• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct coming November 12 [Over]

yoshiunity

Well! I'm a little late posting this, but I have to say! This was a nice direct. Not so many unexpected surprises, expect one BIG reveal, but this was one that mostly answer a lot of questions on titles already shown, and well as titles not yet confirmed to come overseas.

To be honest, I'm not really hyping Twilight Princess HD. I've played through it once, had fun, but don't really feel like going through it again. Cool for those who want it and the Amiibo though.

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash... I'm not getting it. I hate how bare bones that game looks, and there doesn't seem to be any future support to flesh it out and make it more appealing. While the tennis gameplay looks solid, it seems extremely gimped when compared to it's predecessors in ways that are just inexcusable, so I'm out.

I was already sold on FAST Racing Neo, Pokken, Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, Star Fox Zero, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Final Fantasy Explorers and Fire Emblem Fates. I'm definitely saving up for the full pack for Fire Emblem Fates, no questions asked! I'm interested in investing into the whole story, plus I want the art book. And WOW! I wasn't expecting Star Fox to be pushed that far back. I was expecting February at the most... Oh well, I guess they want to pad out releases a bit to keep the Wii U going until the NX release... whenever that is...

FAST Racing Neo... Look there's a Blue Falcon sized hole in my heart and I need something to fill it. I wish people would labeling it as a cheap/poor man's copy of F-Zero, because it isn't. The racing is similar, but the mechanics are definitely different from F-Zero. And it still has amazing looking tracks, speed, local and online multi-player. So what's not to like? That it's not F-Zero? Well, excuse me! I'm sure Nintendo is definitely planning on releasing a new F-Zero soon. Oh wait! They're not or at least having said anything about to where it can be release anywhere near FAST Racing Neo! So please give this some attention and keep your eyes on it if you want to good looking high speed racer.

Dragon Quest 7 and 8 are coming over, thank goodness! I'm definitely getting both. I've never played 7, but I've played 8 and it one of my favorite RPG's in the series! If you missed your chance on the PS2 to play it, and have a 3DS, I recommend looking into it if you have an RPG itch to scratch. Having Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow back on the 3DS is great since I've never played a main pokemon title. It's definitely a great time for me to get involve now!

And man... that haymaker... Cloud in Smash Bros. Holy crap, I would have never been able to see that coming! I don't care if people like him confirmed or not or whatever. This is big surprise no matter how you slice it! And look, whether it's because of the few times he's been on Nintendo plattforms (Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Re-Coded, Final Fantasy Theatrhythm and Explorers, with the last one already being available in Japan.) just having him represent Final Fantasy as a whole, which is a series that has had a lot of titles on Nintendo consoles or possibly having his inclusion leading to something a bit bigger in the future on a Nintendo console... I don't know. But this shows that first, a lot of the so called "rules" that most fans want to enforce on this franchise with what character can get in or not, with Nintendo status or credentials, holds about has much water as a dried sponge. And two, this title has an absolutely insane roster with all the characters confirmed so far. Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Ryu and Cloud alone is something from a dream match that many never thought would ever happen and here it is. This is something amazing. And to be honest. I'm not the biggest Final Fantasy fan, myself. I've only played IV, X and the real III. But I'm eager to play him and the Midgar stage looks sick as fuck!

So I enjoyed myself here. Would have loved to have seen something on Metroid Prime: Federation Force, but I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for that.

Jims

I can't believe the number of RPGs that are coming to 3DS next year. I'm not complaining because I love RPGs, but was blown away by how much emphasis they're putting on the genre. Fire Emblem and Mario & Luigi obviously on the first party front.

But there's something up with Square Enix. Dragon Quest VII remake, Dragon Quest VIII remake, Final Fantasy Explorers, Bravely Second (published by Nintendo but whatever), Cloud in Smash Bros., rumors about Dragon Quest XI to NX. Maybe I'm just reading into things, but they seem surprisingly chummy with Nintendo all of a sudden. They've always supported the handheld systems, but seeing such a lineup at the very end of the 3DS life cycle is really surprising to me. This is the kind of lineup you offer right smack in the prime of the system, not at the end.

I don't know if Nintendo cut them some kind of sweetheart deal or what, but there's something up.

Saiyan-Rox

That was a really good direct

Shame about the wait for Zelda it would have been such an announcement if it was live there and then but yeah very wishful thinking.

Also for UK/EU gaf

The new guy in glasses is it me or could he not say pokemon properly? And he must have been nervous as hell as he was determind not to move his arms lol

Linkyn

Apologies if I missed it, but I just watched the NoA stream (caught the European one live) and was wondering whether someone ended up making a gif of Bill and the baked goods. Extra points for Reggie's reaction.

