• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Zeta Oni

I'm sure they'll announce the list announcement date soon.

The list is out tomorrow, I was asking what time does MS normally do press releases if there's a normal time, as I might be in class when it gets announced.

If I am, I might stop at gamestop on the way home and pick up some BC games for the 12th.

Razilez

Sorry if it's been asked already (doesn't say in the OP) but will there be a bump in resolution to the games? I know the Xbox 360 did when you played BC games upto 720p I believe, just wondering if it's the same case here, say up to 1080p. Thanks!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
As long as I can play. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia and The Last Remnant again. I'll is the BC. But sadly I haven't seen them as being compatible.

Tales of Vesperia would be nice considering it was like $3-4 a month or two ago on XBL

Kadin

Borderlands continues to not save my control settings each time I start the game back up. Keeps changed the invert to default (off) instead of on. Anyone else experiencing this?

sangreal

Borderlands continues to not save my control settings each time I start the game back up. Keeps changed the invert to default (off) instead of on. Anyone else experiencing this?

the 360 had controller defaults at the system level, so maybe you need to set it in the guide menu?

Sorry if it's been asked already (doesn't say in the OP) but will there be a bump in resolution to the games? I know the Xbox 360 did when you played BC games upto 720p I believe, just wondering if it's the same case here, say up to 1080p. Thanks!

No, at this point it just forces Vsync. No other improvements.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-update.jpg

Syriel

Im trying to download Dirt 3 via xbox.com, it wont let me, saying i need to add card details, i could swear that i downloaded this way before even tho my card details are out of date. Any ideas ?

Xbox 360 games via the web = credit card required.
Xbox 360 games via the Xbox 360 console = no credit card required (if free content).

All Gears games are coming (although maybe not this week). They sold GoW Ultimate Edition under promise previous titles would be BC by December.

Unless there was a major hiccup, the Gears games should be available at launch (for those that have the discs or already own the digital versions). The free download tokens start going out on Dec 1 for those that own GoW:UE

Congrats on reposting the same clickbait list that has been debunked multiple times as a fake.

It was originally posted months ago when some no-name site took many of EvB's predictions, added a few of their own, and then posted it as a "leaked list" that was "confirmed by insiders."

It was never sourced and the only "inside information" that fed into that list was this thread, right here on GAF.

Basically, any site that posts that list has done -zero- research and is just copy pasting a clickbait post from a content farm that wanted ad hits. #GamesJournalism

You're going to have much better luck following EvB's posts and the OP of this thread (since it keeps getting updated) if you want a good sense of what to expect.

Syriel

They've said that games with multiple discs are an issue and won't be there certainly to start with

*Unless there is an already existing GoD version of the game.

The multiple disc issue only arises when there is a not an existing GoD package since those can't be quickly converted to GoD packages. They would need to be rebuilt and go through cert as a single image.

For example (and this is only an example, don't read anything into it), Assassins Creed III shipped on multiple discs. However, there is already a pre-existing GoD package for that game. The Witcher 2 is another example. These are multi-disc games that could appear on BC at any time.

EvB

*Unless there is an already existing GoD version of the game.

The multiple disc issue only arises when there is a not an existing GoD package since those can't be quickly converted to GoD packages. They would need to be rebuilt and go through cert as a single image.

For example (and this is only an example, don't read anything into it), Assassins Creed III shipped on multiple discs. However, there is already a pre-existing GoD package for that game. The Witcher 2 is another example. These are multi-disc games that could appear on BC at any time.

Ah, Didn't realise that had happened with other games. Makes perfect sense

Give me Dark Souls, Stick of Truth, and Mass Effect 1/2/3 and I will be happy. Almost feel like EA might keep ME2/3 tied to EA access somehow tho.

Pachimari

As I sold my 360, I hope we get:

Tales of Vesperia
Vanquish
Bayonetta
Red Dead Redemption
Halo: Reach
Halo Wars
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Catherine

Were Halo 3: ODST already remade for Xbox One or were they going to?

ultrazilla

Gold Member
So the one game I really want with tons of other people isn't on the list? Red Dead Redemption? Looked and didn't see it. Please tell me I'm wrong and it'll be ready to go at launch for bc.

shanafan

So the one game I really want with tons of other people isn't on the list? Red Dead Redemption? Looked and didn't see it. Please tell me I'm wrong and it'll be ready to go at launch for bc.

Not confirmed yet, check the OP for currently confirmed list of BC titles.

The list covering all 100 officially launched BC titles is revealed tomorrow.

EvB

I've put together another list from several sources, I have also compared the list to released games and marked whether the games have been on Games with Gold, as I suspect they will be amongst the first.
What you'll notice with this list is that there is a smaller number of retails titles, but with a couple of heavy hitters.

Curiously, there are almost exactly 100 games on top of the already released games...

CTUTp2TWIAE_412.png

https://twitter.com/EvilBoris/status/663458130974670848

im_dany

Gears of War Judgment was a GwG
COD4: Modern Warfare is listed twice
A Kingdom of Keflings wasn't a GwG: A World of Keflings was
Dead Rising Case Zero was a GwG (together with DR2)
Rainbow Six Vegas was a GwG

I hope your findings are correct, we'll know it tomorrow. I can't wait to see if I can play COD4 on my X1 since BO3 is so disappointing (I don't think they'll allow it though, not at launch)

EDIT: Toy Soldiers Cold War was also a GwG

Eugy80uc

Neo Member
I've put together another list from several sources, I have also compared the list to released games and marked whether the games have been on Games with Gold, as I suspect they will be amongst the first.
What you'll notice with this list is that there is a smaller number of retails titles, but with a couple of heavy hitters.

Curiously, there are almost exactly 100 games on top of the already released games...

CTUTp2TWIAE_412.png

In EvB i hope...rdr for me is enaught

Kadin

Just let the RDR prediction come true. I haven't seen anything even remotely encouraging about it but I haven't looked terribly hard so I'm crossing my fingers.

Demise

CTUTp2TWIAE_412.png

So, no Forza, no Bayonetta, no Vanquish, no DMC collection (best way to play the first dmc), no Mark of the ninja ? But a bunch of games (mostly) nobody care about ? Seriousely ?

I know it's just a "predict" list but I hope you're wrong about it. I will be very mad at microsoft if this list happens to be the final one.

Ein Bear

Give me Dark Souls, Stick of Truth, and Mass Effect 1/2/3 and I will be happy. Almost feel like EA might keep ME2/3 tied to EA access somehow tho.

Mass Effect 2 & 3 are my most wanted games by far, but to be honest I can't see them happening for a long while, if ever. They're multi-disc games that never had digital releases, and the save import stuff never worked with cloud saves.

Kadin

So, no Forza, no Bayonetta, no Vanquish, no DMC collection (best way to play the first dmc), no Mark of the ninja ? But a bunch of games (mostly) nobody care about ? Seriousely ?

Good job.
It's just the start. More to come. And it's not finalized yet.

Top Bottom