• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct coming November 12 [Over]

Hype gifs??

tumblr_mi9d94ZsCP1s1s42po1_400.gif

Normally, the longer the interval between a Nintendo Direct, the bigger the bombs are. That was especially true of the April 1st Direct. It was like 48 minutes, had tons of announcements in it. I don't want to get too hyped, since most of Nintendo is surely working on NX software, and Wii U is surely no longer their priority. But, given that it's the first Nintendo "press conference" since E3, and there is a lack of AAA games in their holiday lineup, I have to imagine something decent will be announced for release before the end of the year.

They've already gone into depth and detailed us on Mario Tennis. Mario Maker, Yoshi, TriForce Heroes, and Yokai Watch have already been released. Xenoblade X is getting regular videos and coverage from the press. They need to fill this ND with content, thus I imagine there will be some nice, pleasant surprises in there for us.

Trailer and date for Pokken seems likely. Perhaps some zoomed-in, high quality footage of Zelda? New StarFox Zero trailer. Trailer and date for Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. Other than that, I've got nothin'.

emb

NX and mobile are off the table, but no specific mention of excluding Zelda? My hopes are off the charts.

Pls PLS show Zelda U, confirm it for Wii U release in the first half of 2016. There's almost 0 chance of it not being a November launch NX title, but I can hope.

I expect we'll see more of Star Fox than I care for at this point. I wanna play it, don't want more previews. But hopefully it'll look a little visually better to get more people excited.

maxcriden

Guessing Paper Jam/YW in January, Twilight Princess HD in Feb., and Star Fox in March.

Nintendo (of America) is not a fan of January releases. I truly hope you're right, though.

I'm expecting TP HD could be this year. Somehow. They did say at the recent briefing that there are unrevealed games still to release this year. Wonder if it means fiscal year or not. I assumed they meant calendar year.

correojon

With just some info on Star Fox and Zelda U I will be happy.

Throw in some new maps for Splatoon and announce new DLC for SMM and I´ll cry like a little girl.

maxcriden

Oh, Wait... It's same date as 4chan rumor.
If that 4chan rumor is true...

Here's the "leak":
looks like Nintendo got mad at me but hey heres a reminder!

Nintendo Direct on November 12th.

Smash ballot results, 6 characters 3 available after the direct
More Wii eshop titles and virtual console games announced with discounts leading up to Christmas!
Twilight Princess HD is announced and will release in February as part of the 30th anniversary of Zelda
Zelda Wii U gets an official title but no gameplay is shown
Pikmin 4 is announced and will release sometime in Spring 2016
Star Fox Zero gets a new trailer and releases on February 26th!
New remaster series for 2016 announced for Wii U and 3DS including Super Mario Sunshine HD and F-Zero X 3D
Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer and demo after the direct with the option to preload off the eshop.
Details on Nintendo Account, Miitomo, and My Nintendo
Details on Super Mario Maker DLC
Fire Emblem Fates trailer and release date of March 25th
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam trailer and release date
Hyrule Warriors Legends trailer and release date of April 22nd
Short tribute for Iwata is shown
Direct concludes with Splatoon DLC and new game modes.

Direct may get delayed to December due to this leak! Please Understand Nintendo hates leakers

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/315466694/nintendo-direct-on-november-12th

P.S. this sounds like stuff that could be reasonably predicted/wishlisted. So I take it with a ginormous grain of salt.

I still don't think we'll see a Mario Sunshine HD. I think it could take too much work on a game that doesn't hold up well at its core, IMO.

Top Bottom