Whoa, I just got up, and lots of people are angry at Twilight Princess HD being "the same". Weren't people afraid that the remake will change the artstyle or something? Weren't they mocking Wind Waker HD and its bloom?

Guys, visually, Twilight Princess HD is not a really pretty game. This is as far as Nintendo can make it pretty while not doing a Square Enix and not making the remake which has nothing common with the original.

And, whoa, so this is Tantalus' project....

I'm sure someone else caught this (not sure if it's been mentioned since there's so much in here to catch up on), but I noticed in the JP Direct, Mario Tennis is actually releasing on January 28th in that region?

Also still mad that neither Picross 3D 2 nor Rhythm Heaven 3DS were announced for localization.

Style Savvy in North America </3

Xun

I was hoping to see Minecraft Wii U and Pikmin 4 (assuming that's for Wii U), but oh well.

In general a pretty decent Direct I thought.

Raitaro

I was hoping to see Minecraft Wii U and Pikmin 4 (assuming that's for Wii U), but oh well.

In general a pretty decent Direct I thought.

Yeah, those two seem odd omissions, as does the lack of any mention of the new Nintendo Account now that I think about it. Maybe these are being saved for a Direct closer to their release?

Also, can someone remind me about which characters have been released and especially announced so far for Smash, how many they would be doing in total, and how that December special will possibly relate to the ballot results and the fan voting? I've lost track of their DLC plans after Mewtwo, Lucas and Ryu. Thanks!

Edit: nvm, it seems it is somewhat unclear still how many DLC fighters we'll see coming from the ballot. So after Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu and now Cloud, who knows how many more we'll see. I'm hoping for Simon Belmont (as mentioned), Super Mario Maker Builder Mario (why not?), an Inkling and maybe one more surprise fan requested character. I believe Sakurai did recently tweet something about being able to fulfill a difficult request, so that could possibly refer to the Ice Climbers (technical difficulties), Ridley (size difficulties) or even another third party guest character like Snake or Simon (with Konami acting as the difficult element during negotiations). We'll know in December I guess.

Hatchtag

Banned
Came in expecting a new Pokemon, TPHD, updates to various game and a leaked Smash Bros character. Left with an unexpected Pokemon re-release (and we're still likely getting Z at some point next year), TPHD, a taste of Zelda U with a Link that still looks like a chick to me, fucking Cloud in Smash and a Smash Bros presentation on the way. Pretty damn satisfying.

Also got a lot more release dates than I expected. Like we have release dates for games coming out in February, March and April. It felt like we never got release dates that far in advance for Nintendo games last year.

I knew it was going to be Shibata. He'd already been awesome in the past EU directs.

I think they really tried with this Direct, and they delivered a bit, I guess. It's just that pretty much everything that is still coming out for WiiU seems like rather lazy efforts to bridge the time till NX releases... So all in all I am a bit disappointed.

The only thing for WiiU I am really excited about are the Splatoon Updates. And maybe I am going to check out Super Mario Maker again. But other than Zelda WiiU (if it doesn't come out on NX), I just realized that Super Mario Maker might have been the last WiiU game I'll buy ;_;

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Is there a list of everything they talked about and dates announced? I feel like I'm going to be spending a lot of money on 3DS games in early 2016. Which is great, because I bought so little for it this year.

From a pastebin that's written like a liveblog: http://pastebin.com/R5VFxSak

Code:
opens with reggie, respects to iwata

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD for Wii U
	releasing with wolf link amiibo, compatible with smash zelda amiibos
	March 4, 2016, preorders start now (soundtrack as bonus)

Zelda's 30's anniversary
Zelda Wii U is alive
	some data from twilight princess on amiibos carries over to Zelda U
Zelda Triforce Heroes - free update with a new dungeon
	it has several floors
	Linebeck Uniform, Fierce Deity Armor

Super Mystery Dungeon
	Pokemon being turned to stone
	every known pokemon in the game
	connection orb gives new quests
	combination moves
	November 20

Splatoon 
	New Map - Museum with rotating platform
		Mahi-Mahi Resort - lots of water
	New Gear - a lot
	Updating coming tonight at 5 PST - gear now, museum tomorrow
	Splatoon tournament in december - introduces tournament modes

Super Mario Maker
	New website for searching levels
	coming in december

Animal Crossing festival
	comes with isabelle and digby amiibos
	more animal crossing amiibos coming too
	has several different modes - different characters have different attributes
		survival thing, animal crossing quiz
	November 13

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
	smashes, jump shots, mega mushrooms, yeah
		they can be turned off apparently
	online multiplayer
	amiibo - can get teams; level up like in smesh
	november 20

