto Upbringing Project - upcoming simulation game from FuRyu on December 3rd in Japan. Trailer here.
003_thumb19.jpg

004_thumb20.jpg

20151001_090053_thumb.png

* Summon Night 5 - Here's an English gameplay trailer from Gaijinwork's localized SRPG.
20150828_035254_thumb.png

iS4V3hg.jpg

* Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni - Out in Japan on December 10 from Marvelous & Tamsoft. Teaser trailer here. Opening animation here - likely NSFW
p55O3OU.jpg

* Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X - SEGA's latest in the rhythm game series hits the Vita on March 2016 in Japan. Trailer here. . Game will feature an RPG style Live Quest mode.
Miku_09-03-15_Top.jpg

PDX-Fami-Info_09-02-15.jpg

Miku_10-04-15.jpg

Fady K

Welcome back Fady! Great updates!

Is that Dynasty Warriors 8 a musou? Been hearing about the genre and I'd like to try it. Do I need to have played the previous DW games in order to enjoy the story?

Another Episode just go on sale already :<

Thanks my friend :D Long time no see! Indeed DW8 is and it'll be coming out real soon! You don't need to worry about playing any previous DW games ;D

As for Another Episode, give it a few months, so many games go on sale these days :D

Thanks my friend :D Long time no see! Indeed DW8 is and it'll be coming out real soon! You don't need to worry about playing any previous DW games ;D

As for Another Episode, give it a few months, so many games go on sale these days :D

Thanks! How's Xtreme Legends on Vita? (Amazon US doesn't appear to be selling Empires for Vita...)

Top Bottom