Xenoblade X - December 4
	Meant to be a combination of wRPG and jRPG
	Predownloads today
	survival guide exists

Eshop exclusives
	Badge arcade - released a while ago
	crane machine - stickers used to customize home menu
	can pay for more tries

Pokemon Picross
	Puzzle game - reveals pokemon picture
	reveal them to capture pokemon, support skills
	in app purchases to make stuff easier
	early december

indies
	steamworld heist
	fast racing neo
	typoman

Yokai Watch
	bill is still a meme

talking about recent releases, games coming soon
	devil's third exists soon
	new wii u bundle - splatoon and wii u smesh
	new 3ds xl bundles
	amiibo stuff in january

Pokken Tournament
	Shadow Mewtwo confirmed unlockable
	Amiibo card available for him - can automatically unlock him
	coming spring

Starfox U
	vehicles - arwing, walker form, landmaster, gyrowing
	"you know falco would"
	April 22

Mario and paper mario crossover
	shapeshifting stuff for finding new places
	papercraft battles
	multiplayer stuff
	battle cards - have different effects
	character cards - more powerful stuff, made from amiibo (mario party series)
	January 22

Final Fantasy Explorers (3ds)
	lots of professions, can switch between them
	real time rpg, lots of customization
	can play with friends/recruit monsters
	includes all dlc from japan for free
	January 26
	Collectors edition - comes with artbook, soundtrack, exclusive quests, case

Fire Emblem Fates
	Different routes sold seperately - discount on the second for download
	Full package available for $80, comes with pouch and artbook
	February 19
	DLC coming too

Megaman Legacy Collection
	collection of the first 6 games
	museum made - concept art, exclusive stuff
	challenge modes - some are exclusive unlocked by megaman amiibo
	gold megaman coming too
	coming to retail February 23

Pokemon Gen 1 coming to eshop
	"preserved almost exactly as they were" glitch time
	trading and battling use wifi
	February 27

Hyrule Warriors Legends (3ds)
	tetra, toon link, king, skull kid playable
	new original character - linkle, dual crossbows
	March 25, new home menu stuff too

Bravely Second coming soon, i missed the date
Dragon quest 7 coming to nintendo 3ds
	summer 2016
	Dragon quest 8 coming soon too

they're really just edging us for smash aren't they
	kerbal space program
	mighty no. 9
	Lego marvel's avengers
	Project X Zone 2
	Terarria

here we go
	Final fantasy 7 x smash bros
	Cloud
		lots of sword stuff
		limit break mechanic?
		comes with a stage
			definitely not tourney legal
		final smash is great aether number 29
	special broadcast coming in december - was he not the ballot winner?

we may never know

EU:

Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (LE available)
Wolf Link amiibo
Zelda Wii U
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass VC
Zelda: Spirit Tracks VC
Zelda: Triforce Heroes DLC
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros
Splatoon DLC
Super Mario Maker DLC
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival
Mario Tennis: Super Smash
New Style Boutique 2: Fashion Forward
Fast Racing Neo
Typoman
Streamworld Heist
Nintendo Badge Arcade
Pokemon Picross
Pokemon Red, Blue & Yellow VC
Final Fantasy Explorers
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Pokken Tournament
Star Fox Zero
Lucas amiibo
Animal Crossing amiibo x12
Animal Crossing amiibo cards Series 2
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Hyrule Warriors Legends (LE available)
Bravely Second: End Layer (LE available)
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Fire Emblem: Fates (LE available)
Super Smash Bros - Cloud

Morts

I just realized that they did not mention the new Nintendo Account/rewards program. Weren't those supposed to launch this year?

Seems i missed quite a thread..
Was a pretty good direct for me. Gotta like that little nintendo moment with Bill and Reggie

TP HD was already leaked days ago but seeing it confirmed was nice.
New Splatoon stages
Dragon quest 7 and 8 getting a western release on 3DS
Linkle actually getting the game
bunch of release dates and other stuff

I never expected cloud either

Ridley327

If anyone can answer, is NA getting the Bravely Second collector's edition as well? I can't find it on any site.

Currently unknown. I'd be surprised if it didn't come over, but I imagine it's one of those situations where NOA is waiting on NOE, since it appears they're taking lead once again.

Hopefully, we get the artbook at least. Getting a full-sized one is a hell of a nice treat.

Tripon

Currently unknown. I'd be surprised if it didn't come over, but I imagine it's one of those situations where NOA is waiting on NOE, since it appears they're taking lead once again.

Hopefully, we get the artbook at least. Getting a full-sized one is a hell of a nice treat.
Thanks.

Top Bottom